WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallett21

Reaction score
Don't believe everything you read.
Sheriff was involved as required. They needed medical attention more than anything else at that moment.

The conquest repeatedly told us not to call 911 while we were already on with them.

My wife threw them (conquest) the crashed boats cooler that had ripped open [emoji6].

There was a Pontoon, Conquest and sounds like you guys who all knew the boat and occupants.

Yet I was the only one to stay with the sunk boat till sheriffs arrived.

I’m glad they only had minor injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
knowing LF very well I can assure you that he jumped into action immediately and knew they could get the parties off the lake faster to medical help rather than waiting for medical to arrive. Time matters.
I get it. Just keep scratching my head as to why they told first on scene to not call 911. Time matters, of course and emergency services would have been at Windsor before they got off plane.

Everyone has their own program, so just going to leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
The conquest repeatedly told us not to call 911 while we were already on with them.

My wife threw them (conquest) the crashed boats cooler that had ripped open [emoji6].

There was a Pontoon, Conquest and sounds like you guys who all knew the boat and occupants.

glad you responded as well. Good karma coming your way

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Injured but will be OK.
It was a pretty violent toss.

I can’t imagine. I’m glad they are ok. That’s really all that matters in this discussion. The boat can be fixed or replaced. Nobody else was hurt or affected.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Man..........this thread has a little bit of everything!

gYIvV2rlFpwzu.gif

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I need hospitalization but don't call 911, refuse a nurses advice, let my boat sink. No fucking way.

They were taken to the hospital for injuries. I’m sure once there and given the circumstances of why they were there, the doctors would provide necessary care as well as diligence. I remember when my son was in his Moto accident, many ancillary tests and questions were asked.

Now if the investigators go there and realize they never made it to the hospital then things will change. But at this time, they had not been drinking and just wanted to get to the hospital.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

It was a situation where something extremely frightening happened and the boat immediately became of secondary importance.
The boat was going nowhere but down.
The guys in the boat were rattled pretty hard physically and mentally and shouldn't be judged by some thoughts they had just minutes after an event they NEVER expected.
Adrenaline is pounding and they didn't immediately understand the extent of their injuries.
It's easy to Monday morning quarterback the accident but NOTHING untoward is going on during or after.
It was an accident and nothing more.
Honestly.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Dont call 911...probably in shock and was thinking 'ambulance 911' which was not needed since they were already heading to the ER.
Cold water. Flip. Hurt. Panicking.
Nice work RDP boaters for helping. Sounds like just a driver error

Its only a boat, it can be fixed

HaviGirlie

Reaction score

One is still in the hospital. Why is this anyone else's business? I appreciate you being there to stay with the boat but that is the least of our concern right now. Getting them help and off the water was priority.

riverroyal

Reaction score
It was a situation where something extremely frightening happened and the boat immediately became of secondary importance.
The guys in the boat were rattled pretty hard physically and mentally and shouldn't be judged by some thoughts they had just minutes after an event they NEVER expected.
Adrenaline is pounding and they didn't immediately understand the extent of their injuries.
It's easy to Monday morning quarterback the accident but NOTHING untoward is going on during or after.
Honestly.
Nice timing...i agree

poncho

Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous.
Not drunk. Not reporting stolen. Not more money than brains.
Good friend of mine had an accident and we took them to the hospital to be checked out.
An accident and nothing more than that.

Thank you, I see this all the time on forums and FB....Never understood it.

Joker

Reaction score
Honestly.
Speaking of quarterbacks, it’s a good thing you were there Neil instead of an ASU game. It can’t get here soon enough👍🏻

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What is a WPM?
Tom Stolarz, the guy that started Warlock built WPM after he sold Warlock.
He had a 23 and a 28
Fairly limited volume maybe a dozen built under his banner, a few more were built under the Aftershock name.
Tom built a fairly fast, simple yet stout boat. He’s a guy that’s always been just a little ahead of his time.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Tom Stolarz, the guy that started Warlock built WPM after he sold Warlock.
He had a 23 and a 28
Fairly limited volume maybe a dozen built under his banner, a few more were built under the Aftershock name.
Tom built a fairly fast, simple yet stout boat. He’s a guy that’s always been just a little ahead of his time.

have you ever heard of Bruce Jennings? I think he was involved with Warlock boats at one point and also owned Jennings Firearms also known as Bryco Arms.

Reactions: DLC

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sounds familiar. Out of Vegas?

i only knew him as a customer of mine years ago and their gun mfr location was in Irvine. It was making “saturday night special” guns. A bunch of Doctors picketed their unmarked facility when they found out where they were. Eventually they got shut down.

bruce was an interesting guy for sure. He had a helo and raced off shore for a while. I believe he told me he bought Warlock boats. This was probably 30 years ago. I would not doubt if he lived in LV at that time. He seemed to be an adreniline guy all the way.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
One is still in the hospital. Why is this anyone else's business? I appreciate you being there to stay with the boat but that is the least of our concern right now. Getting them help and off the water was priority.

Glad they are alive and ok [emoji1303]

Off the record- One of the occupants has a rare blood disease that prevents clotting. So you can imagine how bad he was banged up from the impact. Getting to the hospital quickly was probably his #1 priority. Who cares about the damn boat? It can be replaced, but you or your friend's life cannot.

