WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boating Accident

4Waters

Reaction score
Holy shit 😳!! They were all screaming by the time the videos started rolling so I'm sure shit had been falling already before the big chunk fell.

nowski

Reaction score
Your in what you'd think is a quiet safe zone and all hell breaks loose, I couldn't imagine. Looks like that red boat hit the gas just in time...

4Waters

Reaction score
We don't know what they did, I can tell you I would have gotten my family out regrouped with other boats and gone back with my family safe on another boat

riverroyal

Reaction score
Mother nature wins again
Beautiful location.

500bbc

Reaction score
Looks like the strip on a Saturday when a trio of wake surfers cruise by.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Holy shit!

I can’t believe they all kept driving away?
I don’t know, that much water suddenly displaced by that huge rock in what looked like a closed in cove could create a tidal wave that could swamp all those boats. My first thought would be put a little distance between my family and the event then head back to lend assistance after a few minutes.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Fake news cnn says 6 died. Fox news says 2 but either way very sad.

rrrr

Reaction score
One boat was crowded, and the fracture fell on top of it. I can't imagine anyone surviving that. The red boat was swamped and I think it overturned. Anyone in it could easily have drowned.

Taboma

Reaction score
Wondering what this lake, that canyon and area looked like, I found this. Some of you may enjoy the musica, or not. 🥴 Wasn't what I was expecting for Brazil, obviously a much drier climate than I'm accustomed to seeing in the Amazon region.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Holy shit!

I can’t believe they all kept driving away?

Maybe they were afraid of some kind of Tsunami like when the glaciers fall?

At least that’s what I hope because you have to be a special person to just abandon people like that.

nowski

Reaction score
Well now I know what it would look like if the rock across from Echo fell..
I'm sure you could hear it cracking before it came down. That's something to keep in mind when near any cliffs while boating, hiking or off-roading...

98special

Reaction score
Prayers to all that were involved.
Same thing can happen at Powell. The shit can get real in a hurry.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
I've been looking at a lot of these videos. The last one shows what kinds of warnings they got. My take is that any boats moving away were the smart ones, AND protecting their customers. Most look like small charter/commercial tourism boats with Captains. I'd like to see video of the wave coming all the way out of the canyon. I bet all of these boats were tossed around. That's a shit ton of displaced water.