WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boating question. Double stitched diamond interior.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Does anyone have it in their boat? Does your wife hate sitting on it? We are trying to finalize our interior, and like how it looks, but the better half thinks it will suck to sit on. Telling her that she will be sitting on a towel on top of it was apparently not the appropriate answer. We opted against the Alcántara already, but still like the diamond in the center of the seat. Here is an example pic for attention.
7A95A0B9-051E-4762-AD46-615D9A5DF8FA.jpeg

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I had to re look at pics of my topcat. Had it done last season. Haven’t noticed any discomfort.
Then reviewed pics and realized only on back of seat on driver and rear bench.
It carries into front bench bottom cushions but I don’t hang out up there.
She’s prob thinking old school tuck n roll type feel where it can pinch your/her bits.
It does not do that. There’s not much bump to it. More like baby soft lump pillows.
Most any of the shops have seats done or in progress that wifey could plop her self into to get a feel.

motormonkey

Reaction score
The diamond pattern should not be flat, it should be raised quite a bit to be right and comfortable so you are not not sitting on the stitching.
All the supercars have this pattern, they all felt comfortable with the Double stitch.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
It is a personal preference, but I think it looks like a 70's jet boat. Just not a style I am fond of. My 1971 Tahiti outboard had diamond stitching, as well as our 74 Hallett cruiser.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Does anyone have it in their boat? Does your wife hate sitting on it? We are trying to finalize our interior, and like how it looks, but the better half thinks it will suck to sit on. Telling her that she will be sitting on a towel on top of it was apparently not the appropriate answer. We opted against the Alcántara already, but still like the diamond in the center of the seat. Here is an example pic for attention. View attachment 965350
So go with octagons? There are lots of options for stitch patterns.
Or opt for some other avenue. Custom is custom, make it yours.
In five years, double stitched diamond pattern interiors will be like the pink and teal of the 90s and the tribal flames of the early 2000s.
Would you believe teal is making a comeback?
F78C590A-B56D-492C-BD4C-96CE9E713081.png

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Wow. I bet it has been a long time since you guys mixed up some of that teal... Our Daytona was a 1988. 🤣🤣
Believe it or not, it’s not the only one coming down the pipe with teal. Different shades but both fall into the realm of teal.
And yeah, been since about 90 or so, lol.

RodnJen

Reaction score
I would be more worried about cleaning than how it feels when I sit on it.

hallett21

Reaction score
I would stick with a classic interior. The diamond stitch is going to looked dated in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

240Hallett

Reaction score
The people that are in the $100K+ boat market can probably afford to upgrade when the current trends aren’t cool anymore.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Hell I have Diamond stitching on my day cruiser and Pink and Teal on my Flat...I dig them both and never had a comment on the stitching, grew up in a 69' Sanger with Diamond stitching as well and cannot recall any complaints

Joe mama

Reaction score
Maybe she’s thinking she will have diamond impressions on her butt cheeks after a day of lounging.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
You'll have to post a picture of her rear end so we can decide if it will look good with a diamond pattern on it. 😜 😁

Jay Dub

Reaction score
I would stick with a classic interior. The diamond stitch is going to looked dated in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
x2 for this. 5-10 years from now it will not be the "cool/new" thing