Status
Not open for further replies.

2Driver

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor. ;)

ignore.JPG

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Were they wearing any type of PFD? If not, it truly is a miracle they're still with us. Thankful they are in the shape they're in, what a life altering experience that had to be.

Reactions: DWC

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

I agree to a point. Ignoring him works to a degree but at what time is enough enough?

He has a pattern that continues to be disruptive.

He strolls the halls of RDP sticking his head in various doors and selectively tossing written grenades into the rooms.
If the response is what he desires, good or bad, he pokes and prods until someone or multiples lose their shit.

If the tide turns too strong against his "grenade" he never returns or gives the "What? Who me?" deal.

There are a number of members here who like him in person and defend him but honestly, when a significant portion of any group dislikes his actions there comes a time when he should look within and decide maybe he's the problem. Maybe try to be the guy the people who know him personally to be.

If he's unable or unwilling to do so then the forums suffer the consequences. Maybe minor consequences but how do you measure?

It's one thing to have a dissenting opinion or even an abrasive persona but the intentional, way out of line comments that he is known for are just not community friendly.
I'm all for a spirited discussion and even off color remarks but there is a time and a place for each of those and he is, I believe, intentionally tone deaf to the timing of that.

He obviously has some issues and I'm sympathetic to that but like I said to start.
When is enough enough?

Dave?

wet hull

Reaction score
Hatch actuator worked fine and the drive trim worked so getting it on the trailer and disconnecting the batteries was fairly easy.

View attachment 933457
First off very happy they are ok. I have always wanted to run next to him. My Orion bottom is based off his. Just widened and length added. But all other features identical I believe. What size motor does he have? Hope to get a chance next season to run with him.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I agree to a point. Ignoring him works to a degree but at what time is enough enough?

He has a pattern that continues to be disruptive.

He strolls the halls of RDP sticking his head in various doors and selectively tossing written grenades into the rooms.
If the response is what he desires, good or bad, he pokes and prods until someone or multiples lose their shit.

If the tide turns too strong against his "grenade" he never returns or gives the "What? Who me?" deal.

There are a number of members here who like him in person and defend him but honestly, when a significant portion of any group dislikes his actions there comes a time when he should look within and decide maybe he's the problem. Maybe try to be the guy the people who know him personally to be.

If he's unable or unwilling to do so then the forums suffer the consequences. Maybe minor consequences but how do you measure?

It's one thing to have a dissenting opinion or even an abrasive persona but the intentional, way out of line comments that he is known for are just not community friendly.
I'm all for a spirited discussion and even off color remarks but there is a time and a place for each of those and he is, I believe, intentionally tone deaf to the timing of that.

He obviously has some issues and I'm sympathetic to that but like I said to start.
When is enough enough?

Dave?
Enough was a long time ago. Grads will eventually piss off the wrong person. The boating community is not big enough to avoid other boaters for the rest of your life. I don’t understand how a person can continuously have individuals pissed at you. Horrible way to go through life

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Enough was a long time ago. Grads will eventually piss off the wrong person. The boating community is not big enough to avoid other boaters for the rest of your life. I don’t understand how a person can continuously have individuals pissed at you. Horrible way to go through life

Really dont know why Dave keeps letting him back in, hes like a zit that wont go away even after popping it. I put him on ignore years ago, no worth my time to read his crap.

BlowMe

Reaction score
Really dont know why Dave keeps letting him back in, hes like a zit that wont go away even after popping it. I put him on ignore years ago, no worth my time to read his crap.

Theres gotta be some kind of smart car club or forum for fags like him. Idk why he just doesnt go on there and stay there with his antics and his dildos

playdeep

Reaction score
Why do you think he backed out from attending Desert Storm...
He knew he couldn't keep his mouth shut&people wouldn't tolerate his bullshit in person.
...At least he was smart enough to know he'd probably end up getting his ass kicked.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@Lunatic Fringe , good on you for getting the boat handled.
He was going 50-60 mph and this is only a 23' boat. It was solely water condition. He caught a wake that came at him quick. They went up, and when it came down it stuffed the port sponson and they both launched out the starboard side. Luckily he removed the bimini yesterday morning...

