WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat content. Longer tails

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
My Daytona has 2” long tailpipes. The back of my boat gets sooo sooty. My tune is good. When I ran avgas and 12lbs boost, same afr, no soot.

I think most of it is crappy fuel these days, so was thinking maybe longer tail pipes. I see like 12” on 28’-33’ Daytonas? Anyone ran across this?

DWC

Reaction score
it was a SOB to clean the Magic transom after each trip, especially if we didn’t use 87. I’m not a huge fan of our Eticket pipes. They’re way too long but they do keep the spot off the boat. They’re a SOB to keep clean though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
it was a SOB to clean the Magic transom after each trip, especially if we didn’t use 87. I’m not a huge fan of our Eticket pipes. They’re way too long but they do keep the spot off the boat. They’re a SOB to keep clean though.

Bio kleen makes a product that you can just wipe on wipe off.. it’s pretty incredible

DWC

Reaction score
Bio kleen makes a product that you can just wipe on wipe off.. it’s pretty incredible
I’ve tried it. Worked as well as anything I’ve used. Pretty sure i have every cleaner made. It cleans them up but looks like crap a minute into the trip. I usually detail them once a year and then hit it a little on each trip.

gqchris

Reaction score
I just used some of my bio clean on the transom of my ocean boat yesterday. It still amazes me! Took off some rust spots below my exhaust. and hit my trailer wheels with it. Its magical!

HST4ME

Reaction score
The soot comes from the corn juice. Stop using fuels with corn juice, minimal soot. And fucking operating temperatures, jesus christ a thermostat isn't a bad thing.

81eliminator

Reaction score
Right
We’re saying the same thing
Nope, Av gas runs richer, that's why your motor doesn't ping or detenate on av or high octane gas, it burns cleaner because it's a cooler more complete burn which produces more power.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I’ve tried it. Worked as well as anything I’ve used. Pretty sure i have every cleaner made. It cleans them up but looks like crap a minute into the trip. I usually detail them once a year and then hit it a little on each trip.

I thought that your program was dialed in. Maybe you just need a few more guests to help with the cleaning OR make the ones you have stay longer to detail it better. 👍

LOL

BTW, we have been very thankful for your generosity over time and if I/we fell short please accept our apologies.

Reactions: DWC

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
I have thought about trying that RV black steak remover stuff on the transom, Has anyone used it on a boat?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Some Adam’s Tire & Wheel cleaner diluted with some detail spray works awesome on transom soot.

DWC

Reaction score
I thought that your program was dialed in. Maybe you just need a few more guests to help with the cleaning OR make the ones you have stay longer to detail it better. 👍

LOL

BTW, we have been very thankful for your generosity over time and if I/we fell short please accept our apologies.
It’s never the guests. 😉 Steph is very clear in her role. I can pick/choose the boat. She wants to be able to get on/off easily and she’s not going to wipe down. I’m good with it👍