WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
One is still in the hospital. Why is this anyone else's business? I appreciate you being there to stay with the boat but that is the least of our concern right now. Getting them help and off the water was priority.

Right?

But to answer your question, cell phones, cameras, social media, and it happened in Peyton Place.

Singleton

Reaction score
I stayed on the line with 911 describing injuries as well as the direction the deck boat was headed till we lost sight of them. Phone call lasted 11 mins.

The operator said that they were relaying what I was saying to Deputies and EMS via radio. She basically said just keep describing the scenario as it’s playing out so that we can keep everyone informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you did right IMO
Friends of boat that rolled did right as well
Only thing IMO that was strange, is both the other boats left. I would of though 1 would go, 1 would stay

Mcintyrelocal

Reaction score
The owner is a very good friend of mine... Its tough to see these things happen but sometimes the stars allign just right and anything can happen.. Whether your doing 40mph or 100mph... He has 3 boats and boats 4 days a week most of the year, this was not a lack of experience or someone behind the wheel that is foolish. These boats perform well and run pretty dry out of the water. Even the best Boat operator can have something happen that they didn't see coming or was out if their control and happens in an instant. I am VERY happy that him and the passenger that is also a friend of mine came out if this with relatively minor injuries....

poncho

Reaction score
Grads, you trolling?
Screenshot_20201018-133612_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Boat related question...how fast was the boat going? No, not a proponent of speed limits, but bigger, faster boats usually "stick" pretty good. I don't own anything that big, so I assume lots of power is needed to get that far out of shape? Or, is this a situation where packing air was good until water conditions changed at speed?

Someday I'd like to have a boat where this knowledge is important. For now, just info to stuff in the mental rolladex.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Boat related question...how fast was the boat going? No, not a proponent of speed limits, but bigger, faster boats usually "stick" pretty good. I don't own anything that big, so I assume lots of power is needed to get that far out of shape? Or, is this a situation where packing air was good until water conditions changed at speed?

Someday I'd like to have a boat where this knowledge is important. For now, just info to stuff in the mental rolladex.
If I act stupid, I can blow over my 18’10” lavey M VP In the mid 70 mph range...almost did it once when I first got it and was looking for the limits. I forced the boat into the situation and was prepared to recover as soon as things started happening.

when you’re running just short of the limit...a ripple that you don’t see can put you outta shape in a hurry. That’s a risk we all take. The only time I’ve ever been pitched out of a boat was doing less than 50mph in a 90+ mph boat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It sounds like the injuries are little more severe than originally stated in this thread last night so I just hope they will be ok, the boat can always be replaced, people can't.

But with that said why not call 911? I don't care who took them to hospital, by calling 911 the hospitals can prepare for what is coming and that crucial preparation can sometimes save a life.

You have been watching too much greys anatomy.. lol

I have been around plenty of these situations, and if there’s an ambulance the emt’s tell them what’s what when they arrive on scene. If there’s not an ambulance the people themselves or their friends give the check in staff whatever details they have.

I don’t know what world ya live in, but when you call 911 they aren’t calling doctor whoever and start prepping for surgery while the patient is being evac’d from the water. They wouldn’t even know what they are prepping for until the guy gets there.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score

I have been around plenty of these situations, and if there’s an ambulance the emt’s tell them what’s what when they arrive on scene. If there’s not an ambulance the people themselves or their friends give the check in staff whatever details they have.

I don’t know what world ya live in, but when you call 911 they aren’t calling doctor whoever and start prepping for surgery while the patient is being evac’d from the water. They wouldn’t even know what they are prepping for until the guy gets there.
This is so not true. I have had multiple doctors since my stroke tell me if I even remotely think I’m having another one do not drive to the hospital, call 911 and wait for an ambulance....and I live 3 miles from the hospital. Reason being the hospital will prepare for my arrival and any needed tests or rooms. I’ve spent enough time in the hospital/ER to know this is true because I’ve heard the announcements over the loudspeaker. I’m sure any nurses, doctors or EMT's on the board will back me up on this.

Last edited:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

It's not too much Grey's Anatomy, it's just YOUR resident troll hellbent on telling people they're wrong, they're stupid, they're lying etc...
I've generally ignored his digs and jabs at other members but this was personal to me.
Fuck him and I'm finally on board with the rest who believe less is more and he's run his course here.

