WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Crash.. :(

MillerTime

Reaction score
Omg!! This is terrible. Condolences to all and RIP to those that passed.
Hopefully everyone else stays safe out there this weekend

MrMayhem

Reaction score
So sad. Prayers to their families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterheater

Reaction score
I’m devastated.. I was just having drinks with Brad two weeks ago at his daughters wedding reception at bobaloos.

He is one of the three they were doing CPR on and please keep him and the others in your prayers.

I’m absolutely heart broken.. shitty end to what otherwise was a very good DS.
such a great weekend. So sad to heat
this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Is BRAD a dairy farmer from the mid west? I bought a DCB from him a few years back.

Richard.E

Reaction score
RIP BRAD....such a down to earth nice guy. Can’t even imagine what their family is going thru right now.

JP was not in the boat during the crash...

Rondog4405

Reaction score
So sad. One minute here . the next gone. Prayers out to the family:(

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
So sad to hear......Doing what they loved. Life is precious, but not forever. RIP and again thoughts and prayers.:(

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
This is devastating news. Prayers to the LS family and their friends. Out enjoying our hobby should not end in loss of life.

Godspeed to them...

boatpi

Reaction score
So sad.

Was Brad a former police officer with Redlands PD., if so I may have met him a number of years ago? Same first/last name.

funkcity

Reaction score
This is very very sad. To the families my sincere condolences.
Extremely fast cat boats....take yet another life. It doesn't seem to matter the manufacturer either.
You have to wonder what can be done to make it safer. You lose a drive and barrel roll = HTM Castaic Lake.
You Blow over = Outer Limits Mike Fiore at LOTO. You stuff = Conquest catamaran Chris Lavin (They added safety precautions and canopies then)
But when the boat becomes a plane? Maybe lower speeds aren't such a bad thing after all?

236eaglexp

Reaction score
Very sad to read. He pulled up to us on the water at 2016 DS Shootout. Chatted for awhile and gave all my kids and crew Lickity Split gear and shirts. My kids still talk about it all the time, and my girls still wear the shirts as nightgowns all summer! Very nice guy....didn't know him prior, but he made quite an impression on our family that day. Prayers to his family!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Horrible news.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Can't believe what I am reading. He passed by us this morning in the Channel and waved to the kids.

Damn......this is just terrible. RIP gentleman

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Keymyster

Reaction score
Very bad news to hear. Prayers to the family.

montaj629

Reaction score
Very sad to hear. The whole LS team was class act.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
My deepest condolences to the families and friends, including the many here on RDP.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Terrible news

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Is BRAD a dairy farmer from the mid west? I bought a DCB from him a few years back.

If your talking about your f29 That You filled in the open bow he is from NM and not him.

Andy01

Reaction score
This is horrible, pray for Connie.

This accident was terrible. Boats recovered, please try not to post pictures of the boat if you see it in town. This was a very violent accident.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
From the excitement of watching him run today to the lowest of lows. RIP gentlemen. Prayers to other injured and family and friends:(

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Sad deal.. prayers for the family [emoji20]

MalibuKen

Rockstar Rocks!
Reaction score
Very sad indeed! :(
Prayers for the family and friends .

RodnJen

Reaction score
Our thoughts are with all involved and everyone lucky enough to know them.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Seeing the sponsons floating made my stomach drop earlier. RIP

locogringo

Yo Mama
Reaction score
Our thoughts and prayers to all involved. Godspeed... and remember, those left behind, to rest on your friends shoulders during these tough times.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
RIP BRAD....such a down to earth nice guy. Can’t even imagine what their family is going thru right now.

JP was not in the boat during the crash...
So its confirmed that JP wasnt in the boat in the boat at the time it went over?

I never got to know brad on a personal level, but the JP (the boats owner) was actually one of the most humble people ive ever met.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Boat 405

Reaction score
So sad. RIP. I’m here at the boat drags today in Bakersfield and although not knowing him I definitely feel it. It’s a passion for all of us. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families involved.

Richard.E

Reaction score
So its confirmed that JP wasnt in the boat in the boat at the time it went over?

I never got to know brad on a personal level, but the JP (the boats owner) was actually one of the most humble people ive ever met.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Confirmed by my friend that was at the hospital with the family of the victims.

Last edited:

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
A boating accident that reportedly killed one passenger and put two people in critical condition was reported at Contact Point near South Basin on Saturday following the Desert Storm Shootout, according to Mohave County Sheriff’s Office.

The boat, which online magazine Speed on the Water reports as Lickity Split, a DCB 35-foot catamaran, was carrying three passengers at the time, including boat driver Brad Kloepfer. The site posted on its Facebook page that Kloepfer reached a speed of 158 mph on the boat during the race.

Kloepfer’s sister Kim, posted to Facebook he died during the wreck.

Rick Powell, a photographer who saw the wreck, said a rouge wave launched the boat 50 feet in the air, causing it to flip.

Dan Herron, the safety coordinator for Desert Storm, said the accident didn't happen as part of the event, however once word got out the group shut down the Shootout to send any available safety boats to assist the Sheriff's Department with redirecting traffic away from the site.

The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office has not made an official announcement on the accident but said it would send a release by the end of the day.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Heartbreaking.

Rick Powell, a photographer who saw the wreck, said a rouge wave launched the boat 50 feet in the air, causing it to flip.

Dan Herron, the safety coordinator for Desert Storm, said the accident didn't happen as part of the event, however once word got out the group shut down the Shootout to send any available safety boats to assist the Sheriff's Department with redirecting traffic away from the site.

The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office has not made an official announcement on the accident but said it would send a release by the end of the day.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A boating accident that reportedly killed one passenger and put two people in critical condition was reported at Contact Point near South Basin on Saturday following the Desert Storm Shootout, according to Mohave County Sheriff’s Office.

The boat, which online magazine Speed on the Water reports as Lickity Split, a DCB 35-foot catamaran, was carrying three passengers at the time, including boat driver Brad Kloepfer. The site posted on its Facebook page that Kloepfer reached a speed of 158 mph on the boat during the race.

Yeesh. Heartbreaking. Sad deal.