WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat sellers remorse

prosthogod

Reaction score
I had my boat up for sale(30ft magic septor) and actually had a full price offer, but after realizing that it would be gone my wife said don't sell it. Happy day or ? Just realized we have a lot of great fun in that boat and to be boatless would suck.

SHEP

Reaction score
If someone offered me a full price offer I'd check to make sure I had it priced right. If I did then I'd sell it and look to get something else.

SHEP

prosthogod

Reaction score
I would buy another but I had no idea what. Then to go boatless, this boat is big enough for our family and friends.

charlyox

Reaction score
I can't imagine not having a boat. If I was to sell mine I would have another one lined up.

riverroyal

Reaction score
sold our Magic last july. Just bought another boat this week.
IM still bummed we sold it. The reason to sell for us was right, it was a the best move for us and the family. We owned it for 10 years, the memories are huge. I look at pictures of my kids 10 years ago on it and it actually makes me sad. Maybe not for the boat, just for getting old.
There will be new memories made now, more fun times. The scary part is will they be as good?
we almost pulled the plug on boats and havasu all together. After nearly 20 years of going, 15 solid years of going a BUNCH we really agonized over a change of lifestyle. Boating and havasu is our vacation, just every few weeks. We don't take exotic trips, no 2 weeks trips to Hawaii or anything. I thought maybe it was time to try that, but in the end I don't want to wait and plan one huge trip a year at $10000 or more.
I NEED a escape, once a year would not cut it.
As my kids get older, one is off to college next year the boating and havasu experience is changing to a 'wife and me' get away quickly. So we looked at closed bow cats, Vee bottoms and something not as family friendly. That didn't work for me. Then I worked with Thane at Nordic for nearly 4 months, actually pulled the trigger. After the financing got rolling I backed out. It was just too much for me. The cost of the boat plus the cost of college would have left me sleep less. That's no way to enjoy anything. So we bought a pontoon, who knows if I will even like it. Its not going to be fast, but it will be 50mph, that's a hurricane in a toon. Most of my water time is sitting still, so we will see. If it sucks, then Im back to a performance boat after college for the kids.

I feel your pain, plus its a guys thing. Your boat is your Mojo, its what you worked for. Its your vise, addiction, dick extension, whatever you call it guys need that.

I realized after 6 months of no boat, it wasn't giving up that particular boat, it was giving up the entire lifestyle and memories and friends. BUT Im not done, 10 more years I will reassess. Sell it, try another boat. The pain only last about 6 months :D

prosthogod

Reaction score
sold our Magic last july. Just bought another boat this week.
IM still bummed we sold it. The reason to sell for us was right, it was a the best move for us and the family. We owned it for 10 years, the memories are huge. I look at pictures of my kids 10 years ago on it and it actually makes me sad. Maybe not for the boat, just for getting old.
There will be new memories made now, more fun times. The scary part is will they be as good?
we almost pulled the plug on boats and havasu all together. After nearly 20 years of going, 15 solid years of going a BUNCH we really agonized over a change of lifestyle. Boating and havasu is our vacation, just every few weeks. We don't take exotic trips, no 2 weeks trips to Hawaii or anything. I thought maybe it was time to try that, but in the end I don't want to wait and plan one huge trip a year at $10000 or more.
I NEED a escape, once a year would not cut it.
As my kids get older, one is off to college next year the boating and havasu experience is changing to a 'wife and me' get away quickly. So we looked at closed bow cats, Vee bottoms and something not as family friendly. That didn't work for me. Then I worked with Thane at Nordic for nearly 4 months, actually pulled the trigger. After the financing got rolling I backed out. It was just too much for me. The cost of the boat plus the cost of college would have left me sleep less. That's no way to enjoy anything. So we bought a pontoon, who knows if I will even like it. Its not going to be fast, but it will be 50mph, that's a hurricane in a toon. Most of my water time is sitting still, so we will see. If it sucks, then Im back to a performance boat after college for the kids.

I feel your pain, plus its a guys thing. Your boat is your Mojo, its what you worked for. Its your vise, addiction, dick extension, whatever you call it guys need that.

