WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat storage

70sangersean

Reaction score
Anybody know of any available indoor boat storage in Parker or Havasu ?
Thanks !

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anybody know of any available indoor boat storage in Parker or Havasu ?
Thanks !

Honestly at this point I don't.. If something comes up though and you find an extra unit post it up, there's a lot of people looking.

RD

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Give jake at j&c storage in parker a try.
928-231-2537

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
If you find something you better hold onto it. I’m guessing storage rates are going to be getting jacked up in the next year or two with the shortage of availability. If I could find a 40’ Storage condo for sale at a decent price I would probably buy it.

Andy01

Reaction score
If you find something you better hold onto it. I’m guessing storage rates are going to be getting jacked up in the next year or two with the shortage of availability. If I could find a 40’ Storage condo for sale at a decent price I would probably buy it.

What’s a decent price? We can help with active listings for them all over town. They generally run right at $40,000.
You can call me if you’d like me to look for one.
Andy Holthe
928 412 1883
Reality Executives

jones performance

Reaction score
your pretty much gonna have top call around. to get mine i called the places i wanted to store at 2-3 times a week until one opened up. you may have to settle for one bigger than you need as well just to get something. most of the places i called didnt maintain a wait list either, they all said your the x number of calls i have had today alone.. i dont need a list to fill units.

Dmangus

Reaction score
Loc N leave in Havasu have a few for sale.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
When I was looking for my storage in Parker, I drove by places, called, left messages. I was focused basically on storage spots between Bobby Ds ans Roadrunner. Of the 8 that I called, 1 called back and left me a message (way too much for way more storage than I needed), and one answered--they had two spots.

That was about 3 summers ago, but it feels like there's a lot more boats on the river now.

I've been there ever since, but yeah it took some work. My cousin calls the same spot to find storage for his boat from time to time, and so far he's struck out.

RVRKID

Reaction score
A lady just posted this on FB on RiverWhips page:
Are you looking for Indoor, climate controlled, full concierge boat storage in Lake Havasu? Great news!! Our new building was just completed so we have plenty of room, however, it’s filling up FAST!!
Located 1 mile from Windsor Launch Ramp at 3006 London Bridge Road. Give me a call, I can do everything electronically/over the phone so you have a spot when you get here!!
Lake Havasu VIP Storage (928)764-5504

WillyWonka

Reaction score
Why is indoor storage difficult to find in Havasu? My friend keeps saying we need to buy land and put up buildings. Is there no raw land available for this in the area? I would imagine with the demand, someone would be trying to solve this problem.

hallett21

Reaction score
Why is indoor storage difficult to find in Havasu? My friend keeps saying we need to buy land and put up buildings. Is there no raw land available for this in the area? I would imagine with the demand, someone would be trying to solve this problem.

I’ve ran the numbers before and all in you’re probably looking at a 12-14 year payback on your money if you paid cash the whole way.

It’s probably longer since you’ll have good and bad years.

My little conservative idea

20 units 12ft x 40ft with 14ft door = 9,600 square ft. Doesn’t include an office, bathroom or the driveway in between the row of 10 units on each side. The driveway will need to be minimum 120x30ft. You’ll also need gates, electrical, plumbing, drainage, potentially sewer. Haven’t talked about climate control.

Let’s say you could do the whole thing for $40 a ft which feels low to me. You’re at roughly 400,000 with the driveway in the middle, gates etc. call it 425,000 to be safe.

Being generous with an immediate 80% occupancy at 250 a month you’ll break even in 8.9 years. But that’s straight profit. No overhead, no taxes etc.

Long term I think storage facilities are a cash cow just gotta get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I’ve ran the numbers before and all in you’re probably looking at a 12-14 year payback on your money if you paid cash the whole way.

20 units 12ft x 40ft with 14ft door = 9,600 square ft. Doesn’t include an office, bathroom or the driveway in between the row of 10 units on each side. The driveway will need to be minimum 120x30ft. You’ll also need gates, electrical, plumbing, drainage, potentially sewer. Haven’t talked about climate control.

Let’s say you could do the whole thing for $40 a ft which feels low to me. You’re at roughly 400,000 with the driveway in the middle, gates etc. call it 425,000 to be safe.

Being generous with an immediate 80% occupancy at 250 a month you’ll break even in 8.9 years. But that’s straight profit. No overhead, no taxes etc.

You forgot fire sprinklers..:D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
45 with non union labor :D
Its is AZ. :D The sprinklers in the units would be the cheapest part. Installing a new 4-6" fire service and underground pipes is where the costs will be.

hallett21

Reaction score
Its is AZ. :D The sprinklers in the units would be the cheapest part. Installing a new 4-6" fire service and underground pipes is where the costs will be.

I’ve never seen it but could you install some sort of ansul system instead of the sprinklers and make it work?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I’ve never seen it but could you install some sort of ansul system instead of the sprinklers and make it work?

Ansul is a dry chemical system. Its mainly used in commercial kitchens.

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Riverland on the Ca side of Parker strip has an XL unit. I know because we just left there after they hiked our monthly to $325 a month for a 14x40’

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score

This is where I store my boat. 32 units (maybe 34-36 I can’t recall). Two rows of 16+ with a driveway, electric gate, lights and power in each unit. Some units are 40’ and some are 50’. No office, no climate control, nada. My 50’ is $250 a month which is a steal considering I was paying $190 for a 35’ in needles before I moved here. Not sure what the guy is making but if I had to guess, 16 x $250 + 16 x $225 (40’ price) = $7600 a month x 12 = $91,200. Let’s say it only cost $500k to build, it ain’t taking him long to recoup and make money out the ass!

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

BajaMike

Reaction score
How about Campbell’s. I used to like storing there, they wash the boat, service it and launch it when I didn’t have my truck.

JuevosRancheros

Reaction score
I just took my boat out of Abstract in Needles because I bought a house in Willow Valley. I know Andrew was close to opening a new place in Havasu behind Hobby Lobby. Supposed to have air conditioned units and he was hoping to have it open by Memorial Day. Give Andrew a call.

Shane54

Reaction score
Juevos, welcome to the WV trailerhood! Where did you buy at? We are on the corner of King and Canadian.

To the OP, I know you are looking in Havasu, but we also moved our boat from Abstract as well and over to Billy B's in Needles. Billy's place is top notch, and it's always fun to see all the cool projects he has going on in his shop.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I just took my boat out of Abstract in Needles because I bought a house in Willow Valley. I know Andrew was close to opening a new place in Havasu behind Hobby Lobby. Supposed to have air conditioned units and he was hoping to have it open by Memorial Day. Give Andrew a call.
My neighbor is building these, they are not traditional units but a 3 big buildings. Not sure how they are going to run it yet though.

D19

Reaction score
My friend is getting ready to break ground on a new facility near the Loves.
Some will be for rent, some for sale.