WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat sinks in havasu boat fire

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have no torch to bring to this. But I did see a new magic upper hull section in blue at ultra a few weeks ago.
Colors looked great !

Blubyu

Reaction score
It wasn’t the owners fault on why it burnt down... Preston is doing the right thing and making this deal right and that’s all the matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jojo1

Banned
Reaction score
1 boat burns and you all act as if that is the only body of water in the country, only boat in the country. Boats burn all the time, people sometimes injured, some killed. Some of you guys really do need to either get back to work or find a hobby. Maybe go look at your boats to prevent this from happening. I have to ask, how does one mans boat burning to the water line turn into a shit show on this website?? WTF!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
1 boat burns and you all act as if that is the only body of water in the country, only boat in the country. Boats burn all the time, people sometimes injured, some killed. Some of you guys really do need to either get back to work or find a hobby. Maybe go look at your boats to prevent this from happening. I have to ask, how does one mans boat burning to the water line turn into a shit show on this website?? WTF!
Winter

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Obviously you are new here. Hang around a while and it will make perfect sense. Everyone on RDP gives an actual fuck and gets pretty passionate about taking care of their own or fellow American. Emotions get a little heated and it's winter and its RDP.

All in all I think it went pretty well all things considered:D

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Well since it's River Dave's place, and it happened on the river, and people on here probably know the people that were involved, it's relevant.
It's not called EBELERP.
(Every Boat Every Lake Every River Place.)

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Could be a bunch of different things that caused it.. Right down to something so simple as a low water pickup and the water being down in Havasu right now, taking out an impeller. Who knows..

How does the water level of the lake have an effect on the impeller?

robby dmax

Reaction score
Doubt it was an impeller issue.. more likely bad fuel lines from the ethanol fuel eats it from the inside out add Little bit of fuel pressure and now you got a little pinhole.

Patyacht

Reaction score
I was in the boat business for 20 + years before I retired. I bought my last boat from Preston and he is a stand-up guy. I know nothing about what happened about this fire but I do know Preston and have the up-most-confidence he will do the right thing! He's the best boat dealer in Havasu!!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How does the water level of the lake have an effect on the impeller?

Go launch a boat at Windsor right now and you will figure it out pretty quick.. lol. It’s very shallow around the docks

TCHB

Reaction score
Go launch a boat at Windsor right now and you will figure it out pretty quick.. lol. It’s very shallow around the docks
The water level in the channel looked a couple feet low.

Englewood

Reaction score
I have no torch to bring to this. But I did see a new magic upper hull section in blue at ultra a few weeks ago.
Colors looked great !
You mean this one?
Image 2-6-20 at 10.09 AM.jpg

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Doubt it was an impeller issue.. more likely bad fuel lines from the ethanol fuel eats it from the inside out add Little bit of fuel pressure and now you got a little pinhole.

that close to the ramps impeller could be a problem. Every one I ever had fail failed just after launching the boat, usually before the truck was even parked.

boatpi

Reaction score
I do know any details about this, but here is how this generally goes.

IF new owner signed docs to purchase, and it was delivered they own it, period. New owner makes a claim to their insurance carrier, fire investigation will be part of this basically to obsolve owner.

IF it is determined the boat was clearly defective, and the dealer should have known this, the owners carrier will send a letter to the selling dealers carrier.

The two insurance carriers work it out in the end and the owners carrier will usually pay the claim at the price of sale unless it was insured for stated value or agreed upon value. Really not too difficult stuff.

FYI, There is NO such thing as "Preston's insurance company will just pay it or do the right thing". A claim is just that, it is NOT an honored claim until the claim investigation is complete, often 30 days or so.

This is NOT a poop on Preston, I have known him since his days in Colorado, good dude.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I do know any details about this, but here is how this generally goes.

IF new owner signed docs to purchase, and it was delivered they own it, period. New owner makes a claim to their insurance carrier, fire investigation will be part of this basically to obsolve owner.

IF it is determined the boat was clearly defective, and the dealer should have known this, the owners carrier will send a letter to the selling dealers carrier.

