WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Down! .... Hope Not An Inmate....

River Runnin

Reaction score
Just past the Bill Williams bridge towards Havasu, Traffic was backed up to the Springs turn off.

Boat Down 2.jpg

Boat Down 1.jpg

River Runnin

Reaction score
Don't know if it was the boats tow rig, But they had a pickup on the tow truck that had the front right "A" arm and fender mangled pretty bad -- just couldn't get a pic!

But also think speed was a factor!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Where was the car/truck? Looks like the whole trailer went 180 and flipped. I hope this was the end of their spring break, and not the first day☹️

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Was it going down hill ? doesnt look like it had axle brakes ? Looks like a dual jet "seadoo" deal maybe

2Driver

Reaction score
That turn has claim a lot of vehIckes. Long ago a food delivery truck went into the BW missing the bridge coming down from Havasu. There was vacuum packed cheese all over the river. It’s an off camber turn then you have to go straight to make the bridge approach. Bad design

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I hate coming down that turn. Exhaust brake and gearing is the way to go. Save the service brakes for emergencies.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That turn has claim a lot of vehIckes. Long ago a food delivery truck went into the BW missing the bridge coming down from Havasu. There was vacuum packed cheese all over the river. It’s an off camber turn then you have to go straight to make the bridge approach. Bad design

Decreasing radius also. Definitely a real bad turn heading south.

I've hit it too fast a few times myself.

River Runnin

Reaction score
So the sprinter was the tow rig -- seen it there -- and that pickup was already loaded on the tow truck.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sprinter camper van towing the boat...not familiar with their abilities or the boat/trailer characteristics. Looks pretty nasty, but doesn't appear to be major injuries.

On a different note, I'd be finding a trailer. Get it home, scrap the tower and start mixing some resin. Sand and paint...20/20 vision, 20ft and 20mph. Jet pumps look good, interior probably decent still. It's the beginning of the season. If it floats and runs, it's still something useful!

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Sad to see. Seems everyone is alright. The boat can be replaced. Still sucks.

Hightyme

Reaction score
Kinda looks like the truck definitely hit the van well shit lol beat me to it 😂

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
That really sucks. At least it was just a cookie cutter Yamaha boat. Should be easy to replace. Hopefully the owners are able to get one before their summer is ruined.

blueflaminhot

Reaction score
Sad to see but something looks off with that trailer. That is definitely a Yamaha 212 or larger, which should only have dual axle trailers. Single axle trailer is used on 192/195.

Edit: Nevermind looks like it is dual just the angle of the picture.

Singleton

Reaction score
Looking at all the pics,
1) truck went wide (excessive speed on that corner), hit van then all hell broke out.
OR
2) van took corner too sharp, hit truck and all hell broke out.

Either way, sucks to see someone’s spring break vacation end before it starts and boating season most likely gone.

GETBOATS

Reaction score
Sarcastic humor has it place , but certainty not at this poor guys expense. I don't see the knee slappin fun in it. Hope all can Learn from his unfortunate experience. For those of you that say "hahaha never me" think again. Be safe out there

2Driver

Reaction score
Looking at all the pics,
1) truck went wide (excessive speed on that corner), hit van then all hell broke out.
OR
2) van took corner too sharp, hit truck and all hell broke out.

Either way, sucks to see someone’s spring break vacation end before it starts and boating season most likely gone.

LOL So we’ve determined that at least hell broke loose. 😁

traquer

Reaction score
That sucks. That will make a great salvage auction find for someone though.

hman442

Reaction score
Bottom line, looks like a F-150 caused the whole thing. Damn those things!

Reactions: t&y