Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
187345mike2B.jpg

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
it wasn't fair but it was fun.

I hear that you were in Havasu recently for test and tune. If so, where's the RDP interview? :confused:

motormonkey

Reaction score
Am I seeing things, like your pump moving enough for you steering cables to slack under power.
Thanks for sharing the journey, reminds me of the HotBoat days of tech and horsepower.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Cool vid. Great to see it coming along 👍

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Am I seeing things, like your pump moving enough for you steering cables to slack under power.
Thanks for sharing the journey, reminds me of the HotBoat days of tech and horsepower.
I'm gonna guess its more likely that it pulls slightly right so he has a little bit of left steering input which makes the cable closest to the camera become the "push" cable and go slack.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
It's because I'm steering the boat a bit.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Living vicariously through this

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
At the beginning of the vid, you hinted about messing with either loader or impeller. That was kind of a question I had, what type of loader setup does something like that run? Your boat comes out of the hole like a trans braked promod. Sounds real good too. Thanks for the video!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Haven't been in Havasu in months. RDP does interviews? I thought Dave just organized parades n shit now? :)
He needs your endorsement for mayor of LHC :cool:

Boat 405

Reaction score
At the beginning of the vid, you hinted about messing with either loader or impeller. That was kind of a question I had, what type of loader setup does something like that run? Your boat comes out of the hole like a trans braked promod. Sounds real good too. Thanks for the video!
The impeller is a size thing. It just needs to be matched to the rpm range that you plan on using it most at. The loader is a whole other can of worms.

Each loader has multiple unique measurements.

How far the ramps start measured from the front of the loader pad.

How long the ramps are.

How deep the leading edge of the ramps are from the loader pad

How high or low the trailing edge of the ramps are from the inside roof of the jet drive.

Also you can get into blockers on loaders too, on my daytona I don't use any blockers. You can have flat blockers, V blockers. Lots of different elements to loader. Definitely not a one size fits all.

To give an example. I had 4 different loaders built at one time to do back to back testing. Each loader had only one parameter changed which was the depth of the leading edge in 1/8" increments.

Thats just loaders, you also have a few different types of inducers, how far forward or back the inducer is mounted in the jet drive from the impeller.
You also have a shoe with shim stacks to adjust shoe depth, not to mention angle of the shoe, flat, tapered, or backcut and mouth opening.
You have ride plates, droops, nozzle sizes... the list is quite long.

On a new boat you could take years of racing to figure out what works best for your boat.

Nordie

Reaction score
I was hoping Cyclone was going to touch on it a little more in the video as far as hardware changes. I was guessing loader or he tried a different shoe.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Hardware setups are a bit sacred. If you’re going racing it’s not something you want to go out of your way to advertise. Sort of like the family holiday dish and recipe.

cyclone

Reaction score
I was hoping Cyclone was going to touch on it a little more in the video as far as hardware changes. I was guessing loader or he tried a different shoe.
Boat 405 provided great insight in his post. As it pertains to Game Over..the issue I have is that the boat leaves hard and then two seconds into the run it feels like its being tugged backwards and then it surges forward. It's not porpoising, the boat isn't hopping up and down, and the engine rpm doesn't vary greatly during the run, it doesn't hit the rev limiter etc. On the data system I'm monitoring pressure coming into and out of the jet pump in several places. What I see there is that the inlet pressure builds to about 35 psi and then falls off. Bowl pressure builds and then falls. The most telling data I have seen so far is from a vacuum sensor mounted to the keel of the boat. As the boat leaves the line the vacuum increases and then right as the inlet pressure falls, so does the keel vacuum. The boat seems to be running out of water. To combat this, I've lowered the shoe several times in an effort to pick up more water. I began with the biting edge of the shoe about 1/4 inch above the keel and it is now 1/6-inch below the keel. Lowering the shoe has not increased the water pressure coming into the pump or made the boat run further down track before it runs out of water. I believe this is because I'm running a flat shoe and as I shim the shoe downward, the ride plate also is lowered in the water with the shoe. The boat ends up riding higher and higher every time I lower the shoe. It's my belief that the boat needs a tapered shoe, that can be shimmed downward without lowering the ride plate significantly. That will be the next part I test. I'd really like to go to a track but there are no races near me so I'll keep testing at my home lake until the boat actually works well enough to be competitive.

