WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boating - Lake Norman, NC

Duffster

Reaction score
Longways from Havasu/Zoo waters and running from the Springs up to the 40hwy bridge back in the days. Now out here in NC running on big Lake Norman with a west coast boat is pretty cool. Sometimes a little crazy on the weekends but you own it during the week just like Havasu. Here are some pictures.
4390BD78-1CB9-4E0D-B1F7-6A13380A920E.jpeg
25469C67-7E8C-4A35-93F2-907BACDAA279.jpeg
B72188B3-7283-49FA-8C11-A868936C70DE.jpeg
06AABE14-7C60-4415-93E0-06F04A48F7B3.jpeg
A2F19CC1-CE67-41DA-AEEF-789B74355C96.jpeg
94F1DF3F-A25F-42F8-82C9-F25CAD999BAA.jpeg
F716A1F1-E968-4C58-84B5-7CC7F0A7C47F.jpeg
8FDA607E-78DA-445D-AA5A-16D6691DCB26.jpeg
174ABB00-C1ED-47FE-83D3-C8967A59D42A.jpeg

615F3FE8-2DB2-436B-8EFC-FF235F56FF95.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Got a buddy who built a lake front place there maybe 5 years back. Said plenty of nascar dudes running nice boats on it... they sold after first or second summer due to mosquitos freaking wifey out.... said she couldn't even get out on dock. Now they're back in SoCal. Thats one huge lake for sure.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome lake. Lot of miles to run.

Reactions: DWC

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
Boated there one time a few years back when DCB had a local dealership. Worked in a day of boating during the Coca Cola 600 weekend. Cool lake for sure!

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
You up around that MM20 bouy? Currently closing on a place in Sherrills Ford, and would love a few pics from the water!

Duffster

Reaction score
Got a buddy who built a lake front place there maybe 5 years back. Said plenty of nascar dudes running nice boats on it... they sold after first or second summer due to mosquitos freaking wifey out.... said she couldn't even get out on dock. Now they're back in SoCal. Thats one huge lake for sure.

Yes lots of NASCAR guys in big hp Fountains but mostly pontoons and roll bar boats. Where I live the lake is about 50 yards through the woods from my back yard. We haven’t had any issues with mosquitos at night during the summer. I can hear those big boats running from my house. :)

Duffster

Reaction score
Glad you kept the boat. 👍

Yep me too and I’m keeping my AZ registration. Custom boats from the west coast out here are like back to future. Very few running the lake.

Duffster

Reaction score
You up around that MM20 bouy? Currently closing on a place in Sherrills Ford, and would love a few pics from the water!

Most of those pictures are up lake towards the 40hwy by the LN state park Sherrills Ford area.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Most of those pictures are up lake towards the 40hwy by the LN state park Sherrills Ford area.

I am due east of LN State Park, ~7:00 of the circled mile marker, towards the back of that cove.

Will PM the address. If you could snap a few pics, it would be AWESOME!

Duffster

Reaction score
I am due east of LN State Park, ~7:00 of the circled mile marker, towards the back of that cove.

Will PM the address. If you could snap a few pics, it would be AWESOME!

I can possibly do that for you PM me the address

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yes lots of NASCAR guys in big hp Fountains but mostly pontoons and roll bar boats. Where I live the lake is about 50 yards through the woods from my back yard. We haven’t had any issues with mosquitos at night during the summer. I can hear those big boats running from my house. :)
Glad to hear the mosquitos aren't affecting you.... frankly anyone who moves from SoCal to just about anywhere bitches about bugs amongst other stuff. They went to great detail telling me about some crazy strain of super mosquito larva that came up through the gulf on shipping containers that had rubber tires onboard that trapped water holding larva up from South America. There was a study that tracked the migration of these mosquitos up and over east to the Carolinas if you can believe that lol.

Buddy

Reaction score
No FN way. We moved to mooresville about a yr ago! So much bang for the $$. I'm in a water front neighborhood with a dock slip, rv and boat storage and a bad ass club house and pool overlooking the lake. Were out on our boat at least once a week

Buddy

Reaction score
Where is the first restaurant with the coors sign?

Duffster

Reaction score
Glad to hear the mosquitos aren't affecting you.... frankly anyone who moves from SoCal to just about anywhere bitches about bugs amongst other stuff. They went to great detail telling me about some crazy strain of super mosquito larva that came up through the gulf on shipping containers that had rubber tires onboard that trapped water holding larva up from South America. There was a study that tracked the migration of these mosquitos up and over east to the Carolinas if you can believe that lol.

I lived in California for 50 years and bugs are everywhere. They are not that big of a deal out here. Once in Texas on the coast had a incident with mosquitos penetrating jeans and that was a problem nothing like that out here. In the winter when it gets cold everything dies off.

Duffster

Reaction score
Where is the first restaurant with the coors sign?

The Landing in Terrell. They have a restaurant that’s just a little dive bar next to the launch ramp. Cool little spot to grab a beer or drink by the water.

Duffster

Reaction score
No FN way. We moved to mooresville about a yr ago! So much bang for the $$. I'm in a water front neighborhood with a dock slip, rv and boat storage and a bad ass club house and pool overlooking the lake. Were out on our boat at least once a week

It’s definitely cool out here good vibes.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
That’s retarded...lol. Mosquitoes...lol. I live on Norman now from SCV. That is RIDICULOUS. LKN is closed.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
There are a few. The dentist with the lavey cat with a blown 540 and dry pipes...makes noise

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
What hood?

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
We just had a listing in winslow. Great deal for the sellers...should improve your resale quite a bit!! Really fun neighborhood...great people!

Buddy

Reaction score
We just had a listing in winslow. Great deal for the sellers...should improve your resale quite a bit!! Really fun neighborhood...great people!
Are you a realtor?
We've bought and sold 3 homes in winslow in the last 2 years

motormonkey

Reaction score
If the mosquitos don't get you the alligators will. Haha.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Longways from Havasu/Zoo waters and running from the Springs up to the 40hwy bridge back in the days. Now out here in NC running on big Lake Norman with a west coast boat is pretty cool. Sometimes a little crazy on the weekends but you own it during the week just like Havasu. Here are some pictures.
View attachment 1035600
How long have you had your boat?

Duffster

Reaction score
Here’s some pictures looking behind my house out here.
👍
Now that I see a front quarter pic it's not whose I initially thought. I have a friend that had same boat and same colors but ever so slightly different stripes on the front half.

Yep RD told me he always gets my boat mixed with someone else’s here on the board thats similar.

MOUZER

Reaction score
kyle bush has a house on norman nc now south carolina is closed .....just moved from cali after 61 yrs to lakefront lake keowee SC now i was the last cali they excepted its now closed to all...