WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat fire in Bluewater Lagoon

Bodhizafa

Reaction score
Boat on fire in Bluewater Lagoon. Too bad the fire and rescue forgot to put his plug in!

Bodhizafa

Reaction score
20190614_143943.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
Might need to revisit parking 101... :eek:
Hope no one was injured.

sirbob

Reaction score
Is the an official fire and rescue boat?

I see the red and blue lights on top bu the rest of ht boat dent match what I would expect to see?

Jetboatjosh

Reaction score
Not a good day on the strip hope everyone is ok, boats can be replaced

grumpy88

Reaction score
Nicely done ! I wonder how they managed to dam near sink the rescue boat ?

HCP3

Reaction score
I heard the fire pump on it broke and filled the boat in a hurry
That would certainly do it.

They were smart putting it up on the reeds while they could.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I text troy (buckskins chief) about it, he said he would tell me more about when he gets home

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
The pump line broke on the Conquest. Just drove by them last weekend and my buddy and I both commented wonder how many hours that boat has now.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Last i heard, troy was in the process of getting bids for a new boat. Last i heard he was looking at aluminum jet boats

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

yz450mm

Reaction score
Red PTO fire pump on the right, Chrome 2 & 1/2 in discharge fittings in the middle, separated female coupling to rubber discharge line on the left.

Figure it's probably a 1000 GPM pump, but only pushing 750 through a single deuce and a half (minimal friction loss), after It popped they might have shut it down after 30 seconds.

So it pumps 375 gallons into the Hull, plus 600 lb of firefighters, plus 600 lb of equipment, leads to oh shit get to the shore.

Some of the comments on Facebook about this are fucking ridiculous, people just can't help themselves but to comment about stupid shit like not putting the plug in. The fire department themselves said that they never take the plug out, but I guess people have to run their mouths to make themselves feel better.

Screenshot_20190615-021108_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

HSR

Reaction score
Red PTO fire pump on the right, Chrome 2 & 1/2 in discharge fittings in the middle, separated female coupling to rubber discharge line on the left.

Figure it's probably a 1000 GPM pump, but only pushing 750 through a single deuce and a half (minimal friction loss), after It popped they might have shut it down after 30 seconds.

So it pumps 375 gallons into the Hull, plus 600 lb of firefighters, plus 600 lb of equipment, leads to oh shit get to the shore.

Some of the comments on Facebook about this are fucking ridiculous, people just can't help themselves but to comment about stupid shit like not putting the

Assuming it was 375 gallons, at 8.4 lbs per gallon that’s 3,150 lbs of water. Not to mention that boat is loaded heavy to begin with. There is always a few sets of dive gear on it, probably 500 to 1000lbs of medical gear, etc.

I’ve known the two firefighters that were on the boat for along time. They are probably the two best in the department, and would be the ones I would want to show up if it was my life on the line(they actually had saved my dad a time or two). I’ve been boating with one of them since we were in high school. I have no doubt that their experience saved the boat from worse, and many others wouldn’t have got the boat to the shore.

For a small town, Buckskin is a very good department, and the new chief is doing a great job so far. I hope they don’t catch too much crap with the public over this.

Bodhizafa

Reaction score

Some of the comments on Facebook about this are fucking ridiculous, people just can't help themselves but to comment about stupid shit like not putting the plug in. The fire department themselves said that they never take the plug out, but I guess people have to run their mouths to make themselves feel better.

View attachment 764503

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You're right. It's ridiculous that people are assuming a sinking boat on the river may have been due to a forgotten plug. Of course it was the fittings on PTO discharge line. Those ignorant bastards.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Due to a missing hydraulic loop in the bilge pump discharge line, my buddy's new Conquest once filled and sank next to our houseboat while beached at a Cove near West Canyon on Powell. No panic, a tow back to Wahweap with the houseboat and a whole lot of work, he had that boat running in less than 24 hours. Then we completed another amazing week on Powell.