I realized after 6 months of no boat, it wasn't giving up that particular boat, it was giving up the entire lifestyle and memories and friends. BUT Im not done, 10 more years I will reassess. Sell it, try another boat. The pain only last about 6 months :D
Sounds like the conversation we had, but I kept trying to see myself on a pontoon after 3 performance boats, and it just didn't work.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Wait until you sell it and your DB friends start sending you pics with the new owner, or tagging you in pics on Facebook because they saw it this weekend :D

I miss my boat, but am glad to see someone enjoying it. I have minor regrets over selling it, but no regrets about moving on the to next phase of life :thumbsup

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Been there done that...when I sold my last Essex my wife cried when the buyer towed it away. :(
We had a vacation home in Havasu, a toy hauler, the boat and a very nice Yukon XL 4x4.
I took a pay cut to work closer to home and we decided to sell it all. We went boatless for 4 years...then we finally saved up for a comeback in 2009.
Thats how my screen name was born :D

prosthogod

Reaction score
Been there done that...when I sold my last Essex my wife cried when the buyer towed it away. :(
We had a vacation home in Havasu, a toy hauler, the boat and a very nice Yukon XL 4x4.
I took a pay cut to work closer to home and we decided to sell it all. We went boatless for 4 years...then we finally saved up for a comeback in 2009.
Thats how my screen name was born :D

So you bought a fighter jet?

Englewood

Reaction score
Did the same thing last fall. Had mine sold twice and just couldn't do it.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
So you bought a fighter jet?

LOL, no I am just a big fan of the F-4 phantom. :thumbsup

I bought me an Essex Monarch. :D

DSC02384.jpg

28skater

Reaction score
Yep, I regret selling my Vector after seeing these pictures just 6 months after I sold it!:yikes

hallet f2 001.jpg

2014-06-24_17-53-16_246 (4).jpg

2014-06-24_17-54-23_707 (5).jpg

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Wait until you sell it and your DB friends start sending you pics with the new owner, or tagging you in pics on Facebook because they saw it this weekend :D

I miss my boat, but am glad to see someone enjoying it. I have minor regrets over selling it, but no regrets about moving on the to next phase of life :thumbsup

LOL...... you have no idea how many times I've heard that when you had the 26. That's so funny you posted this. :D

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

28skater

Reaction score
Flipped sunk and bounced around the bottom for about 8 hours..terminal to bad for the new owner.

454Rocket

I thought RDSUX?
Reaction score
I had my boat up for sale(30ft magic septor) and actually had a full price offer, but after realizing that it would be gone my wife said don't sell it. Happy day or ? Just realized we have a lot of great fun in that boat and to be boatless would suck.

Sounds like you're one of those reverse tire-kickers? More than once I've looked at a rig, drove it, inspected it, spent a ton of hours and $ traveling to see it, just to have the owner get cold feet with an offer he accepted earlier or a full-price deal. Always like when the price goes up too :rolleyes

If you don't want to sell it, don't put it up for sale :D

prosthogod

Reaction score
Sounds like you're one of those reverse tire-kickers? More than once I've looked at a rig, drove it, inspected it, spent a ton of hours and $ traveling to see it, just to have the owner get cold feet with an offer he accepted earlier or a full-price deal. Always like when the price goes up too :rolleyes

If you don't want to sell it, don't put it up for sale :D

only person with time or money invested is me. I would never waist someones time like that.

pipemn

Reaction score
I know the feeling.Just sold our ocean boat last week,had built for us in 2003 know we're gonna miss it but we just weren't using it enough.

2Driver

Reaction score
We are on number 14 or 15 I forget. Screw it, they are a chunk of fiberglass with an engine. Memories are in your head, not the boat.

Buy what you like for the time in your life and move on.... bunch of sentimental pansies. :D

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
LOL...... you have no idea how many times I've heard that when you had the 26. That's so funny you posted this. :D
You have no idea how many times I heard, That's Toby's old boat :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We are on number 14 or 15 I forget. Screw it, they are a chunk of fiberglass with an engine. Memories are in your head, not the boat.

Buy what you like for the time in your life and move on.... bunch of sentimental pansies. :D
I wish I could segregate emotions out it....that's my weqkness on other stuff I have too.

cmeir

Reaction score
Pretty sure I was one of them people...lol[emoji3]
I Sold one of my trucks last week 08 lifted had at least 10 guys called on it .The first guy came look at it buy it. Alot tire kickers out there .