Thanks for all the concerns and well wishes. We all know that this can happen to any of us, so we have to stick together.

There will be some rough days ahead, but looking forward to being back to 100%.

View attachment 933300 View attachment 933307
@HaviGirlie , thanks for posting a pic of the boat. I'm not very good at guestimating hull size, and in seeing the sponsons I thought it was a much bigger hull.

As for rough days ahead...the guys in the pic are vertical, and that's a damn good start. That sure as hell beats the alternatives, and means their path is better than most.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My thinking is avoid any potential short circuits with all the electrical components having been underwater.
The Perko should be sufficient but I don't know if there were any direct circuits so better safe than sorry.

got ya. Sounds reasonable

HaviGirlie

Reaction score
@Lunatic Fringe , good on you for getting the boat handled.

@HaviGirlie , thanks for posting a pic of the boat. I'm not very good at guestimating hull size, and in seeing the sponsons I thought it was a much bigger hull.

As for rough days ahead...the guys in the pic are vertical, and that's a damn good start. That sure as hell beats the alternatives, and means their path is better than most.

It does look bigger in the pics people have posted after the accident.

They are vertical!...and in good spirits and we can finally rest easy. Definitely going to require quite a bit of recovery for my dad...but he's already ready to get back on the water ASAP. Unfortunately it won't be in this boat but we are just thankful to have them here with us.

I'm not sure why the windscreens are relevant, but here's a pic. (other pics are from when he first bought it)

IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

I do not know Dave or grads. The only logical conclusion is that Dave likes him, agrees with what he does or it increases the bottom line of RDP. Just my .02. I have him on ignore as well.

dspracing

Reaction score
I do not know Dave or grads. The only logical conclusion is that Dave likes him, agrees with what he does or it increases the bottom line of RDP. Just my .02. I have him on ignore as well.

The constant cycle of banning him and bringing him back is getting old. Ignore button is a great feature but in reality why do we need to be using it for a person who is abrasive to so many. How many of us have this asshole on ignore? Certainly feels like he's got something on someone around here....

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Idk how you guys let one guy on the internet get you in such a fluster. Or why you would ever get into a physical altercation over something said on the Internet. It’s literally just words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Docktagon time!!!! Hahaha

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
That’s very true it says a lot a bought people on this website I look up rdp for boating events and this site has turned into a shit show just be safe boating and respect fellow boaters

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Idk how you guys let one guy on the internet get you in such a fluster. Or why you would ever get into a physical altercation over something said on the Internet. It’s literally just words

In it's simplest form yes, just words.
That's not the point though. People join this forum for various reasons but generally because of shared interests and ideas.
When one member in particular repeatedly pushes well beyond the limits of common decency, why continue to offer him a platform?

Do you tune in a watch the TV show "The View"?
Do you listen to gangster rap or teeny bopper pop?
Why not? It's just words.

Dave has made it abundantly clear this forum is not a Democracy as it shouldn't be but even an Oligarchy can be influenced by the masses.
My opinion is it's time for the masses to request a change.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Influencing an Oligarchy is usually done by mass amounts of either money, violence or a combination of the two...

I'm ok with one or two jackwagons. Worked in businesses where words were constantly thrown to goad one into a fight. On the web, it's fishing. On the web, it's just going to raise some blood pressure....

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
That’s very true it says a lot a bought people on this website I look up rdp for boating events and this site has turned into a shit show just be safe boating and respect fellow boaters

This is why I stopped visiting here a couple years ago.

We used to be a tight group, but alot of it had to do with we all knew each other in person, and had the posting respect not to ever post something you wouldn't say to someone in person. I learned alot from the site, and even Hot Boat back in the day- we were all new at some point.

