WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Windshields/Custom Plexiglas

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Anybody know of a good place to have a nice boat windshield done somewhere around the OC? I tried OC Boat Windows and Jay says he can't do it. I guess I can have Finneys in Havasu do it, but I'd probably have to wait until winter to get the boat over there.

Is there no place else that can bend plexiglas into the shape of a windshield?

manxman

Reaction score
Anybody know of a good place to have a nice boat windshield done somewhere around the OC? I tried OC Boat Windows and Jay says he can't do it. I guess I can have Finneys in Havasu do it, but I'd probably have to wait until winter to get the boat over there.

Is there no place else that can bend plexiglas into the shape of a windshield?
Do you have a picture of the window? I might be able to help. www.mgmplastics.com

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of the window? I might be able to help. www.mgmplastics.com

I have several pictures of the windshield that I want. It is currently on my 34 Eliminator, but I need one made for the 43 Eliminator I'm buying. It would be a question of measuring the boat, which is currently at Team Archer in Costa Mesa for the next couple of days. I'm happy to work with you guys on it if you're willing.

Reactions: DWC

manxman

Reaction score
I have several pictures of the windshield that I want. It is currently on my 34 Eliminator, but I need one made for the 43 Eliminator I'm buying. It would be a question of measuring the boat, which is currently at Team Archer in Costa Mesa for the next couple of days. I'm happy to work with you guys on it if you're willing.
is it a one piece curve? or flat, or canopy style?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
is it a one piece curve? or flat, or canopy style?

4 piece curve, but only two of the pieces are curved. Doesn't have to be 4 pieces though. Here are some pics...
123CC13D-F60B-4689-8165-06B791007E24.jpeg
81F49BBF-7299-4DC5-B0ED-F231709B5E62.jpeg
372FB449-C878-4C80-94C2-5274DB7F624E.jpeg
87EDEA3B-3891-41F0-8B02-69F4A3075B11.jpeg

CE8A9F60-33D3-4B5A-818D-64F9EA177B82.jpeg

Flyinfiddy

Reaction score
Acrylic designs in Anaheim. Not sure, but worth a try. They made me some replacement windscreen/deflectors for my carrera party effect.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I wanna say there is a guy in OC (?) Martinez that does custom boat windscreens. Someone should be along shortly with more detailed info.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Jay 714-577-0632
He’s in Santa Ana and did a great job for me

He says he can't do this one. Didn't seem very motivated to figure it out and put much effort in even after I offered to pay him extra. Not much of a can-do attitude and I had to follow up with him continuously (many texts and a few voice mails that were not replied to) to finally get an answer that he couldn't do the job. I hear his craftsmanship is good, but not sure I can recommend him based on my experience.

Reactions: FCT

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Who is the guy in Havasu?

Maybe Finneys is what you are thinking of unless there's another one? Going to be winter before I can get the boat to Havasu, so looking for a place local to OC.

FCT

Reaction score
He says he can't do this one. Didn't seem very motivated to figure it out and put much effort in even after I offered to pay him extra. Not much of a can-do attitude and I had to follow up with him continuously (many texts and a few voice mails that were not replied to) to finally get an answer that he couldn't do the job. I hear his craftsmanship is good, but not sure I can recommend him based on my experience.
That’s a bummer. I had the complete opposite experience and mine wasnt a common windscreen and actually looks similar to your style. It’s been probably 5 years since he did mine though 🤷‍♂️

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
That’s a bummer. I had the complete opposite experience and mine wasnt a common windscreen and actually looks similar to your style. It’s been probably 5 years since he did mine though 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I was disappointed. Thought he would be able to knock it out. Not trying to make a call out thread, but just relaying my experience and what's causing me to try and find an alternative. Hoping @manxman might be able to help out.

Reactions: FCT

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Yeah, I was disappointed. Thought he would be able to knock it out. Not trying to make a call out thread, but just relaying my experience and what's causing me to try and find an alternative. Hoping @manxman might be able to help out.
That’s who I’d be calling, he’s a bad ass as fiberglass and plastic.

Duramax

Reaction score
I think Jay at OC has some specific molds maybe, but something different may be too much? I tried Finneys but, wow, I could not get a ballpark price, a ballpark time, a ball park anything. Not very friendly or confidence inspiring.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Why not get one from Eliminator?

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Why not get one from Eliminator?

That's an idea, but they only made 6 of the 43s and I'm not sure they did windshields for them. I'll call and ask though.

Edit: Called Eliminator and they referred me back to Jay, saying that's where they get their windshields from. Already found out that won't work, so still looking for options...

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
That's an idea, but they only made 6 of the 43s and I'm not sure they did windshields for them. I'll call and ask though.

Edit: Called Eliminator and they referred me back to Jay, saying that's where they get their windshields from. Already found out that won't work, so still looking for options...

Sometimes templates disappear over time. I know windshield products were only ever in the hands of few builders and one of the guys lost all his templates.

I wonder if "cant" really means that, or if means "I dont want to".

If it's the latter you now know your relative importance as a client.

You could try Shields, but they will ask for templates. Whatever you do hold onto the pieces you have so at least someone could make a template from them.

Last edited:

96motorhead

Reaction score
I've never used these guys for custom projects but I know they do a lot of custom work with plastics.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Sometimes templates disappear over time. I know windshield products were only ever in the hands of few builders and one of the guys lost all his templates.

I wonder if "cant" really means that, or if means "I dont want to".

If it's the latter you now know your relative importance as a client.

You could try Shields, but they will ask for templates. Whatever you do hold onto the pieces you have so at least someone could make a template from them.

In any case, I kind of know what my importance as a client is at this point. There was not a lot of willingness to put some effort into this one, even after an offer to pay extra. I guess either too busy or just doesn't want to do something that might not have a template.

I don't have any pieces for this boat as it never had a windshield to begin with. If I have to, I'll go spend some time on making a mock windshield out of card stock and copper tubing so a plastics place can form the plexiglas for me.

racektm

Reaction score
I wanna say there is a guy in OC (?) Martinez that does custom boat windscreens. Someone should be along shortly with more detailed info.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
You can try 'KP Fab' in Costa Mesa.
Kevin Pfieff is a really good guy. He did a windshield for my Dads Boston Whaler, and he's done a bunch of the 'Venturi-type' on the flying bridges of larger sportfishing boats. His oven may or may not be able to fit your job inside. I haven't spoken to him in a year or so, so I can't vouch for how busy he is or isn't, but he's good at what he does.
If it's not his deal, or he can't get to it, he may know someone who can, he's been in the marine industry for decades.

Last edited:

manxman

Reaction score
sorry, no can do on this one. You need a huge oven to curve a piece like that. Use to have one, but don't anymore. Not to mention a mold needs to be made to get it held in place. We can do more the flat heat bent styles, but I am not set up to do large curves anymore. Sorry.

rush1

Reaction score

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
sorry, no can do on this one. You need a huge oven to curve a piece like that. Use to have one, but don't anymore. Not to mention a mold needs to be made to get it held in place. We can do more the flat heat bent styles, but I am not set up to do large curves anymore. Sorry.
@2FORCEFULL who was the guy in havasu that did the Hallett 210 windshields for us
finneys