WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Insurance Go To

johnner58

Reaction score
I know it has been posted before but I need recommendations for boat insurers, been with Markel for 12 years and they just jacked up the renewal 30%:(

Thanks in advance!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Nick Rose, Brad Stern or Wozencraft...

All are performance boat guys.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Progressive treated me unbelievably well.
My Suntracker got run in to while tied up at Havasu marina, big dent and a hole in the pontoon. Pulled it out of the water, found a little shop in town to weld the hole up. Went boating, called the insurance co. They ended up totaling the boat, sent me a check for 70% of what I had paid for it new about 8 years before. Let me retain the salvage for $750. Went boating another few years just the way it was and then sold it for $9500.
Sorry for long story, couldn't have treated me any better!

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
I have recently talked with all of these folks listed and they are all solid choices. My rates went up this year from $400 range to close to $700. Each person I spoke with told me that same thing about the rate increases. Less companies taking on boat policies and high recent claims. I ended up staying with my current company as the prices quoted by others was the same.

johnner58

Reaction score
Learned a lil more today....... since my boat is ten years old two insurance companies I contacted said I would have to get a survey done .
Starting price for a survey $600-$700, guess I'll renew with my current provider:(