But seeing how some people post makes me question why come here? You need to leave here with a smile on your face, not pissed off at people that ruins your day.

hallett21

Reaction score
In it's simplest form yes, just words.
That's not the point though. People join this forum for various reasons but generally because of shared interests and ideas.
When one member in particular repeatedly pushes well beyond the limits of common decency, why continue to offer him a platform?

Do you tune in a watch the TV show "The View"?
Do you listen to gangster rap or teeny bopper pop?
Why not? It's just words.

Dave has made it abundantly clear this forum is not a Democracy as it shouldn't be but even an Oligarchy can be influenced by the masses.
My opinion is it's time for the masses to request a change.

Lol no to the view. But for shits and giggles I just put my iTunes on shuffle and the first songs up are sung by

Lil bow wow
Dixie chicks
Van Morrison
Chainsmokers
Chris Cagle
Linkin Park

I think the above attitude would be the death of this place.

Case and point 90% of this board can’t wait to put millennials on blast. But in the case of your buddy’s crash it was 2 millennials on scene first making sure everyone’s ok.

This board was filled with 30-40 year olds when I first came on here 10ish years ago. All posting weekend photos and talking about wild weekend stories. Lately it’s just a sounding board of politics and guys complaining.

I see it at the sandbar. Within 5 mins of talking to a complete stranger it’s always CA is a shit hole, fuck the liberals and TRUMP MAGA!!!!

I’m a conservative and will vote Trump. But I came to the sand bar to enjoy my friends/family and drink a few beers. You wanna talk boats I’m all ears.

And I realize as the general boating population gets older it’s only natural. But what’s the end goal? Talking about retirement homes? You gotta leave the door open for new blood.

I come here for the boating and custom content only. @GRADS puts up more photos of boats and chicks topless than I’d say 80% of this place.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

We used to be a tight group, but alot of it had to do with we all knew each other in person, and had the posting respect not to ever post something you wouldn't say to someone in person. I learned alot from the site, and even Hot Boat back in the day- we were all new at some point.

But seeing how some people post makes me question why come here? You need to leave here with a smile on your face, not pissed off at people that ruins your day.

Exactly.
As one of my signature lines states, " We don't have to agree but we can stop being disagreeable".

It's one thing to have a dissenting opinion but that's not his style.
He simply wants to create chaos and unrest by pissing off as many as possible.
I'm not here for that. I don't find it entertaining.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I mean I think that was a joke at first, cant even remember. But the shit I’ve seen people post about burying bodies etc just make me shake my head lol.

You’d think 25% of the board did hard time for murder.

On a side note I did just pick up a nice wood chipper. Not a damn tree on my property though!

Taboma

Reaction score
I mean I think that was a joke at first, cant even remember. But the shit I’ve seen people post about burying bodies etc just make me shake my head lol.

Don't think for a moment most all of us RDPers at one time or another haven't thought about it. :oops: 😂

Taboma

Reaction score
Exactly.
As one of my signature lines states, " We don't have to agree but we can stop being disagreeable".

It's one thing to have a dissenting opinion but that's not his style.
He simply wants to create chaos and unrest by pissing off as many as possible.
I'm not here for that. I don't find it entertaining.

It's simple, he's seeking the exact reactions he's receiving because he finds the attention, any attention gratifying.
Getting mad is a natural reaction when one realizes they're puppets. :mad:

Treat him and his posts as if he doesn't exist, regardless of the content and he will wither and fade away into well deserved obscurity. 👍

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Lol no to the view. But for shits and giggles I just put my iTunes on shuffle and the first songs up are sung by

Lil bow wow
Dixie chicks
Van Morrison
Chainsmokers
Chris Cagle
Linkin Park

I think the above attitude would be the death of this place.

Case and point 90% of this board can’t wait to put millennials on blast. But in the case of your buddy’s crash it was 2 millennials on scene first making sure everyone’s ok.

This board was filled with 30-40 year olds when I first came on here 10ish years ago. All posting weekend photos and talking about wild weekend stories. Lately it’s just a sounding board of politics and guys complaining.

I see it at the sandbar. Within 5 mins of talking to a complete stranger it’s always CA is a shit hole, fuck the liberals and TRUMP MAGA!!!!

