WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I am not understanding your point?? Do you want to silence him from the site?

No I don’t care if he stays or goes. He does not really bother me.

My point was that it was not a “cancel culture” action. The guy just annoys many people via his actions and some would rather have him gone. They view him as the BLM protesters screaming at you while you try to eat and enjoy your dinner at a restaurant on the sidewalk. :)

No one wants to destroy his life, threaten his safety, or boycott RDP for allowing him to stay. Well there are a few boycotters.. but that isn’t the norm. That would be more akin to “Cancel culture”.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
No I don’t care if he stays or goes.

My point was that it was not a “cancel culture” action. The guy just annoys many people via his actions and some would rather have him gone. No one wants to destroy his life, threaten his safety, or boycott RDP for allowing him to stay. Well there are a few boycotters.. but that isn’t the norm.
Yeah...that would be ridiculous. Cancel culture is just that...a ban.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Can we get some hot boat boobs or something?

by the way how are guys doing that flipped the boat that started this shit show?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I’m another member who really doesn’t understand the hate for GRADS, and don’t see the need for him to be kicked. Love or hate him, he brings views to the site.

Seeing grown ass men gossiping and talking shit about his posts and fucking him up when they see him in person make me laugh and shake my head. Lots of tough talk and no results. GRADS could come to havasu and not get touched, too many keyboard cowboys out there.

The IGNORE feature works well people!! I have several people on ignore (including GRADS!). Instead of getting your panties in a wad about a single poster and ruining multiple threads because of thin skin,
How about IGNORING the poster who upsets you!!!

Bunch of grown ass men talking tough and flexing about someone they don’t like. It’s the goddamn internet. Grow some skin, and a pair of balls, and quit whining about members who have a different opinion then you do!!

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
I’m another member who really doesn’t understand the hate for GRADS, and don’t see the need for him to be kicked. Love or hate him, he brings views to the site.

Seeing grown ass men gossiping and talking shit about his posts and fucking him up when they see him in person make me laugh and shake my head. Lots of tough talk and no results. GRADS could come to havasu and not get touched, too many keyboard cowboys out there.

The IGNORE feature works well people!! I have several people on ignore (including GRADS!). Instead of getting your panties in a wad about a single poster and ruining multiple threads because of thin skin,
How about IGNORING the poster who upsets you!!!

Bunch of grown ass men talking tough and flexing about someone they don’t like. It’s the goddamn internet. Grow some skin, and a pair of balls, and quit whining about members who have a different opinion then you do!!
Im curious...how old are you?

hallett21

Reaction score
DC37B5A3-732A-483E-A5B1-78D656B9832B-1239-000000A9C7D95FA5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Im curious...how old are you?

I’m 38. I don’t give a shit what anyone posts on RDP. I don’t agree with a lot of it, but the shit I don’t agree with I ignore. Yes I have GRADS on ignore, but IMO anyone who has enough of a problem to want to leave RDP because of his posts can leave and never come back, and probably needs some counseling. Jesus Christ it’s okay for others to have opposing views and feelings.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
I’m 38. I don’t give a shit what anyone posts on RDP. I don’t agree with a lot of it, but the shit I don’t agree with I ignore. Yes I have GRADS on ignore, but IMO anyone who has enough of a problem to want to leave RDP because of his posts can leave and never come back, and probably needs some counseling. Jesus Christ it’s okay for others to have opposing views and feelings.
I just had you pinned for and older wiser person

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Let me say it...eat a butthole soaked silicone dildo Grads. You libtard, shit stirring, nor cal dick wad. Fags have rights...cucks have none.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Lol no to the view. But for shits and giggles I just put my iTunes on shuffle and the first songs up are sung by

Lil bow wow
Dixie chicks
Van Morrison
Chainsmokers
Chris Cagle
Linkin Park

I think the above attitude would be the death of this place.

Case and point 90% of this board can’t wait to put millennials on blast. But in the case of your buddy’s crash it was 2 millennials on scene first making sure everyone’s ok.

This board was filled with 30-40 year olds when I first came on here 10ish years ago. All posting weekend photos and talking about wild weekend stories. Lately it’s just a sounding board of politics and guys complaining.

I see it at the sandbar. Within 5 mins of talking to a complete stranger it’s always CA is a shit hole, fuck the liberals and TRUMP MAGA!!!!

I’m a conservative and will vote Trump. But I came to the sand bar to enjoy my friends/family and drink a few beers. You wanna talk boats I’m all ears.

And I realize as the general boating population gets older it’s only natural. But what’s the end goal? Talking about retirement homes? You gotta leave the door open for new blood.

I come here for the boating and custom content only. @GRADS puts up more photos of boats and chicks topless than I’d say 80% of this place.

No shit on the sandbar part. When you try to change the subject the yacker goes and finds some other victim. I get more peace and entertainment drinking a beer and staring at rocks.

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Wow. This is insane. Grads makes a comment that allot of people were thinking and it turns into this? I think people just jump on the hate Grads train.

