WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Insurance

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Call Wozencraft...whoever you get will take care of you.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
All you SF peeps best not be insuring a cat of any kind. Performance, deck, sport, etc..... They DO NOT cover them, regardless of what your agent tells you. In the event of an accident, you won't be covered. Just sayin.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
All you SF peeps best not be insuring a cat of any kind. Performance, deck, sport, etc..... They DO NOT cover them, regardless of what your agent tells you. In the event of an accident, you won't be covered. Just sayin.
What’s an sf peep ?

Singleton

Reaction score

Not true. I have documents from SF Corp (SVP of underwriting lives in the same neighborhood as my dad) that SF Havasu has ability to write west coast deckboats under 500hp.

glamis0812

Reaction score
Not true. I have documents from SF Corp (SVP of underwriting lives in the same neighborhood as my dad) that SF Havasu has ability to write west coast deckboats under 500hp.

There’s also a speed cut off

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
Who on the boards sells Foremost boat insurance ?

Can’t answer your question but that’s who does my Schiada, dads bass boat and his mini day as well. We have an outfit in fresno that covers everything we own under a farm plan.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Crap... I better call my client and tell him to give back his 10k claim check for his Magic cat! [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Guess I'm wrong, and shouldn't have accepted the refund check for my Daytona that they insured for a year then later found out it was a no go......

Singleton

Reaction score
Guess I'm wrong, and shouldn't have accepted the refund check for my Daytona that they insured for a year then later found out it was a no go......

Has to be a deckboat. An Eliminator Fun Deck can be written, a Daytona can’t is what I was told. Then hp and max speed calculations are considered.

WildHorses24

Reaction score

My bad, a bit harsh, don’t know how your situation played out. My client doesn’t have a magic deck, it’s a scepter. Company isn’t hot on cats true but some can be written. ONLY time in 21 years I’ve seen the company reject claims is due fraud or the client lied (or agent staff) about material facts to pass underwriting. I don’t lie, if it’s approved it’s good... period. Sorry about your experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Where the fack has he been? Used to be a regular contributor to these boards, I'm not sure I've seen a post from him in 2019!?
His last activity was 1/28/19 boat show report thread, him and Dave got into it and he hasn’t been on since. I have texted him but no response

spectras only

Reaction score
Just got my renewal form from the broker I used insuring my Mirage since 2004, after I called them. I knew something they were up to since I haven't heard from them. So, she apologizing about the delay, and will be sending the renewal form. She assured me , I have my coverage extended but they have to get back to me after talking to their underwriters.:rolleyes:
Fuckers raised my policy 40%.:mad: I almost think they didn't want my business because keeping quiet. Have had a all risk insurance on agreed value, had only one claim back in 2005. I'll be calling around tomorrow and see if I can find someone else, because of their lack of communication up front in advance. Are you guys seeing an uptick in premiums as well?

Last edited:

farmo83

Reaction score
Do your homework as Progressive accepted wrote my boat, it was financed too so I had to have insurance to satisfy my loan. I paid a year up front, a week later( also 2 days before labor day weekend) I got a letter saying they wouldn't cover it and a refund check.

I used Andy for a while and like everyone else he wouldn't return my calls this year so I switched to Wozencraft. Couldn't be happier.

McKay

Reaction score
good luck, he never called me back after texting me twice saying he would. I ended up getting insurance with Geico and saving big $

Same here. Was trying to renew my policy with him he already had. Could not get a call back till close to my renewal date saying he would price up options. Gave him till the last day of the policy and called his competitor and they wrote me in about 20 minutes. Saved close to a grand.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
Same here. Was trying to renew my policy with him he already had. Could not get a call back till close to my renewal date saying he would price up options. Gave him till the last day of the policy and called his competitor and they wrote me in about 20 minutes. Saved close to a grand.
I did it myself, Wozencraft quoted me $2900 for a Hallett 270?! I got Geico for $668 LoL

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
US Boat underwrites for most policies.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
It sounds like someone's business is in decline......
One thing I know is that I pay a little more with my Farmers agent, the tradeoff is I get spot on service before, during, and after an event. That is worth something to me. In a business like insurance, there are basically two choices, the online style or the in person style. Part of what you pay for with the in person is service and knowledge. The online is generally cheaper. Which do you want? if you charge for one and basically provide the service of the other you will struggle.

Singleton

Reaction score
trying to still get andy to call me back at EP

Not the first I have heard of this. He has burned through a few insurance agencies in the past 10 years, and I can think of 3 or 4. He sold the first policy on my Ultra, then went MIA. Seems to occur more often in specificity focused insurance agencies.

Being a silent partner in my sisters aviation insurance brokerage, I know consolidation of underwriters has occurred. We only have 4-6 underwriters (was 8-10 two years ago). Less options equals higher rates. Just had a customers annual fees go from 250k to 480k on the renewal, due to limited competition to underwrite.

blue wonder

Reaction score

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
x100...Nikki is great and super fast at getting it done, she did my DCB Mach 22’ w/ twins no problem and at a extremely reasonable rate, she is farmers but deals with foremost as well

You are correct, I erroneously said State Farm in my previous post. I switched from State Farm to Farmers when I moved everything over to Nikki. We've got Farmers for home, auto, etc. and Foremost on the water/dirt toys.

Boatracer36

Reaction score
After our initial email, I never heard back from you. I ended up renewing with Foremost.

Hi Dan,

Sorry about the miss communication. When we emailed you had mentioned you were already with Foremost. I had asked what was your reason for shopping never heard back. Again sorry for the miss communication.

Brad

nowski

Reaction score
Scary thought. Lots of uninsured motorist on the road what percentage of uninsured boaters / lake lice are out there???

My guess 20%

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I also use Brad Stern. Have used him for close to 5 years I believe? Never any issues, always quick to respond, etc.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
I never have an issue with calling Andy Holthe, in fact just got off the phone with him, I will tell you he has been really busy with real estate in havasu, Andy is a standup guy and goes out of his way to make sure you have best coverage for your toys. Alot of you guys really need to look at your policy's that are significantly lower and make sure there are no loop holes or lesser coverage.