I’m a conservative and will vote Trump. But I came to the sand bar to enjoy my friends/family and drink a few beers. You wanna talk boats I’m all ears.

And I realize as the general boating population gets older it’s only natural. But what’s the end goal? Talking about retirement homes? You gotta leave the door open for new blood.

I come here for the boating and custom content only. @GRADS puts up more photos of boats and chicks topless than I’d say 80% of this place.

I think the members who blast millennials are blasting what they perceive to be a millennial attitude, not an age.
Do the right thing, strive to be a decent person and yes, post pics of boats and boobs.

Still, in the end there needs to be a balance. Everyone gets a second or third chance because we say or do things in haste. He has been tossed and reinstated more times than a person can count.
That alone is a testament to his attitude.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
@GRADS puts up more photos of boats and chicks topless than I’d say 80% of this place.

Giving someone a pass because of that is like giving a murderer his freedom because he contributes to a food bank.

Any site has to be about respect, not just content. Otherwise, who wants to go somewhere where they aren't respected, online or in person? You mention "just words"...but not everyone has your ability to not take it personally.

Back in the day, the winter drama would sometimes set in, as everyone was itching to get back on the water, and the content was thin. But we still respected each other and treated each other accordingly. Even if you thought some drama, you didn't post it (just like in real life you keep your mouth closed).

The internet does not give you the right to be a douche, it just enables it.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
It's simple, he's seeking the exact reactions he's receiving because he finds the attention, any attention gratifying.
Getting mad is a natural reaction when one realizes they're puppets. :mad:

Treat him and his posts as if he doesn't exist, regardless of the content and he will wither and fade away into well deserved obscurity. 👍

I've said the same thing many times.
He's fishing so don't take the bait and he fails.

It's still true but why do we need to deal with it?
He didn't piss me off until he called me a liar. I have too many years behind me and enough dollars under my mattress that I don't need to lie about anything. My word is solid.

This isn't a once or twice deal with him. It's simply who he is.

We all pick and choose who we surround ourselves with and when one person over and over proves to be a douche, we stop inviting them to the party.

4Waters

Reaction score

I can't confirm nor deny those allegations 😐🤣🤣😐

EPL

Reaction score

Dave likes the bottom line he brings !!

HaviGirlie

Reaction score
First off very happy they are ok. I have always wanted to run next to him. My Orion bottom is based off his. Just widened and length added. But all other features identical I believe. What size motor does he have? Hope to get a chance next season to run with him.

It's a 502. He will be down to run with you!...but it won't be in this boat 🤕

oldschool

Reaction score
Glad to hear that everyone came through this “OK”, could have been so much worse. Good friends are good to have.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Same here:
Hot Boat around 2001, then here
I share the same sentiments.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

It is a for profit forum. Activity breeds activity. Positive or negative, the activity sells advertising. Grads posting here is akin to the clickbait title on a CNN story. That is why he does not go away.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Thanks for response. Bummer boat is not fixable by the sound of it.

How bad is the boat, is there structural damage to the hull?

Give it a couple of weeks and that might change.
The emotions are still strong.😬

Anything is fixable and I didn't see any major damage at all.
It really comes down to the desire to fix or not and the economics of doing so.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
It is a for profit forum. Activity breeds activity. Positive or negative, the activity sells advertising. Grads posting here is akin to the clickbait title on a CNN story. That is why he does not go away.

And that right there is how the masses, if they choose to, control a certain amount of what goes on here.
When "He Who is a Tool" (I'm done using his screen name) becomes a greater liability than an asset, changes get made.
It simply takes a unified front to get it done.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
And that right there is how the masses, if they choose to, control a certain amount of what goes on here.
When "He Who is a Tool" (I'm done using his screen name) becomes a greater liability than an asset, changes get made.
It simply takes a unified front to get it done.

Either that or talking shit about the friends of management seems to swing the perma-ban hammer down hard and fast.

But yes, if the top 20-25 posters here went on strike, things would slow down pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.