cyclone

Reaction score
Hardware setups are a bit sacred. If you’re going racing it’s not something you want to go out of your way to advertise. Sort of like the family holiday dish and recipe.
Drag boat racing needs all the help it can get in terms of growth so I'll tell anyone anything about my boat, motor etc if it will help them get their boat on the water.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Boat 405 provided great insight in his post. As it pertains to Game Over..the issue I have is that the boat leaves hard and then two seconds into the run it feels like its being tugged backwards and then it surges forward. It's not porpoising, the boat isn't hopping up and down, and the engine rpm doesn't vary greatly during the run, it doesn't hit the rev limiter etc. On the data system I'm monitoring pressure coming into and out of the jet pump in several places. What I see there is that the inlet pressure builds to about 35 psi and then falls off. Bowl pressure builds and then falls. The most telling data I have seen so far is from a vacuum sensor mounted to the keel of the boat. As the boat leaves the line the vacuum increases and then right as the inlet pressure falls, so does the keel vacuum. The boat seems to be running out of water. To combat this, I've lowered the shoe several times in an effort to pick up more water. I began with the biting edge of the shoe about 1/4 inch above the keel and it is now 1/6-inch below the keel. Lowering the shoe has not increased the water pressure coming into the pump or made the boat run further down track before it runs out of water. I believe this is because I'm running a flat shoe and as I shim the shoe downward, the ride plate also is lowered in the water with the shoe. The boat ends up riding higher and higher every time I lower the shoe. It's my belief that the boat needs a tapered shoe, that can be shimmed downward without lowering the ride plate significantly. That will be the next part I test. I'd really like to go to a track but there are no races near me so I'll keep testing at my home lake until the boat actually works well enough to be competitive.

I'm impressed at the amount of data logging points/sensors you have on game over. (Hull vacuum, hooda thunk?) NASA would be impressed...

Dan'l

cyclone

Reaction score
I'm impressed at the amount of data logging points/sensors you have on game over. (Hull vacuum, hooda thunk?) NASA would be impressed...

Dan'l
off the top of my head I'm monitoring:
(2) o2 sensors
(8) exhaust gas temp sensors
TPS, MAT, MAP, Engine vacuum, barometer, gps, g meter, oil psi, fuel psi, water psi (engine cooling system), oil temp, water temp, and several others I can't think of now. lol

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
2 places on the front side of the impeller?
Bowl pressure.
Intake vacuum.
Hull vacuum.

Dan'l

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Is the shape of the bottom of the boat in combination with the different shoes causing the water to deflect from the outlet at a certain speed?

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
Drag boat racing needs all the help it can get in terms of growth so I'll tell anyone anything about my boat, motor etc if it will help them get their boat on the water.
Pretty much any type of boat racing needs help sadly. Loved the youtube vids on the progression of the boat,,,,come a long way and turned out awesome.
Lmao,,,,I still say a built turbo ski would be a great race 😇. The amount of untapped HP in a 1.8 SVHO Yamaha motor is borderline criminal.🤣

BlowMe

Reaction score
Pretty much any type of boat racing needs help sadly. Loved the youtube vids on the progression of the boat,,,,come a long way and turned out awesome.
Lmao,,,,I still say a built turbo ski would be a great race 😇. The amount of untapped HP in a 1.8 SVHO Yamaha motor is borderline criminal.🤣

Buddy out here in Missouri has a Kawasaki and he is turning it up to 23 pounds of boost this year....it is fuckin insane to watch him launch!

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
Buddy out here in Missouri has a Kawasaki and he is turning it up to 23 pounds of boost this year....it is fuckin insane to watch him launch!
Lmao....there is no way to describe it in words to someone. Only thing close to it would be if you ever launched a pro stock or pro mod drag bike....your hanging on for dear life while paying attention to everything else necessary to not get tossed off like a lawn dart. And like drag bikes you can quickly mod the usefulness and overall ride ability of the ski straight out the window. There is a learning curve when going from stock to a 350+hp ski and you can potentially kill one of your novice riding buddy's if not careful before letting them take it for a spin. Totally been a fun new distraction for my HP A,D,D, as my wife calls it,. Hey it's keeping me from buying new different cleavers to test on my OL😋, The look on the wife's face when she heard it for the first time after mods was priceless.(rear exit open water box exhaust that wakes the dead in near by states) and I pretty much knew I was in deep shit but totally worth every penny spent so far in my book👍 PLZ Keep me posted on how things go with your buddy, The 310r Kaw is a bad ass ski.

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

Orange boost or whatever out of Florida has built some retardly fast turbo skid for Florida drags