WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Loan

bearpah

Reaction score
In search of a boat loan? Does anyone have any recommendations. Boat located in Havasu. Thanks for your help.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
I heard a lot of good stuff about bank of the west. Rates seemed fair for boats and they are willing to do a little older boats than others. All their info and rates are online so there’s a lot of transparency. Good luck!

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Also just a heads up. You may want to shop some insurance companies prior to purchase also. I notice there is a huge difference between companies in cost and a lot won’t cover. That way you don’t end up with sticker shock after you buy it. 👍

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I used America First. I called Hamilton and their customer service was too notch. The numbers just didn’t work for my situation. Bank of the West was also an option for us. They had a slightly lower rate than America First. The deal breaker was Bank of the West had an extended timeframe to fund the loan. America First was more streamlined, so I chose them.

Things may have changed since the rate hikes though. Good luck!

Mikes56

Reaction score
My TopCat 1 is thru Bank of the West. No problems after 7 years. My first boat was financed with them too.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
Also just a heads up. You may want to shop some insurance companies prior to purchase also. I notice there is a huge difference between companies in cost and a lot won’t cover. That way you don’t end up with sticker shock after you buy it. 👍
X2 on this. I had a hard time with mine. Rates are a lot higher than they were 2 years ago

traquer

Reaction score
What's the maximum age and minimum price cutoff typically on these loans?

Englewood

Reaction score
What's the maximum age and minimum price cutoff typically on these loans?
We can go up to 20yrs old. Loan amounts as low as 20k.

If it is a “custom boat”, there are some more restrictions (10% min down, 12yr term, NADA average retail for valuation).

traquer

Reaction score
We can go up to 20yrs old. Loan amounts as low as 20k.

If it is a “custom boat”, there are some more restrictions (10% min down, 12yr term, NADA average retail for valuation).
Thanks, that's good to know!