WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat stereo upgrade

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Looking for a reputable stereo shop in SoCal to upgrade the system in my day cruiser.

Want to go with a Bluetooth head unit four 8” speakers and maybe a couple subs and an amp.

All I have near me in Upland is Transonic.

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Looking for a reputable stereo shop in SoCal to upgrade the system in my day cruiser.

Want to go with a Bluetooth head unit four 8” speakers and maybe a couple subs and an amp.

Extreme Autosound in Rancho Cucamonga

10080 Foothill Blvd.

(909) 481-9555

They've done my boat and multiple vehicles. In fact, they did my sons truck today. Not a flashy shop, but highly recommend. And you will be very pleased with their prices.

TimeBandit

Reaction score

Jose is the man. I have seen amazing boat installs they did.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Wired 4 Sound Davie, or Speed of Sound Michael, are who I’d go to.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Transinic? I’ve always used them for a quality system.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score

Carlos at “The art of sound” in upland. Won’t be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank0088

Reaction score
What would be a ball park price for a stereo upgrade these days? I have heard $5-8k for some average products. I would like to upgrade mine but that price scares me. Plus I can never listen to my own music because everyone else has there’s up so loud.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Al and Ed’s autosoubd is bear you and have done a lot of members stereos over the years

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What would be a ball park price for a stereo upgrade these days? I have heard $5-8k for some average products. I would like to upgrade mine but that price scares me. Plus I can never listen to my own music because everyone else has there’s up so loud.

That all depends on what ya want and what you are buying. That ball park sounds about right though for decent equipment and a couple subs with components (2 amps / head unit etc)

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
What’s wrong with Transinic? I’ve always used them for a quality system.

Nothing is wrong with them that I know of. I wanted to see who else the inmates were using in my area for their boats and maybe who to stay away from.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with them that I know of. I wanted to see who else the inmates were using in my area for their boats and maybe who to stay away from.
Good call. I've used them for several trucks of mine but no boats

Dirtbag

Reaction score
You can build a kick ass JL audio system for 5-8k. How much they charge for install i have no idea

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
The Transonic in Ontario is not the same one that was in Upland. The one that was in Upland that was owned by Mike Pongs did awesome work. The one in Ontario is more a lift kit, accessories install place. They do install stereo’s but not to the quality of the old one.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Extreme Autosound in Rancho Cucamonga

10080 Foothill Blvd.

(909) 481-9555

They've done my boat and multiple vehicles. In fact, they did my sons truck today. Not a flashy shop, but highly recommend. And you will be very pleased with their prices.

Went by yesterday super nice guy and very knowledgeable, you were right I was really surprised by his quote. And he guarantees his work for life I’ll be taking my boat there next week after my 3 new batteries show up.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Waiting patiently for the next guy to come in and post that his cost $20k....

I put $5k worth of retail stereo equipment & install into a boat I paid $5k for (I sourced all components, built boxes, and installed everything myself). Does that count?

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I put $5k worth of retail stereo equipment & install into a boat I paid $5k for (I sourced all components, built boxes, and installed everything myself). Does that count?

You do get bonus points for installing a stereo system that cost as much as the boat....but there are always out-do'ers around here....so still waiting...LOL

pull-on

Roofers do it on top.
Reaction score
Went by yesterday super nice guy and very knowledgeable, you were right I was really surprised by his quote. And he guarantees his work for life I’ll be taking my boat there next week after my 3 new batteries show up.

sooooo? did you get this done?

HPBoats83

Reaction score
Shows how naive I am, I was hoping to upgrade my stereo this year for 2-3,000. Sounds like I’ll get 1 new speaker for that.

Icky

Reaction score
Shows how naive I am, I was hoping to upgrade my stereo this year for 2-3,000. Sounds like I’ll get 1 new speaker for that.

Depends what you want, you don't need to spend 15k to get a decent stereo. When you start adding custom boxes, ridiculously expensive subs and speakers then it get up there quick. Talk to a few stereo shops and tell them what your budget is, you can always expand on it later. Batteries get expensive as well

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

Check out Boss Audio, they are not the best that money can buy, but they are the best bang for the buck. My $1,200 stereo can hold its own against $5,000 or so JL or WetSounds system....

Running six 6x9s, two 6.5 coaxials, and two free-air 10" subs. Boss amps and speakers powered by a Kenwood deck

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score

Pacific Stereo In Riverside

Badchoices03

Reaction score

I put a Kenwood head unit, (4) Kicker 6x9's, (1) Kicker 12" Sub/box, powered by (1) 800w 5 Channel MB Quart Marine amp, did the install myself, all for about $800 including all the wiring, so for $2000 - $3000 you should be able to do something good.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

You can do a nice setup for that.

I have about $1700 into mine. (8) 6x9s, (1) 5 channel 1000 watt amp (1) 10 inch sub in a custom box, and new head unit.

It is the marine speakers that drive up the price significantly. My boat already had 6x9s from the factory so I stuck with those.

I sourced and bought all my own parts, I just had a shop build the custom sub box and cut holes for 1 extra set of speakers and wire those up. I swapped out the amp, head unit, and original 6 speakers myself.

To have a shop do it all and completely re wire the boat, the estimate was around $2700 I believe.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
sooooo? did you get this done?

Yes I went and visited a couple shops and got prices.

I am dropping boat off next week at Xtreme Auto Sound. After talking with him and telling him what I wanted we agreed on which brand and a price. He guarantees his work for life and the price was very very fair.

traquer

Reaction score
Yes I went and visited a couple shops and got prices.

I am dropping boat off next week at Xtreme Auto Sound. After talking with him and telling him what I wanted we agreed on which brand and a price. He guarantees his work for life and the price was very very fair.
How'd it turn out?

I'm looking to put two 6x9s and four 6.5 coaxials along with an amp and basic head-unit in mine. I don't need a sub, I found that 2 6x9's under the rear bench have a decent amount of bass in a small boat.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
It turned out great and am very happy with the sound this system puts out.

And the price was was more then fair. The only thing I had to do was tell his guys to remove their shoes right before they hopped in for the first time.

RCDave

Reaction score
Installing a boat system isn't Rocket science. If one is willing to put some hours into it, a top notch system can be had for a very reasonable price....

If I can do it, anyone can