His comments are no worse than allot of what is said on RDP. Has anyone been to the dungeon? I’m mean really I thought we were grown ass men.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Ha Ha. The “older wiser” inmates are the ones doing the most complaining..:p
Not all older some of older know how to weed through what we don’t want to read and try to play Mr Badass when in reality if they saw grads in public they would not smack him in the mouth. What does it accomplish getting someone banned because you don’t like what he says this is not the first grade grow up !

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Not all older some of older know how to weed through what we don’t want to read and try to play Mr Badass when in reality if they saw grads in public they would not smack him in the mouth. What does it accomplish getting someone banned because you don’t like what he says this is not the first grade grow up !

Right. Sometimes it’s sounds like jr high girls bitching at recess.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Wow. This is insane. Grads makes a comment that allot of people were thinking and it turns into this? I think people just jump on the hate Grads train.

His comments are no worse than allot of what is said on RDP. Has anyone been to the dungeon? I’m mean really I thought we were grown ass men.

What might more likely be considered insane is you thinking this is the result of him making A comment.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Idk how you guys let one guy on the internet get you in such a fluster. Or why you would ever get into a physical altercation over something said on the Internet. It’s literally just words

Picking and choosing battles. Every day I observe and question why people pick the battle they have chosen. On the internet and in real life. This place needs a group hug.

As far as certain people or person chasing off people from forums, life changes over time. Hobbies, families, trends, finances, personal life, are things that have people move on.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Ah man...it bugs me to read your response. Environment? Bully? What would our grandfathers think? He is a libtard. I want him to spew...all of it! Let it rip. Some will be interesting... some ridiculous. Speak up Grads

I'm not sure you understand- I really don't care about his libtard views...or spewing his opinion. I've never said ban him for that, or even for this thread.

But I'm with Lunatic Fringe. If my friend just got pitched out of his boat, and is sitting in the hospital, and someone (anyone) comes up to me and starts questioning why he left the scene, etc? I'd knock the fucker out. Would our grandfather's be ok with me knocking a fucker out?

Instead, like a coward, he spews behind a keyboard. So, for his own health, he get sent to banned camp. Wasn't my call, but it sounds like alot of people felt the same way.

If GRADS wants to speak up to me, I'll drive up and meet him. Maybe I'll do the Big Cat Poker Run next year.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
First off, about 5 pages back, a pic was posted of the two occupants of the boat...you know, from the accident...banged up, but on their feet. Maybe with a little help from crutches, but hell, pretty good. Some of ya'll may have missed that tidbit in the ensuing shitshow.
That info was shared by an inmate...also I believe the drivers daughter...could be mistaken though.

Secondly, who really gives two fvks about what any one person "says" on the net?
Life goes on...at least it does for some. Yesterday a couple died in Parker. The end, final ride into the sunset. The two guys in this Renegade got their bells rung, and tossed like ragdolls, but stuff could've been so much worse. Yet there are 3-5 pages about "Fuck GRADS". Perspective is an interesting thing.

Thirdly, on the girl pic rankings...the water skier, that there is art in motion. 👍👍
Other girl pics were good, but that one is blue ribbon stuff right there!

That is all. Please return to your previously scheduled typing.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
What might more likely be considered insane is you thinking this is the result of him making A comment.

I totally get that this is personal to you and I’m glad your friends/ family is good. That’s what matters.

But I gotta be real , I don’t see grads posts as out of line, most of the time. Other dudes talk allot shit on here especially in the dungeon but they don’t get banned? I think people just Jump on the hate grads train. Not saying you, just in general. It’s kinda human nature if you think about it.

I think grads post is what other people were thinking but it’s Grads so ya know. Also if you don’t like were a thread is going you could ask RD to delete it if it’s personal to you. I posted a thread and thought twice about it and texted RD to delete it and it was done.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I want to be VERY clear with this.
He deleted posts/comments in this thread. What you all are seeing now is NOT what got me worked up.
He took one of my posts about what I did after the accident, quoted it, re-wrote it in his words and then said "I call bullshit".
He straight up called me a liar.
He later deleted that one when the daughter of the driver asked him to.
He knew full well how pissed i was about his post and also quickly knew he was wrong in his thinking yet never made any attempt to apologize.

That's when the tide turned for me. That's when i felt it was time to have a community discussion about whether he was a greater asset or a greater detraction to the value/enjoyment of the forums.

Reddy Too

Reaction score
So much for the 1st Amendment the masses have spoken.

PS I apologize if my words offen.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
So much for the 1st Amendment the masses have spoken.

PS I apologize if my words offen.

You don't need to apologize for ignorance.
If you think this is a first amendment violation then your ignorant.
That's fixable.
If your neighbor comes into your living room, sits down on your couch and starts cursing your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, hamster, whatever... You have the right to ask them to leave.
That's not a violation of their first amendment rights.

