WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BOAT GARAGE AND RVPORT! NOT THE SAME COLOR WHAT TO DO NOW?

Riverryder

Reaction score
We ordered a garage for the boat and a RV carport in July of last year was told 6 weeks, well 6 months later they finally came!!!

The guys finished the install yesterday. When i got home yesterday i noticed that aren't the same color. Pewter is what we ordered, but they are 2 different shades. I asked the installers, they said that they got the building from 2 different locations and didn't realize they were going to the same location until they arrived at my house.
The company we ordered them from wants me to get over the fact that they are different colors and pay them.

The options they gave me
1. 2k off and change gable(front) to match the smaller one.
2. take them down and refund me the deposit. not an option they anchored them to the concrete not going to let them ruin the concrete.

my request was
5k off as that's what they up charged us, once we got the engineer plans.

im willing to fight the fight and go to court if that's what needs to be done. My other half doesn't want to fight and just take the 2k discount.
company is based out of salt lake.

what would you guys do?

98AC92EC-152E-48D9-A4B8-3D050648B1D5.jpeg

material from the garage against the carport for comparison

07B480B5-1D13-4A0F-9FA2-BBF449FEE39A.jpeg
4E739609-6EEE-4B00-A53B-19B76026DE67.jpeg

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It'd probably cost them less to remove than the 5k you want and with the backlog of materials I'd bet it wouldn't take a day to find it a new home for them.
Figure out a compromise between the numbers you can live with would be my tactic....unless the color difference will drive you 5150.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
just added them
I would be interested in knowing the names of the two companies the buildings came from, since the panels seem to match mine. One of my engine customers hit mine over two years ago and has not been able to find the right color match to replace the panel. He keeps bringing color samples and seems each company has different type panels and colors. The local company that sold mine is out of business, and any labels inside the panels are covered by drywall and insulation, so no idea where to start looking.

In your case, possibly color match the front of the building on the right to the one on the left, I guess that was one of their options?

Riverryder

Reaction score
@STV_Keith heres more pictures. yes option one is easier so i can finish the front of the house and take the red gate down.

@obnoxious001 the installers are from salt lake i can ask them if you would like. wouldnt recommend them to my enemy.

@Ziggy they arent coming down.

D05DA95E-BD88-44A5-8735-D3F1CD9F448F.jpeg
B46C6914-3D71-4B3C-A487-D5D4D53ED7F5.jpeg

EmpirE231

Reaction score
very close in color, and after a year in the sun, they will most likely match. I wouldn't fight it too hard... get as much back as you can without having to go to court or get crazy.

Baja 252

Reaction score
The sun makes it look like the front of the new one is darker than the sides. I'd take option 1, but I'd leave the new one alone and change the front color of the old one to the dark color of the new one.

racektm

Reaction score
I'll be honest, the colors are very similar with the exception of the gable end on the larger building. Option 1, call it a day.

Riverryder

Reaction score
The sun makes it look like the front of the new one is darker than the sides. I'd take option 1, but I'd leave the new one alone and change the front color of the old one to the dark color of the new one.
they are both brand new. i think if i have them change the gable on the big one to match the smaller one it would look funny?
like others said the color is close it just is driving me crazy that they arent the same.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@STV_Keith heres more pictures. yes option one is easier so i can finish the front of the house and take the red gate down.

@obnoxious001 the installers are from salt lake i can ask them if you would like. wouldnt recommend them to my enemy.

@Ziggy they arent coming down.

View attachment 1084526 View attachment 1084527
I personally would opt for the stressless route.........and...
Happy wife, happy life.😊
A few thousand bucks not worth the stress/time & unknown outcome, if it were more $ then maybe.

STV_Keith

Reaction score

Based on the latest pictures, I can't see a difference in the sides, just the gable end. It's so close if anyone THINKS there's a difference, lighting will make enough difference that even if they were a match, they would look slightly different. As other said, after some UV exposure, you won't be able to tell.

I'd still go with option 1.

Nordie

Reaction score
Have them replace the gable, let the sun do the rest. A couple summers and you'll probably never tell the difference.

DLC

Reaction score
Are you going to keep the fence up or take it down?

if you remove fence tell then to fix the smaller unit AND credit back the 2 grand !

Boom done! Move on

Riverryder

Reaction score
@STV_Keith did you end up getting a cover for your rv? i remember you posting a thread about concrete in vegas. who did you go with if you did?

