Reaction score
No further information.

254830061_5082698335078039_759219044672677126_n.jpg

253725115_5082698325078040_4155906712549405278_n.jpg

255941933_5082698315078041_2045876245099587529_n.jpg

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
seeing lots of videos and pics on FB. Boat looks to be a total loss. I read no one on the boat or and serious injuries. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Xring01

Reaction score
A boat anchored…

No one near by….

A loud explosion….

It may be safe to assume the engine wasnt running… If thats the case…

Sounding a bit fishy to me…

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Best to all involved….

grumpy88

Reaction score
Thats terrible . I hope the both fully recover .

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
We were told man & woman on board, he just put $60 fuel in and he was blown out & burned but would be ok. Maybe she was in store or on dock? Phones, wallets, money all on boat.

Just what we heard from lady @ River Land, not sure how accurate.

Add ~ didn’t hear any helo

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I just got an update. Two persons on board. Had just fueled up. Female not hurt badly, male burned and life-flighted direct to Phoenix.***

***UNCONFIRMED***

That is interesting, never saw an ambulance or any medical response at Riverland. Sat across the river for probably an hour where the above photos were taken.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
We passed the ambulance when we were heading home. They were the last ones there, that’s for sure.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Does that buckskin boat stay in the water? Or is it launched if there’s a call?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
That is interesting, never saw an ambulance or any medical response at Riverland. Sat across the river for probably an hour where the above photos were taken.
I heard the ambulance took 40 or more minutes to get there. I had also heard that he was either thrown from the boat by the force of the explosion, or jumped. Just was I saw posted, I know people may not always have the facts when they post.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I heard the ambulance took 40 or more minutes to get there. I had also heard that he was either thrown from the boat by the force of the explosion, or jumped. Just was I saw posted, I know people may not always have the facts when they post.

That would make sense, we all figured someone had to turn the key. Hope he was thrown clear, it was very violent.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
That sucks! Fueling on the water always scares the s out of me! I always send the wife and kids to the store to get a treat while I fuel up then only let them back on the boat after it’s running. Sucks someone’s day got ruined hopefully everyone ends up ok!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Ambulance in parker is under staffed and over worked. I have friend that quit 24 on 24 off was killing him.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I've only bought dock fuel once. and that was after towing a broke down POS flat 20 miles.......

other than that, I bring my own fuel in jugs...... I've never had an issue..... maybe I', just "that" good at pouring gas. lmao.

wish the affected only the best.........

DWC

Reaction score
That sucks! Fueling on the water always scares the s out of me! I always send the wife and kids to the store to get a treat while I fuel up then only let them back on the boat after it’s running. Sucks someone’s day got ruined hopefully everyone ends up ok!
I like it. Great idea. I filled up at pirates a few years ago. Ended up spilling a bit in the engine compartment. Took 20-30mins to clean up. Quite a few microfibers, some water and then boat cleaner.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Ambulance in parker is under staffed and over worked. I have friend that quit 24 on 24 off was killing him.

The problem is they're based out of Lake Havasu, with a small satellite facility here in Parker. This time of year when you have snowbirds pouring in to both areas, not to mention Quartzsite, Salome/Wenden, Ehrebnberg/Cibola, and all the ones out in the middle of nowhere, the 3 or 4 rigs they have on duty for both cities/regions is insufficient to serve the populace.

Sometimes you'll see one single wagon hanging out at Bill Williams to cover Havasu and Parker at the same time.

azsunfun

Reaction score
The problem is they're based out of Lake Havasu, with a small satellite facility here in Parker. This time of year when you have snowbirds pouring in to both areas, not to mention Quartzsite, Salome/Wenden, Ehrebnberg/Cibola, and all the ones out in the middle of nowhere, the 3 or 4 rigs they have on duty for both cities/regions is insufficient to serve the populace.

Sometimes you'll see one single wagon hanging out at Bill Williams to cover Havasu and Parker at the same time.
to touch on your point some rural communities are generally, locally able to handle a emergency, sometimes other priorities take presidence, i live where no satalite leo are available within 40 minutes dependending on incident, major auto accident dps maybe 35 minutes, we choose where we live. hope everyone ok!

EarpRider

Reaction score
I've only bought dock fuel once. and that was after towing a broke down POS flat 20 miles.......

other than that, I bring my own fuel in jugs...... I've never had an issue..... maybe I', just "that" good at pouring gas. lmao.

wish the affected only the best.........Fuel pum
Fuel pump or fuel jugs that's irrelevant, you still need a bad source that's causes the boat to
ignite.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Is the second picture the actual explosion after the fueling or another explosion after it was burning?

No photos of actual explosion, and no second explosion. Those photos are a couple minutes after initial explosion. There was a huge black cloud of smoke from initial explosion that could be seen for a few miles. It was so violent that my wife was in the parking lot at Safeway in town, and called me to see what blew up.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I hope everyone is ok, these freak accidents scare the shit out of me.

Its a piece of mind having a gay outboard after seeing all these explosions recently.

Reaction score
Speaking of fueling and boat fire, under some conditions you can get a static electricity spark when the gas pump nozzle hits the boat fill. maybe possible in a dry climate...which would be a freak accident.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Must not have a jet boat. LOL went to Bullhead last year and had to pull the damn boat after one day to go get gas because they don't have gas on the water. The rest of my life we have filled up on the water,