WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Lien Help

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
So my cousin has decided to sell their '76 Charger Jet boat, and she asked that I do it for her. (husband passed, it was his) They bought the boat new in '76, it's paid off, but the registration shows the original finance company as a lien holder, Thirftymart ECU. They are no longer around, sooo........ How can I get this lien off so that I can sell the boat for her? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kahunajuice

Reaction score
Go to the D. M. V. they will take care of the problem for you.

BajaMike

Reaction score
If you are a member or AAA they will help you with it.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
So what hapens if 'somebody' signs the title on the Thriiftymart line? (wink, wink, wink)

boatsntoys

Reaction score
So what hapens if 'somebody' signs the title on the Thriiftymart line? (wink, wink, wink)

As long as he has the title (pink slip) in hand, that's fine many times the bank does not send the pink or it's lost. If the bank did send the pink, then it's most likely signed. Sounds like he does not have or can't find the pink.

Without the pink in hand, you will need a notarized lien satisfied. If you have the pink notarizing is not necessary

If it is truly paid off and there is no fraud intended. Just get the lien satisfied form. Write the banks name on it and get your own signature notarized. This is not illegal. They need intent to defraud for it to be illegal
Same as forgery. Forgery is not illegal. Forgery with intent to defraud is. The reason for notarization is so they have someone to pin it on, in case there is fraud involved. ( you are not comitting forgery as you are signing your own name). I was just using forgery as an example

I can sign Picasso on the bottom of as much art work as I want, providing I am not trying to pass it off as an original

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
Well my cousin never got the title and didn't think about it as they assumed it would just be sent, then over time forgot about it. I realized when I looked at the registration and it had a lien holder. So I need to get a duplicate title for the boat, except the title would go to the lien holder. I'll have to go to AAA to figure it out.