WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat over at lake pleasant

JRS1939

Reaction score
Small rumor that the boat was squared off with a wake boat full of ballast. Cause a big roller at 80+mph and the bow went into the roller and launched the boat straight up in the air and came back down on the transom. Again, rumor.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Small rumor that the boat was squared off with a wake boat full of ballast. Cause a big roller at 80+mph and the bow went into the roller and launched the boat straight up in the air and came back down on the transom. Again, rumor.

man...wouldnt this be damage caused by the WB boat?

i can delete this if inappropriate

Tank

Reaction score

I don’t know man. I have a hard time believing an SL41 would even bat an eye at even the biggest wake boat wake.

Tank

Reaction score

Eh. We were both wrong.

It’s actually an SL 44 with 1100’s

Point being. No wake board wake gonna sweat that thing.

Most plausible thing I’ve heard is they hit a submerged stump.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t know man. I have a hard time believing an SL41 would even bat an eye at even the biggest wake boat wake.

it might trip it up hitting from the side or something but I tend to agree if the boat was heading into it.. that’s a large boat to be worried about wakeboard boats.

I am just reading this now and was kinda wondering to myself if this was a slower speed deal (50-60 mph deal) like what happened to the owner of OL at Miami..

Doesn’t sound fast but if you end up hitting the water upside down with a 43 on top of ya it’s more than enough..

JRS1939

Reaction score
Eh. We were both wrong.

It’s actually an SL 44 with 1100’s

Point being. No wake board wake gonna sweat that thing.

Most plausible thing I’ve heard is they hit a submerged stump.
Id double down on SV43 but it's pointless. Hopefully Mike pulls through.

Tank

Reaction score
it might trip it up hitting from the side or something but I tend to agree if the boat was heading into it.. that’s a large boat to be worried about wakeboard boats.

I am just reading this now and was kinda wondering to myself if this was a slower speed deal (50-60 mph deal) like what happened to the owner of OL at Miami..

Doesn’t sound fast but if you end up hitting the water upside down with a 43 on top of ya it’s more than enough..

The deal with Sgro’s boat going over was weird. They were getting on plane and hit the bottom and made it roll over. What killed him is he had just put the hatch down and wasn’t strapped in and hit his head knocking him out rendering him unable to get to the breather. Kinda freak thing.

Sherpa

Reaction score
Is it just my eyes but that 3-seat back on the rear deck of the boat doesn’t look like at all like matching upholstery? Or at least just a 3-seat back? I dunno. Sad deal all around.

HCP3

Reaction score
Jeez. I am hoping for the best, but can't help but to ask questions. Medical issue with the driver maybe?

precisiondetails

Reaction score
The deal with Sgro’s boat going over was weird. They were getting on plane and hit the bottom and made it roll over. What killed him is he had just put the hatch down and wasn’t strapped in and hit his head knocking him out rendering him unable to get to the breather. Kinda freak thing.
Are you saying they hit something in the water and by hitting the bottom of the boat it rolled??

Tank

Reaction score
Are you saying they hit something in the water and by hitting the bottom of the boat it rolled??

Yes. Spoke with Tom Abraham as he pulled into key west. He was directly behind them. They were leaving the card stop everyone was idling out and just getting up on plane. Just as they were rolling over on plane boat rolled. Joe was knocked out so he couldnt get his air on (capsule boat). Joe was the one that closed the hatch so he hadn’t strapped into his seat yet. Others in the boat were fine.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Yes. Spoke with Tom Abraham as he pulled into key west. He was directly behind them. They were leaving the card stop everyone was idling out and just getting up on plane. Just as they were rolling over on plane boat rolled. Joe was knocked out so he couldnt get his air on (capsule boat). Joe was the one that closed the hatch so he hadn’t strapped into his seat yet. Others in the boat were fine.

wow, what a crazy freak thing. Only way to explain it- is it was his time I guess

River Runnin

Reaction score
I might be the only one that thinks these Wave Tractors are dangerous to the boating community. My boat runs about 4500 pounds, I've been beat to shit going through 4 of them working the end of the lake. I've been fully airborne 3 times, and breaking 2 Mariner seats! https://www.seatsinc.com/products/marine/mariner/ from the impact!

I can see where this boat might have tried to avoid the roller, went airborne and caught it at the wrong angle!