4Waters

Reaction score

Medics make base contact with information on mechanism of injury the injuries sustained med history allergies and medications the patient is on as well as the patient vitals...... I have skipped the ER all together a few times and transferred the patient from my gurney to the hospital gurney in the operating room. There is a lot that can go wrong without prehospital care, I showed up to a chest pain but felt inclined to check BP on both arms and discovered 2 different BP's, the patient was having an Aortic Aneurysm. It sounds like things went fine here and that's what matters.

hallett21

Reaction score
It's not too much Grey's Anatomy, it's just YOUR resident troll hellbent on telling people they're wrong, they're stupid, they're lying etc...
I've generally ignored his digs and jabs at other members but this was personal to me.
Fuck him and I'm finally on board with the rest who believe less is more and he's run his course here.

Honest question. How did you guys recover the boat from sea tow?

When you guys all took the passenger/driver for medical attention no one but us were with the boat. Wouldn’t that make it an automatic impound? Just based upon the fact the boat owner was not there.

Not saying your intentions weren’t genuine but how does the LEO know whether you’re the owner/buddy/etc.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is so not true. I have had multiple doctors since my stroke tell me if I even remotely think I’m having another one do not drive to the hospital, call 911 and wait for an ambulance....and I live 3 miles from the hospital. Reason being the hospital will prepare for my arrival and any needed tests or rooms. I’ve spent enough time in the hospital/ER to know this is true because I’ve heard the announcements over the loudspeaker. I’m sure any nurses or doctors on the board will back me up on this.

Well maybe you love in some high tech area where the 911 dispatch will let doc know Grads is coming and they will prep shit.. but I can tell you they most likely don’t want you to drive because they are concerned about what would happen if you experienced another health problem behind the wheel.

GRADS

Reaction score
Really? I've been in this same exact situation before. Had a boat 50' in front of me pitch 5 people out. I know what it is like. @RogerThat99

GRADS

Reaction score
Well maybe you love in some high tech area where the 911 dispatch will let doc know Grads is coming and they will prep shit.. but I can tell you they most likely don’t want you to drive because they are concerned about what would happen if you experienced another health problem behind the wheel.
Maybe I should have clarified that statement....they said no one should drive me to the hospital but an ambulance. I'm pretty sure I'm not driving myself if I'm having a stroke.🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

When you guys all took the passenger/driver for medical attention no one but us were with the boat. Wouldn’t that make it an automatic impound? Just based upon the fact the boat owner was not there.

Not saying your intentions weren’t genuine but how does the LEO know whether you’re the owner/buddy/etc.

A number of reasons I suppose.
No real reason to get overly detailed but they were well aware of my connection to the owner and his boat.
Sea Tow was obviously concerned about their ability to bill for services and mentioned the "Care custody and control" the Sheriff's office gave them over the vessel but reasonable people doing reasonable things don't generally have issues.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Really? I've been in this same exact situation before. Had a boat 50' in front of me pitch 5 people out. I know what it is like. @RogerThat99

And that excuses you how?
You were out of line and you obviously knew it because you deleted some comments.

yz450mm

Reaction score
This is so not true. I have had multiple doctors since my stroke tell me if I even remotely think I’m having another one do not drive to the hospital, call 911 and wait for an ambulance....and I live 3 miles from the hospital. Reason being the hospital will prepare for my arrival and any needed tests or rooms. I’ve spent enough time in the hospital/ER to know this is true because I’ve heard the announcements over the loudspeaker. I’m sure any nurses or doctors on the board will back me up on this.

LOL, no. They don't want you to drive, because if you're having a stroke, you probably shouldn't drive a motor vehicle and kill other people when you crash.

The only time a hospital is actively preparing for an arrival is when they have a trauma patient inbound, and they are a level 1 or 2 Trauma Center. Or a pediatric patient, that will put everybody on their toes. Since Havasu and Parker don't have a Trauma Center, any people that meet the trauma criteria will be flown to Phoenix or Las Vegas. However, they can only fly people that are reasonably stable, since they don't want to be doing CPR in a helicopter the whole time ( or deal with a combative patient).

Being ejected from a boat in a high-speed rollover is absolutely cause to be transported to a Trauma Center due to mechanism of injury. Any paramedic would err on the side of caution, and unless the patient was able to legally sign an AMA, they would probably get shipped out to get a full assessment.

We used to only have radios, but with the current level of technology and mobile data terminals, the hospitals have all the information they need before anybody gets there via ambulance. I'm not sure what you thought you were hearing over the speakers, but they definitely aren't giving out patient information or anything other than calling a code blue.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score

EMS and LEO were dispatched no idea on the hospital. My wife works at Huntington in Pasadena in the ER/trauma and they get incoming info from EMS and LEO. Doesn’t mean @GRADS is wrong. Depends on your area.

I will say the girl I was talking to on 911 was awesome. It’s was Mojave county dispatch and she knew all locations I was describing.

Mouth of river, 3-4 mile north of Windsor launch ramp, occupants headed towards crazy horse, site 6, north of London bridge channel, etc. She was on it the whole time.

Vs 911 In CA where you are calling Nor Cal highway patrol dispatch even though you’re in so cal.

GRADS

Reaction score
And that excuses you how?
You were out of line and you obviously knew it because you deleted some comments.
Because the daughter of one of the injured sent me a PM and I thought it was best.

HaviGirlie

Reaction score
He was going 50-60 mph and this is only a 23' boat. It was solely water condition. He caught a wake that came at him quick. They went up, and when it came down it stuffed the port sponson and they both launched out the starboard side. Luckily he removed the bimini yesterday morning...

Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes. We all know that this can happen to any of us, so we have to stick together.

There will be some rough days ahead, but looking forward to being back to 100%.

IMG_0661.JPEG.jpeg
IMG_3892.JPG

GRADS

Reaction score
What you fail to understand is you should have thought that PRIOR to posting your crap.
You have a pattern.
Read this thread in order starting from post #1. Someone came in saying a boat flipped, the occupants were ok and refused medical advice, said don't call 911 and sped off.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Read this thread in order starting from post #1. Someone came in saying a boat flipped, the occupants were ok and refused medical advice, said don't call 911 and sped off.

You're telling ME to read the thread?
You quoted MY post and called it bullshit.
You want to call me a liar again? Do it safely from Northern Cal then.

DLC

Reaction score
have you ever heard of Bruce Jennings? I think he was involved with Warlock boats at one point and also owned Jennings Firearms also known as Bryco Arms.

i have a SS Bryco Arms pistol and It just sucks! nice hunk of Stainless Steel And would make a great boat anchor But won’t cycle a round!

i bought it 20-25 years ago brand new for $80

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
He was going 50-60 mph and this is only a 23' boat. It was solely water condition. He caught a wake that came at him quick. They went up, and when it came down it stuffed the port sponson and they both launched out the starboard side. Luckily he removed the bimini yesterday morning...

Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes. We all know that this can happen to any of us, so we have to stick together.

View attachment 933300 View attachment 933307

I was so hoping it wasn’t Frank when I saw the boat was a WPM. He has been a customer of our shop. His wife came in yesterday and picked up his sunglasses. Glad to see the guys are gonna be okay!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LowRiver2

Reaction score
i have a SS Bryco Arms pistol and It just sucks! nice hunk of Stainless Steel And would make a great boat anchor But won’t cycle a round!

i bought it 20-25 years ago brand new for $80
You and several thousand others did. Many more were sold on the streeet, literally brand new. If I knew Jennings to be involved with any product, I'd run the other way. That guy screwed up the reputation of affordable handguns to this day.

Reactions: DLC

DMF

Reaction score

View attachment 933300 View attachment 933307
Thank you for the update and the explanation of what happened. I am a cat owner and I was curious as to what caused the boat to roll over. They look in good spirits in the picture. I am glad to hear things are gonna be okay. Heal up fellow boaters so you can be out there again soon!

She's Mine

Reaction score
Scared the shit out of me. We were just past the mouth of the river by 50-100 yards. I look over to my left and watch him lose it once and recover. But he never lifted and hit another wake and went over.

Glad it was just the two of them because we were all ready to go swimming looking for people.

Wow, that is nuts. I actually thought the water was pretty calm this weekend weird how this happen.

DLC

Reaction score
if it has tits, tires or a prop it'll give you problems.

lending it out only multiplies those percentages.

--Sherpa

flys, fucks or floats - Better off renting it!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

I don’t know. When my son got the nail on his Butt they were waiting for him when he got there. I know because I got there first

Duramax

Reaction score
You're telling ME to read the thread?
You quoted MY post and called it bullshit.
You want to call me a liar again? Do it safely from Northern Cal then.
Did the boat sustain any damage? When you pulled it up with the trailer I bet was HEAVY being full of water.

I'm glad they are both out of the hospital! Great turn out.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Did the boat sustain any damage? When you pulled it up with the trailer I bet was HEAVY being full of water.

I'm glad they are both out of the hospital! Great turn out.

Sea Tow was pumping out the boat with their pump but yes, it had to sit just out of the water to let the sponsons drain for a while.
Sea Tow was able to remove 90+% of the water with their pumps before putting it on the trailer.
The boat didn't look too bad really. Interior seating damage and the scoop on the hatch but otherwise looked good.
I took it directly to a quality shop in town Saturday night and they started on it the next morning.

Both guys are very lucky as that could have been a disaster for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.