WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat purchase

aca83jr

Reaction score
I’m on the market for a 28’ deck boat I really like eliminator Nordic and Barron. But am I just paying for the name ? I seen the 28’ shockwave is really nice and I’m also looking at ICB. Are all these boats built there same at least as far as the mold ? I just want to make sure whatever I buy it a quality built boat. Any info would help. Thanks

Spot

Reaction score
I am sure a bunch of folks will come along shortly and give you a bunch of opinions. All the manufacturers your mentioned build solid boats but they are not all the same. Power plays a huge factor in performance.

Do your homework, sit in all them, ask how they perform with different levels of power and of course, make sure they are in your budget. You may even find you like the personality of some manufacturer employees over others. That matters down the road when you have warranty work or service.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Shockwave has always built solid boats and a loyal following, been in business a long time. A friend has an ICB 28KK and it’s extremely nice. The gelcoat and detail is top notch. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either.

Reactions: DWC

HBCraig

Reaction score
I'd like to hear about these too

I was sitting on the beach next to a guy with a new Nordic. He said he is having a hell of a time going between 20-50 mph and maneuvering. He said it rides beat anything over about 60 mph

Anyone else heard this ?

Singleton

Reaction score
Attend the next Havasu Boat show. sit in all them, explore all the storage areas, etc then pick 2 you like best and water test.
i spent hours at the 2006 boat show going back and forth between all the models I liked. Then I saw the 26 ShadowDeck and liked the lines of the boat at the 06 SD show. Went to a Ultra and spent 3 hours in the boat looking at things and talking to JW. signed the docs that day.

Spot

Reaction score
The bad things about decks is need you need to put crazy power in them to make them sporty. I had a very respected boat builder tell me “don’t buy a deck until you have the money to make it move or else you have an expensive floating patio deck you will hate to drive.”

Reactions: DWC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The bad things about decks is need you need to put crazy power in them to make them sporty. I had a very respected boat builder tell me “don’t buy a deck until you have the money to make it move or else you have an expensive floating patio deck you will hate to drive.”
Yep spot on

E4L

Reaction score
I’m on the market for a 28’ deck boat I really like eliminator Nordic and Barron. But am I just paying for the name ? I seen the 28’ shockwave is really nice and I’m also looking at ICB. Are all these boats built there same at least as far as the mold ? I just want to make sure whatever I buy it a quality built boat. Any info would help. Thanks

I can help you with your Eliminator needs. Please let me know if you need any help on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stingray11

Reaction score
Powerboat magazine has always said you can't buy better quality boat than a Eliminator. Mine is 31 years old and still looks brand new

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I have been very impressed with Shockwave, not only as a builder, but as a loyal group of owners. Also like being able to call the factory and talk with the owners anytime. Had a conversation with Greg a couple weeks ago and he was super helpful. Like Nordic and Eliminator, they do everything in house. Also they have good credit with Mercury, so you won't be waiting on engines. The only reason any of their builds got delayed this year was because they didn't have trailers due to Extreme shutting down due to Covid.

Assuming your budget is under $200k list is :

1.) Shockwave
2.) Nordic
3.) Eliminator

If I am working with $250k budget

1.) Howard
2.) Conquest
3.) Shockwave
4.) Nordic
5) Eliminator

There are 2 really nice 28 Shockwaves for sale right now. Both fully loaded and both under $160k. You will find out really quick how fast the options can snowball when doing a new build, on top of sales tax.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I have been very impressed with Shockwave, not only as a builder, but as a loyal group of owners. Also like being able to call the factory and talk with the owners anytime. Had a conversation with Greg a couple weeks ago and he was super helpful. Like Nordic and Eliminator, they do everything in house. Also they have good credit with Mercury, so you won't be waiting on engines. The only reason any of their builds got delayed this year was because they didn't have trailers due to Extreme shutting down due to Covid.

Assuming your budget is under $200k list is :

1.) Shockwave
2.) Nordic
3.) Eliminator

If I am working with $250k budget

1.) Howard
2.) Conquest
3.) Shockwave
4.) Nordic
5) Eliminator

There are 2 really nice 28 Shockwaves for sale right now. Both fully loaded and both under $160k. You will find out really quick how fast the options can snowball when doing a new build, on top of sales tax.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Spot on and a solid helpful response.