WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Insurance Question

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Dumped a bunch of $$$$ into my boat and want to up the insurance value. Current policy is based upon stated value. Underwriter is looking for proof of the boats worth (which we all know is subjective)

So........do I need a Marine Surveyor or is there a specialized marine appraiser (not NADA). And can anyone recommend such a person in Southern California, Arizona, or Nevada?

Thanks

Daudioexpert

Reaction score
Dumped a bunch of $$$$ into my boat and want to up the insurance value. Current policy is based upon stated value. Underwriter is looking for proof of the boats worth (which we all know is subjective)

So........do I need a Marine Surveyor or is there a specialized marine appraiser (not NADA). And can anyone recommend such a person in Southern California, Arizona, or Nevada?

Thanks

Provide documents showing the recent upgrades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FCT

Reaction score
I’m currently in the same situation. My insurance is for a fraction of what I have into it now. My problem is I don’t have receipts for much of anything because it was all cash under the table. Info for appraisers would be appreciated from me as well.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
3215 S. Tenaya Way Las Vegas, NV 89117 Ofc (702) 274-7770 Cell (702) 274-7780 [email protected]
James Lang

I second this, had to get marine survey on the conquest. Jim’s pretty knowledgeable. Value ended up where I needed it to be. And was willing to review engine build etc for higher value if I needed.

Upgrades are subjective. Interior, gel repairs, trailer etc... are all expected to be nice on agreed value. Finally fixing something it’s needed for years doesn’t particularly increase value. :D

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
I second this, had to get marine survey on the conquest. Jim’s pretty knowledgeable. Value ended up where I needed it to be. And was willing to review engine build etc for higher value if I needed.

Upgrades are subjective. Interior, gel repairs, trailer etc... are all expected to be nice on agreed value. Finally fixing something it’s needed for years doesn’t particularly increase value. :D

Subjective is an understatement, :D. My current policy is based upon stated value, which I did when I purchased the boat a few years ago. However, now that I've made a lot of upgrades and improvements (and I'm not done) god forbid anything were to happen, I just want to cry a little less. :D

Deltarat

Reaction score
I'm in the exact same position, anyone one know of a resource to reach out to in the Northern California area?