WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Magazines

TrollerDave

Reaction score
So, I was at the grocery store and went to check out the magazine section.
I look to see if they have any boat magazines. They got one. "Wood Boats"
They got 6 different mags about quilting and knitting, 8 about tattoos, 9 about guns. 1 mag was even about knives.

Are there that many more knitters and quilters than boaters?
It's just something I think about everytime I pass the magazine rack.

Sorry if Vin already brought it up. I can't keep up with him. He's too fast. Too furious.

U4ia

Reaction score
Publishers follow the money, either newsstand sales or ad sales. If nobody buys them and no advertisers pay them to publish they ain't gonna be there. And yes, there are a ton more knitters and quilters than boaters, hell, there are more cat lovers and cat magazines than boaters and boat magazines. I don't count sailors and kayakers as boaters though..... Windsurfers and kite boarders either.

Last edited:

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
I remember the days when each month l would receive in the post, that other magazine that converts to riverdavesplace when it's name is typed in :) , Performance boat, Extreme Boats , Powerboat, Family and Performance Boats, and even of late Sports Boat. All gone except Performance Boats which is now down to bi monthly, a real shame. :(
Luckily there is still RiverDavesPlace.:thumbup: :)

Last edited:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I remember the days when each month l would receive in the post, that other magazine that converts to riverdavesplace when it's name is typed in :) , Performance boat, Extreme Boats , Powerboat, Family and Performance Boats, and even of late Sports Boat. All gone except Performance Boats which is now down to bi monthly, a real shame. :(
Luckily there is still RiverDavesPlace.:thumbup: :)

riverdavesplace has a magazine?