WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Audio Question

RichieRich

Reaction score
upgrading the head unit in the boat to the Fosgate with the transom remote...but also want to upgrade the 8 6x9s in the boat. Has anyone converted from a 6x9 to a 6.5 or 8"? And has anyone found a bolt in adapter for this? Thanks in advance.
Rich

Attachments

• speakers.JPG
    speakers.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 132

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
They do make the adapters to go from a 6x9 to an 8 or a 6x9 to a 6.5 and tweeter, but unless you are running a sub I am not sure that it would really be an "upgrade". Probably better off going with a better 6x9 and amp.

I'm a huge RF fan but I really don't like the size of their remotes. Make sure its something that will work on your transom before committing. For me I could see someone sitting on the transom and either breaking the knob or adjusting the volume with their ass :)

I'm running over 6k watts of RF amps with 8 subs & 14 mids and the only thing not RF is the head unit and remotes because of the remote size

RichieRich

Reaction score
They do make the adapters to go from a 6x9 to an 8 or a 6x9 to a 6.5 and tweeter, but unless you are running a sub I am not sure that it would really be an "upgrade". Probably better off going with a better 6x9 and amp.

I'm a huge RF fan but I really don't like the size of their remotes. Make sure its something that will work on your transom before committing. For me I could see someone sitting on the transom and either breaking the knob or adjusting the volume with their ass :)

I'm running over 6k watts of RF amps with 8 subs & 14 mids and the only thing not RF is the head unit and remotes because of the remote size
thank you....I do have about 2000 watts and two subs but trying to find marine 6x9s are not easy.

HavaToon

Reaction score
No idea of your budget but here is a LOUD 6x9 Marine option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichieRich

Reaction score
No idea of your budget but here is a LOUD 6x9 Marine option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
those are probably very loud

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Put a set of horn loaded 8’s down there. You can buy precut pieces of starboard to make an outer ring to make a trim ring if needed on the two outer edges.

carrera202

Reaction score
Not many, but have you tried crutchfield?

RichieRich

Reaction score
Put a set of horn loaded 8’s down there. You can buy precut pieces of starboard to make an outer ring to make a trim ring if needed on the two outer edges.
I looked for some type of precut piece and couldnt find anything...do you know where to get them?
thanks
Rich

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I looked for some type of precut piece and couldnt find anything...do you know where to get them?
thanks
Rich
By precut I’m talking say a 12”x12” piece then you cut your ring size and id into it. Go talk to Speed or Sound or Wired for Sound both do this daily and can make for you, i know SoS has some huge hole saws so he’d be able to cut you an 9” od with a 8.5” I’d for some 8.8’s that’s look super stellar.

jones performance

Reaction score
rockfords new horn loaded m2 8"s are awesome, loud and clean with appropriate power. for an adaptor or trim peice you could use hdpe or even abs and wrap em with matching vinyl. to make adapters i use a router and templates. fyi the m2's require a 7" cutout.