@Nordie im so resistant to change the gable. she wants them to but i feel like it might make it worse.

@DLC gate is coming down wanted to wait till they came to figure out gate.

Reactions: DLC

Nordie

Reaction score
@STV_Keith did you end up getting a cover for your rv? i remember you posting a thread about concrete in vegas. who did you go with if you did?

@Nordie im so resistant to change the gable. she wants them to but i feel like it might make it worse.

@DLC gate is coming down wanted to wait till they came to figure out gate.

Only thing that baffles me is why did they use 2 different manufacturers, it was never going to match. I have a guy here in Vegas that is a Nucor dealer if you want another opinion.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@HALLETT BOY they arent coming down. think i will be taking the money and having the fence done.
@Nordie this whole transaction with these people has baffled me!!

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Only thing that baffles me is why did they use 2 different manufacturers, it was never going to match. I have a guy here in Vegas that is a Nucor dealer if you want another opinion.
I'm assuming due to supply shortages? cost? Covid? who knows these days.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@EmpirE231 the guy that sold them to me has told me every time i talked to him that they are price gouging the fuck of new customers (covid pricing) and people dont care about the increased mark up on the material. the excuse i was given every time i asked what the delay was they material was stuck on the boat in california.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
@EmpirE231 the guy that sold them to me has told me every time i talked to him that they are price gouging the fuck of new customers (covid pricing) and people dont care about the increased mark up on the material. the excuse i was given every time i asked what the delay was they material was stuck on the boat in california.
Yep it's all games... I know a guy that is a higher up in a huge steel / metal company, and he said they are doing everything they can to keep prices up... as in they are limiting production to keep the "supply" low and prices high.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I would be pissed too but I would not even think of taking them down because of the time involved in replacements.
Do you know where they purchased them? Maybe you could buy more skins but use the same frames that way you have them up now and the skin swap would only take a day or so.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
First world problems.

That said, you did pay for a matching set.

I’d probably negotiate new fascia and $3,500 off.

they effed up and they know it. Bummer deal all the way around.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Javajoe my neighbor is jealous he paints cars for a living and as soon as he saw them he text me sayin we were maken him look poor haha. i live in vegas didnt want the 5th wheel in the sun. and the boat was in storage about 12 miles from my house so i was a pain in the ass if i needed to take it to the mechanic or do anythin to it.

Taboma

Reaction score
Option 1 and I’m glad you’re not my neighbor. Those are huge 😱
That's what I was thinking, Holy Shit 🤯 There goes the neighborhood 😭 ;) Paint in Polka Dots, don't think it matters. 🤣

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Do what the .Mrs said and take there offer. It’s not worth the lost time from work and all the stress over a few bucks. I can really even tell the difference.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@JeremyJoyce i have more then teased him about it but he is a big dude,like big big dude. he isnt taken them things down. he lets me use his flat trailer if i ever need it and his son takes care of my dogs if im not home. so if he wants lights im not maken a big deal about it.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
@JeremyJoyce i have more then teased him about it but he is a big dude,like big big dude. he isnt taken them things down. he lets me use his flat trailer if i ever need it and his son takes care of my dogs if im not home. so if he wants lights im not maken a big deal about it.
Just made me laugh when I read the comment about making him look poor and the Christmas lights are up still. I would take a good neighbor with year round lights over an asshole neighbor with a perfect yard any day.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Do what the .Mrs said and take there offer. It’s not worth the lost time from work and all the stress over a few bucks. I can really even tell the difference.

The "Stress" along with everything in Life👎 I believe if you do not point it out, it will never be noticed".

2Driver

Reaction score
I think they look fine, I’d be working on the red fence in front.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
@JeremyJoyce i surprised it toke so long for someone to say anythin about them haha.

@Looking Glass just sucks that we went thru so much shit to get these things and we have to settle. they sent over the new invoice so we are just gonna do the 2k and move on from it.

Just a suggestion!!. The Plus side makes the project less expensive, enjoy them. IMO, they look great.

grumpy88

Reaction score
If you dont mind were you able to permit them that close to the property line ? I want one built soon too .

Riverryder

Reaction score
@grumpy88 i live in north las vegas didnt need a permit. north las vegas only requires permits if your adding more the 600 sqft to your house.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Take the 2k,or send it down to the RDP Dungeon and have REGOR handle.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Give it a couple years...the sun will blend it in or ya just won't care....unless you're ADHD.