WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Make/Model ID?

doc_texoma

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this is? Owner says its a 20' and thinks its around 1987-1988.... Not thinking hydrostream... not thinking checkmate although the windshield reminds me of a checkmate... Possibly a sleekcraft?

I just bought a Glastron Carlson CSS/19 that I'm rebuilding - but this guy only wants $300 for this boat including the trailer... No idea about anything other as far as shape other than what this one picture shows....

Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 19

fmo24

Reaction score
Deck looks like Baja but never seen one with that bottom

Reactions: TBI

doc_texoma

Reaction score
Agree on the deck looking similar to a baja.... also agree on never seeing a baja tunnel hull..

i looked at an eliminator "edge" recently that looked kind of similar... wondering if it might be the same....

says he has the title - but the fact that the reg # is blurry makes me wonder...

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
What is the HIN (should be stamped into the stern)? Or is that what is hard to read? (Warning Will Robinson)

doc_texoma

Reaction score
haven't seen the boat first hand.. we're still in text message/sending photos stage....

surprised nobody has id'd it from the pics.. interesting.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
haven't seen the boat first hand.. we're still in text message/sending photos stage....

surprised nobody has id'd it from the pics.. interesting.

Sorry can't really help you. It does look like an Edge bottom, wait tell everyone wakes up.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
If its dry and has a good transom and stringers it could be a good deal. It could be color sanded and buffed. No idea how they run.

doc_texoma

Reaction score
hot the HIN.. its titled as homemade... will look for info on the stratos though to see what the ride is like..

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
A friend had a VT, and he never got the performance out of it he hoped for. It just didn't run like a high performance mod-V should, i.e. Baker, Hydrostream, STV, Eliminator. When I put my mod-V Eliminator up for sale he immediately bought it and sold the Stratos.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Must be an east coast dealio

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
hot the HIN.. its titled as homemade... will look for info on the stratos though to see what the ride is like..

That does not look homemade at all. Something's fishy.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
That does not look homemade at all. Something's fishy.

Could have lost the title, could be stolen and recovered with a new title. Who knows. Obviously not 'home made" so something is up.

doc_texoma

Reaction score
Well he has the title on hand and wants 300 bucks for the boat and trailer - no motor (of course)..

From everything I've read about it there were supposedly 275 of them made so that makes it pretty rare - but sounds like the bottom is a POS. Since I already have the CSS19 sitting in front of my house (got ticketed today as boats arent allowed on the street.. ugh), I'm not gonna mess with it.

If anyone is interested its in Dallas.