He was here at the discretion of the owner of the site.
He can still have a voice elsewhere.

rcmike

Reaction score
Thirdly, on the girl pic rankings...the water skier, that there is art in motion. 👍👍
Other girl pics were good, but that one is blue ribbon stuff right there!
Pretty sure she is behind a roll bar boat. That might change some minds..

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Ok I'm going to try and address this as best as I can one by one..

It's an interesting point that you bring up, and while I agree with some of it, I don't agree with all of it. I don't necessarily think he is always "throwing grenades" metaphorically for the intention of causing Chaos...

If you go read this thread again (which I just did, and yes I can see the deleted posts) it is the description of what happened by a key witness @hallett21 that brings up the idea that something is "off" with the situation. When I read it, I was sure thinking it. The difference between Grads and myself is I didn't say it.

But when someone says that a boat flips.. People are picked up out of the boat, and multiple people are telling these people "don't call 911" then what is someone supposed to think?

Grads bit, said "Drunk" then later said "He smelled BS" with regard to saving a motor.. Basically he just showed that he knows nothing about engines and the fact that if they are "pickled" as it were that they can in fact be brought back to life relatively easily, compared to doing nothing where it's all gonna go to shit in short order.

That said though, looking at this situation only (not the overall) it doesn't read like to me that he's the one that caused the unrest, but rather responded to something that was definitely "leading" with regard to "don't call 911" mentioned in at least 2 posts, and referenced to two boats.. The one that picked the people up (don't call 911) and the conquest or wife of the operator who according to @hallett21 was told multiple times (according to him) don't call 911.

WTF would any reasonable person think?

Now @Lunatic Fringe comes in and says "that's not the case". Believe me I totally get it because I have seen and been involved in enough things where you know things behind the scenes that are completely different than they are on the surface, but you are inclined not to say anything because it doesn't need to be public knowledge..

I guess what I'm saying here is if you read the first page, and look virtually everyone is saying "something isn't adding up here" because of the implied description given by the person that stayed with the boat @hallett21.

Grads is singled because he said the second thing saying he smells BS. (more to come on that).

I agree it is kind of a bizarre way to go through life and I'm not sure it's the way I would want to live..

I take the opposite approach to that.. I can't think of a single time that it isn't the drivers fault, unless there is some major mechanical failure.

I find it strange that a bunch of conservatives that are always proponents of the 1st and 2nd ammendments are so quick to silence someone with a dissenting view. I'll be clear he does nothing to add to the bottom line of rdp. If anything it detracts, but I do try to live by the principals that I preach.

I am curious, since we have already gone down the rabbit whole of "he must have" with regard to the alcohol / boat thing.. What do you think someone could possibly have on me, that you would think it would affect my decisions to allow someone to post or not? LOL. What did I kill someone in Nor Cal and Grads knows where the body is?

And here we learn something from a Millenial..

When I was a kid it was sticks and stones, but never words. I for the life of me can't understand how this guy gets under everyones skin so quick either? Especially when I read the individual texts, it isn't like he's that out of line (at least not in this case? again maybe not overall).

And it's something we are reigning in, by adding more and more boating content daily.. Stupid shit like this does detract from the amount of time I have to do that though. However compared to the rest of the internet, with such sites like IG and FB going on I would say we are LIGHTYEARS AHEAD on the civility front. I read shit on FB that literally makes me scratch my head wondering how these people tie their shoes let alone use a computer.. and civility is completely lost on that platform.

On to Part 2.

RD
Thank you for the response. I agree with the 1st and 2nd amendments, however that is so the government does not restrict. As you know a private business can and does restrict those amendments. If it is because of the 1st amendment that you still allow him here, then why ban him at all?

As I said, I have him on ignore, so it really doesn’t matter. I probably shouldn’t have even commented on it. Was just tired of seeing once again a debate about him. He isn’t worth it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I had him on ignore from about 9 months ago. He finally crossed the line with me back then. Its the repetitive nature that is the problem for me. Not the one time thing. This isnt about amendments or high school behavior. He is not able to to socialize in a group setting. Maybe his not working and contributing productively in normal life is where he fails. Maybe he needs meds, seriously.
Regardless, Bye.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Since we are full blown on "RDP" as the subject now.. My biggest "want" or if I could change anything to the site.. It wouldn't be Grads.

It would be to get more members posting up more pics of their weekends on here. Honestly from a tech point of view it really isn't all that different from FB, but I have watched some of the membership migrate to posting pics more on their personal FB's and even other group pages, and move away from here. Of course that's on a personal level, some members like KnotonDuty etc.. General overall growth of the site is up consistently so I'm not concerned from a biz perspective.

We are running the best software to make that as easy as possible, and have even added video to the mix (granted it does buffer on initial playback unless you have lightning speed.. I'm working on that).

The second thing I'd want to change is someone posting something up, and someone immediately saying something negative. It makes me want to punch myself in the nuts when some asshole does that.

RD
x2 more weekend fun pics. boating, off-roading, motorcycles. parties!

Status
Not open for further replies.