WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Storage Loft Build

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
I have a great storage, our new speedster was coming last year, so I decided to clean the place up. My Father came down to help me and together we made a storage unit in to a great boat shop/man cave.

Before
IMG_2482.jpg
IMG_2401.jpg

Under Construction
IMG_2517.jpg
IMG_2518.jpg
My Dad layed out the stair stingers, smart man
IMG_2522.jpg
IMG_2523.jpg
View from finished loft
IMG_2782.jpg IMG_3416.jpg
Need to do the concrete floor next.
Up-grade to loft:
IMG_3519.jpg

boataholic

Reaction score
Sweet garage... the loft area is a perfect place for man cave, poker table, tv. Congrats...

Singleton

Reaction score
Sweet setup. The storage unit I purchased in Havasu had a loft in it. Would of been perfect, but the loft was 6" to low to fit my boat and was not approved by the HOA before installation. Had to have seller remove it to complete the purchase since HOA was not going to approve it.

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Sweet setup. The storage unit I purchased in Havasu had a loft in it. Would of been perfect, but the loft was 6" to low to fit my boat and was not approved by the HOA before installation. Had to have seller remove it to complete the purchase since HOA was not going to approve it.

That blows. The lofts really save space.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Nice job. I love mezzanines, might want to get some fans, it be noticeably warmer "up there"

Rails are for pussies!!! Live dangerously!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is more or less exactly what I want to do in my Havasu garage!!

RD

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Awesome job!

So I am going to post a bad pic of my loft I built but I approached it a little different. Did not want to lose any floor space with vertical posts so I used two steel I beams. Tied one end into a door header and the other reinforced inwall - it was a pain in the ass but looks pretty sweet now that it is finished off. The beam has a come along winch so you can lift jet skis etc etc. I decided not to build stairs or railing because I really want to be the only one up there.

This pic is last weekend - I put everything in house garage into RV (I am starting a new garage project).

image.jpg

El Guapo

HAVING FUN
Reaction score
Awesome job!

So I am going to post a bad pic of my loft I built but I approached it a little different. Did not want to lose any floor space with vertical posts so I used two steel I beams. Tied one end into a door header and the other reinforced inwall - it was a pain in the ass but looks pretty sweet now that it is finished off. The beam has a come along winch so you can lift jet skis etc etc. I decided not to build stairs or railing because I really want to be the only one up there.

This pic is last weekend - I put everything in house garage into RV (I am starting a new garage project).

Vertical posts suck, but had to do it in mine.. your loft without the vertical posts looks really great to me... Nice Work.