WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Service Recommendations

mattt

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations for boat service, 96 Ultimate Warlock 454 & B3. In the past I went to Quality Performance Marine in Corona, CA but I see Rob has retired and closed up shop. I called two other places I had heard of but neither of them were taking new work or customers due to being swamped. Is Socal really the "desert of good boat repair & service shops" that it seems to be in 2021? I'd be down for good, mobile service as well. Boat is stored indoors at my shop in Orange County.

I'd like to get a sea water pump replaced and once-over check up on my boat.

Any and all recommendations, both good and bad, are appreciated.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I'm sure they are busy as well, but I'd trust Kenny at Eliminator. Other options, plan a trip to Havasu, but most everyone here is 3-4 weeks out.

hallett21

Reaction score
Have you called WOT Marine in Vista CA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattt

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. Extreme is booked until the end of July. Never thought about calling Eliminator. I see lots of mention of WOT here in other threads, but Vista is a bit too far with my schedule. All good suggestions guys, thanks.

Anyone have experience with Baca Marine - Pfaff Engines in Huntington Beach?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I've been using Concept marine in Montclair for the last 3 or so years for the basic pre-season stuff. They've been good. The John moved and his partner is running things now so hopefully the service stays the same.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Hey Matt!
How's the Bronco coming!? I'll DM you a contact in Ontario, I've known him for a long time and he does great work.
Brian

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CobraDave

Reaction score
I just used Tillys Marine in Norco and they are very knowledgeable. I had just my drive done but I will go back next time I need something. They were the first I called that wasn’t July or August. Just bring a cover with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
You could try Boat Werks out of Long Beach, Jeff is mobile and can come to you, I have no idea what his time line would be, 562-896-2628.

There is also M&M Marine in Huntington Beach run by Matt Brayton. 714-892-1811

Both are good options.