WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat listing advice

richp5

Reaction score
When is a good time to list your boat for sale? Is Boat Trader the way to go or are there other places to list? Also, it is stored indoors in Mohave so I imagine listing it there and not my home address of Anaheim Hills, correct? lastly, what is a site like KBB to find the value of a boat? Thanks much in advance for any replies.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I just Googled this now for one site there are more.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/Power-Boats

I'm selling my Campbell but I'll wait till the Rain and snow is done in my neighborhood.
I don't want to get ready for a test run and the Person Does not show up.
like yesterday sunday it snowed on the launch ramp. Not good to show a buyer the test run.

Riverryder

Reaction score
KBB and Nada can be wildly inaccurate.. Go check out what a hallett 240 or magic is worth then look at what they are selling for.

Isn’t that because hallet owners have drank in some of the juice the magic owners drink?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84miller

Reaction score
You can look up online for the value "boat Kelly bluebook", however I strongly suggest you go to Boat Trader and see the prices on your same boat and do a compare. Which ever vehicle you choose to advertise your boat, you will not be giving a address. However you will be giving the city. Here is a problem you have on hand, you are in OC and the Boat is in Mohave. Buyers do not want to wait two or three weeks before seeing the boat, so unless you have the availability to meet very quickly with a buyer in Mohave, you will loose prospective buyers. I would first try the Boat Trader, list under Mohave but state in your listing the boat resides in Mohave, you are in OC. Do not give any address information. Do not give out phone number. Boat Trader will allow communication via email. Just make sure you check your email daily so you reply promptly. I have sold two boat via Craigslist, I do not recommend using, had a very, very bad experience with a buyer who I gave my home address to, you have to be very careful because you really do not know who you are actually dealing with. At a cost, you could use the "boat brokers" in Havasu. Your boat will need to meet their requirements, but they advertise it, handle the entire sale, without you. If it sits on their lot too long, they will call you to drop the price. Good luck, there are other ways and I am sure others on RPD will give more options.

Riverryder

Reaction score
we all say that but.. supply and demand! Lol

Haha I get the supply and demand thing. That’s why when I purchase a boat I always list it for sale. If someone wants to pay me what I want for it who am I to say no?

But some of them I’m like a little more money and I can get a new build? Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
If you’re planning on selling it yourself: I’d get it serviced/detailed and drop it in boat trader and RDP starting in March-ish depending on the area. Look at boat trader to get comps.

Personally: I’d drop it off at MaxedOut or similar and be done. They’ll know the market. You don’t have to answer 50 tire kicker emails. Do test drives when the buyer still has to “ask his wife”. It’s easy and they know how to market.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Since you dont live where the boat is located I would use a broker, they would have the keys to your storage unit and can show you the boat, last thing you want to do is make a trip out there and the person blows you off. They can also arrange financing and will handle all of the DMV paperwork, the fees they charge are well worth when you ad up the cost of your time.

richp5

Reaction score
Thanks all for the prompt and informative replies. Sounds like a boat broker is the way to go. So, anyone have a referral or two on a broker? Also, what is this MaxedOut posted by DWC? Also, do people throw in all the extras (tubes, boards, jackets, etc.) when selling so it's turn key and a just add friends type of deal or do you give away that stuff to your buds?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Outdrive1 can sell it for you. Keep all that stuff for your next boat. Next month I will list one of my boats for sale. At upholstery shop now. Already had Deon at high quality marine service it so it's ready to go.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Thanks all for the prompt and informative replies. Sounds like a boat broker is the way to go. So, anyone have a referral or two on a broker? Also, what is this MaxedOut posted by DWC? Also, do people throw in all the extras (tubes, boards, jackets, etc.) when selling so it's turn key and a just add friends type of deal or do you give away that stuff to your buds?

Another vote for Maxed out Marine. There in havasu so youll need to move the boat there. They handle the test drive and the whole bs in selling something. Tim from maxed out sold my last boat. Sold in 4 days for what we were expecting.

Make sure all of your paperwork is in line. Pink on the boat and pink on the trailer plus current reg for both. Or loan info and registration on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MSum661

Reaction score
Outdrive1 can sell it for you. Keep all that stuff for your next boat. Next month I will list one of my boats for sale. At upholstery shop now. Already had Deon at high quality marine service it so it's ready to go.

Outdrive1 is a damn good Dude!
Easy going, prompt, knowledgeable through and through, super easy to work while working with both sides of a deal.
Genuine nice guy!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I have bought and sold through Outdrive-1 (Paul) and he makes it so damn easy, I’ll never waste my time selling a boat myself again, and if I have a boat I’m looking for, he often knows of some that are for sale behind the scenes.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Aren't you supposed to upload pics and ask what it's worth, when spamming the lounge. ;)
I've had my 2 new pontoons for sale here, and no where else... wanted to see if they would sell here...so far no...I've post' pics also, but nothing... but it could be that no one else likes tri toons, and the ones that do have one... or have it for sale...

I really don't think posting it in the lounge makes any differance, those looking for a boat will go to the classified sect..

DSC04754.JPG
DSC04869.JPG
DSC04903.JPG