The two insurance carriers work it out in the end and the owners carrier will usually pay the claim at the price of sale unless it was insured for stated value or agreed upon value. Really not too difficult stuff.

FYI, There is NO such thing as "Preston's insurance company will just pay it or do the right thing". A claim is just that, it is NOT an honored claim until the claim investigation is complete, often 30 days or so.

This is NOT a poop on Preston, I have known him since his days in Colorado, good dude.

Lets just hope in insured it accurately, the investigators no their stuff and will verify the engine, etc., is as stated in the policy. Friends boat sunk several years ago. They couldnt recover it off the bottom for some reason so it was left there. The insurance investigator dove on the wreck, opened the hatch and found a whipple on there.......claim denied.

HCP3

Reaction score
Lets just hope in insured it accurately, the investigators no their stuff and will verify the engine, etc., is as stated in the policy. Friends boat sunk several years ago. They couldnt recover it off the bottom for some reason so it was left there. The insurance investigator dove on the wreck, opened the hatch and found a whipple on there.......claim denied.

100% denied without compensation because he did not report the horsepower correctly? Yikes.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
100% denied without compensation because he did not report the horsepower correctly? Yikes.

Correct......and also clear your GPS speedo tattle tale function from time to time if by chance your boat somehow goes faster than the stated top speed on the policy. Yes, I know an adjuster, they are sharp, its their job.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One more time for the reading comprehension impaired..

The boat was insured by the new owner and it is already being handled.

@boatpi to be clear, had the boat been defective etc or if it turned out to be the fault of Horizon then Preston would just buy it back is what I was getting at.

There’s a bunch of internet trolls implying that you shouldn’t by a boat from horizon because of this, and I was saying Preston is literally one of the most stand up guys in the industry. I have bought three boats from them and I know him personally.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If it makes you feel better @RiverDave ,

Some of us are "Vultures"...not "Trolls";)
Even though I just want to help the enviornment by recycling:rolleyes:
(...and I'm a cheap bastard:D)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
How about this? It can be in stock in a couple of business days. :looking:

5F2D36E0-8F9A-4563-9DD8-D3711AED7C5A.jpeg

gqchris

Reaction score

BNAG!!!

DWC

Reaction score
That’s a SOB there. Didn’t know they were that detailed.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

That is dedication...

rush1

Reaction score
Preston is a straight up guy ,if your financing that boat ,that boat isn't leaving the lot with out proof of insurance that's just the way it works.I guarantee Preston is taking care of everything.I bought my boat there and I'll buy next boat there ,because of Preston.:cool:

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
Difference between dealing with a guy like Preston and other outfits is Preston will 100% make this right.

The true testament to a company isn’t when things are peachy and going 100% right. The testament to a company is when things go wrong and how they handle it.
Preston is a straight up guy!!!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
One more time for the reading comprehension impaired..

The boat was insured by the new owner and it is already being handled.

@boatpi to be clear, had the boat been defective etc or if it turned out to be the fault of Horizon then Preston would just buy it back is what I was getting at.

There’s a bunch of internet trolls implying that you shouldn’t by a boat from horizon because of this, and I was saying Preston is literally one of the most stand up guys in the industry. I have bought three boats from them and I know him personally.

Funny how people miss the common sense portion of these things.

The boat and or vehicle purchases I've made have always been covered by insurance prior to taking possession. It's real simple. I call my insurance agent, tell him what I'm purchasing, how much I'm paying, License plate or V.I.N. / H.I.N and when I'm picking it up. The response has always been "You are covered, just bring it to me for pictures." It has never been... well the seller is responsible for X amount of days or hours so if anything happens they are responsible.

Sounds to me like Preston is a stand up guy and had every intention to make things right even though he was/is not legally responsible to do so. If I ever need get the chance to step up my boating game he will be on the short list of people I work with.

DWC

Reaction score
Cleary the guy who made the meme has a bone with Horizon...
The Instagram account is pretty ruthless. Lots of “scarcasim”. Mostly funny, mostly painful for the target.