But you can count on one thing for sure! -- As long as these wave make'n Tractors are legal, Damage, pain, and death will continue to happen! 😑

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
I might be the only one that thinks these Wave Tractors are dangerous to the boating community. My boat runs about 4500 pounds, I've been beat to shit going through 4 of them working the end of the lake. I've been fully airborne 3 times, and breaking 2 Mariner seats! https://www.seatsinc.com/products/marine/mariner/ from the impact!

I can see where this boat might have tried to avoid the roller, went airborne and caught it at the wrong angle!

But you can count on one thing for sure! -- As long as these wave make'n Tractors are legal, Damage, pain, and death will continue to happen! 😑

Wave tractors as you say are the AR-15s of boats. As long as they are legal, damage, pain and death will continue to happen. Noted.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Wave tractors as you say are the AR-15s of boats. As long as they are legal, damage, pain and death will continue to happen. Noted.

Rogue bullets are killing people?

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Is this the OL that use to be in Havasu that nuked a motor during desert storm and was the shop just north of Barrett for a while

Cibolasam

Reaction score

But you can count on one thing for sure! -- As long as these wave make'n Tractors are legal, Damage, pain, and death will continue to happen! [emoji58]

Sounds like you need to slow down and take responsibility for your actions. Look far enough ahead and if your boat can’t handle the conditions without breaking-lay off the throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK1MOD0

Reaction score

I‘m curious as to what official report you read that says the accident was caused by a huge “Roller” caused by a wake boat?

River Runnin

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to slow down and take responsibility for your actions. Look far enough ahead and if your boat can’t handle the conditions without breaking-lay off the throttle.

Bully Build 51.jpg

My responsibility starts before I put the Key in! ... And I can honestly say I'm probably safer operating a boat than over 95% of the boaters out there!

And there hasn't been ANY condition (even Class 5 rapids) that I haven't been able to handle! :rolleyes:

Dalton

Reaction score
Is this the OL that use to be in Havasu that nuked a motor during desert storm and was the shop just north of Barrett for a while

Owned by Clay Sampson? That’s what I thought at first

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Point proven. Rogue shooter is just as responsible as the person making rogue waves.

I’ll play. Hypothetically, a jet boat creates a wave/wake. A bad ass flatly is making a pass in front of Fox’s and hits said wave/wake and “ tragedy strikes. Said jet boat is responsible for the entire sequence of events?

I’m sorry but the only thing that’ll come of this is more regulations that we’ll all bitch about.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’ll play. Hypothetically, a jet boat creates a wave/wake. A bad ass flatly is making a pass in front of Fox’s and hits said wave/wake and “ tragedy strikes. Said jet boat is responsible for the entire sequence of events?

I’m sorry but the only thing that’ll come of this is more regulations that we’ll all bitch about.
This

JRS1939

Reaction score

You're responsible for your wake.

77charger

Reaction score

Many will not agree but like sand dunes you need to look far ahead and keep speeds to suddenly adjust. Friends give me shit for slowing down but If not wed end up on our lids.
Same applies to boats sucks to read this pleasant is nice weekdays too

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If you’ve ever witnessed a performance cat start “dancing” uncontrollably, the occupants often look like rag dolls. My prayers go out to all.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
“You are responsible for your wake” is a 100% correct statement. Has it ever been enforced locally in Havasu or anywhere in AZ? Perhaps Boat Cop could provide some info.

I believe he did, some time back and stated = how are you going to prove i is a certain boats Wake or something like that.:rolleyes:

JRS1939

Reaction score
Id imagine only if there were gopro videos mounted.

Do we know the outcome of the DCB lawsuit over the m35 that flipped at desert storm many years back?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I believe he did, some time back and stated = how are you going to prove i is a certain boats Wake or something like that.:rolleyes:

Proof is like anything else, videos, photos, statements and witnesses. Sometimes it is very clear. But again, has it ever been enforced in AZ?

buck35

Reaction score
Sad deal and as I figured a few on here knew the folks involved. RIP to the wife and best wishes for the husband. What a crappy start to the season.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Proof is like anything else, videos, photos, statements and witnesses. Sometimes it is very clear. But again, has it ever been enforced in AZ?

I can't recall if he said anything about any Boater being charged or prosecuted. I know for one thing "The Big Red" Tour Boat sure has had the opportunity of being charged with the "Wake" he throws. That thing messes up the River for ever.

Last edited: