WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Owner newb

Reaction score
Good morning everyone I just picked up my first boat and would like to know from some experienced people on what all needs to be serviced? It is a 1994 glutton ssv 175 elite with a Volvo Penta Motor In it I was told that the outdrive fluid is fairly new and that the oil has just recently been changed what else do I need to do as far as maintenance goes? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
No doubt the impeller. Check the date on the battery while you’re at it. I’d also check the engine and drive oil. Recently mean lake different things to different people.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Find a local service shop and have a complete service done and check over
Then you start fresh knowing what is done

You now have had the first of the 2 happiest days of owning a Botee
Welcome aboard

Pics of Boat and better 1/2 are now due
:D

Reaction score
This is her
IMG_2450.jpg
IMG_2453.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
I would also check the date code on the tires . Single axle I would not risk it if they are over 4 years old . A boat towing service is always a good thing to . Enjoy

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
Don't know that much about em but that four banger lurking under that hatch may not be a Volvo. another pic of that and the better half would be si bueno.

Reaction score
Can’t tell but it looks like there is no raw water pump sorry about the poor lighting

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Merc 3.0, 180 cubic inches, 140 hp.
The old Chevy II motor, started out as a 2.5ish, 1964. Keep oil in it, they will run like a generator. On and on and on...not fast, but on and on and on...

Water pump impeller is in the out drive. Easy enough to change. You tube videos on how to do it. Do the whole housing first time around.

Dan'l

Brobee

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new float. Hope to see you out there. Happy boating.

Reaction score
Merc 3.0, 180 cubic inches, 140 hp.
The old Chevy II motor, started out as a 2.5ish, 1964. Keep oil in it, they will run like a generator. On and on and on...not fast, but on and on and on...

Water pump impeller is in the out drive. Easy enough to change. You tube videos on how to do it. Do the whole housing first time around.

Dan'l

Thanks! I watched a few videos and it looked easy enough I will go ahead and order the housing and impeller kit and do it myself and change fluids just to have a clear peace of mind.. I appreciate the responses!!!