Lunatic Fringe- you are a man among men.

Please pray for them and be careful what you post- the family wants some privacy while they sort through the near-death experience.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
First time in his office while he was on the phone was like a movie scene out of a gangster movie....lol. He was yelling at someone cussing them out making sure they knew what their consequences were going to be....lol. I didnt care I was just there to represent the products I had. Haha

gelcoat....Probably not the best thread to be posting this in. I wont post more in here about this.

i hope all involved in the accident recover quickly and completely. Sorry to get off topic

Gelcoater

Reaction score
i only knew him as a customer of mine years ago and their gun mfr location was in Irvine. It was making “saturday night special” guns. A bunch of Doctors picketed their unmarked facility when they found out where they were. Eventually they got shut down.

bruce was an interesting guy for sure. He had a helo and raced off shore for a while. I believe he told me he bought Warlock boats. This was probably 30 years ago. I would not doubt if he lived in LV at that time. He seemed to be an adreniline guy all the way.
Is all a bit foggy to me, lol.
Warlock went through a series of owners.
@oldrigger is the guy to ask, pretty sure he was with them at that point?
I never worked with Stolarz Warlock, only some of the after owners. Did a winter job one year working there and the late Don Kirby was running day to day ops for whoever it was that owned it.

bocco

Reaction score
Just curious how you get boat that is floating upside down, turned right side up and get enough water out to tow it to a trailer and load it. Serious question.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Just curious how you get boat that is floating upside down, turned right side up and get enough water out to tow it to a trailer and load it. Serious question.

Serious answer.
Sea Tow floated and towed the boat to Windsor where i pulled it out on it's trailer.
Everything happened with correct protocol including the Sheriff's department.
No shenanigans.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
have you ever heard of Bruce Jennings? I think he was involved with Warlock boats at one point and also owned Jennings Firearms also known as Bryco Arms.
Side Bar:
Jennings and Bryco: Had to destroy about 2500 of those when the widow called us and said get rid of them. I stopped counting at 13 the number of DOUBLE serial numbered pistols we came across. Fast and loose was an understatement for that operation.
I’ve recovered 31 off gangsters over the years (Bryco/Jennings)
Only good thing about those pistols were that they usually jammed when fired at Cops.
Worst American made pistols ever

River Runnin

Reaction score
I watched them go over, they were immediately to our left by roughly 100 yards. They were trimmed high and caught a wake that took the boat airborne.

Was there a Wave Tractor near by? 😑

bocco

Reaction score
Serious answer.
Sea Tow floated and towed the boat to Windsor where i pulled it out on it's trailer.
Everything happened with correct protocol including the Sheriff's department.
No shenanigans.

Not implying shenanigans. Curious about how sea tow turned it over and kept it floating. Some kind of air bladder?

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Not implying shenanigans. Curious about how sea tow turned it over and kept it floating. Some kind of air bladder?
I didn't mean to sound like you were implying anything.
When I arrived at Windsor there were 2 air bladders attached to the stern.
How they actually floated it I don't know.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Must have been a hell of a wake, perfect timing and speed. Lots of incidents in this shallow area.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Sure is nice to hear you don’t need the law officers all the time something happens.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Side Bar:
Jennings and Bryco: Had to destroy about 2500 of those when the widow called us and said get rid of them. I stopped counting at 13 the number of DOUBLE serial numbered pistols we came across. Fast and loose was an understatement for that operation.
I’ve recovered 31 off gangsters over the years (Bryco/Jennings)
Only good thing about those pistols were that they usually jammed when fired at Cops.
Worst American made pistols ever

holy shit. Ya....they were just cheap and throw aways as I later found out. Like I said...initial meeting was like a gangster movie

JD D05

Reaction score
Sure is nice to hear you don’t need the law officers all the time something happens.

If they went to the hospital they probably did a tox screen and officers would probably go there if they knew they went. I was around an incident and the people in the accident were immediately put into another boat and hauled ass to the marina with officers and ambulance waiting.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It sounds like the injuries are little more severe than originally stated in this thread last night so I just hope they will be ok, the boat can always be replaced, people can't.

But with that said why not call 911? I don't care who took them to hospital, by calling 911 the hospitals can prepare for what is coming and that crucial preparation can sometimes save a life.

Singleton

Reaction score
It sounds like the injuries are little more severe than originally stated in this thread last night so I just hope they will be ok, the boat can always be replaced, people can't.

But with that said why not call 911? I don't care who took them to hospital, by calling 911 the hospitals can prepare for what is coming and that crucial preparation can sometimes save a life.

while I agree calling 911 preps hospital, when in shock you say strange things
also no one knows if friends called hospital on way to ramp

hallett21

Reaction score
while I agree calling 911 preps hospital, when in shock you say strange things
also no one knows if friends called hospital on way to ramp

I stayed on the line with 911 describing injuries as well as the direction the deck boat was headed till we lost sight of them. Phone call lasted 11 mins.

The operator said that they were relaying what I was saying to Deputies and EMS via radio. She basically said just keep describing the scenario as it’s playing out so that we can keep everyone informed.

WYRD

Reaction score

Things that make you go ..🤔

At least they were the only boat involved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.