WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boats for sale

BIGRED9158

Reaction score

Now this is a good deal

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Well… I punted. Just can’t seem to dial in what I want and am absolutely going nuts trying to purchase a boat.

I made an offer on an older, and what appears to be, an extremely clean 35 Fountain. The offer was accepted a hour ago or so. Wouldn’t surprise me if the owner was on here since the boat is local.

Not what I was looking for but, significantly easier on the wallet than what I had in mind. Added plus, 10 years ago I owned an almost identical boat so I know it.

Called Barrett Marine and it looks like they can do a pre-purchase inspection the week after next. Assuming all is good, this means (with any luck) I’ll have a boat for the three weekends between the boat show, Desert Storm and Cat Fest. I had previously planned on attending all three, at least as a spectator.

Next problem is a truck 😳.. I sold my Tundra a couple of days ago and now need to find a decent/appropriate replacement. Thinking crew Dually 4x long bed and of course, used prices haven’t really relented that much yet.

The beat goes on.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Well… I punted. Just can’t seem to dial in what I want and am absolutely going nuts trying to purchase a boat.

I made an offer on an older, and what appears to be, an extremely clean 35 Fountain. The offer was accepted a hour ago or so. Wouldn’t surprise me if the owner was on here since the boat is local.

Not what I was looking for but, significantly easier on the wallet than what I had in mind. Added plus, 10 years ago I owned an almost identical boat so I know it.

Called Barrett Marine and it looks like they can do a pre-purchase inspection the week after next. Assuming all is good, this means (with any luck) I’ll have a boat for the three weekends between the boat show, Desert Storm and Cat Fest. I had previously planned on attending all three, at least as a spectator.

Next problem is a truck 😳.. I sold my Tundra a couple of days ago and now need to find a decent/appropriate replacement. Thinking crew Dually 4x long bed and of course, used prices haven’t really relented that much yet.

The beat goes on.
What power? Lightning or Executioner?

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
What power? Lightning or Executioner?
Haven’t seen it in person yet. Listed as a Lightning but looks liike an Executioner to me. Has a plex windshield.

Doesn’t really matter to me. At this age, condition is everything.

Freshened injected 502s with power flow exhaust and bravos. Single step hull. 4 blade bravo props as well. Myco Trailer. Looks amazingly clean and the broker says even cleaner in person.

I am forever a (I mean life long) optimist, so I am starting to get stoked but, I guess it remains to be seen..

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Haven’t seen it in person yet. Listed as a Lightning but looks liike an Executioner to me. Has a plex windshield.

Freshened injected 502s with power flow exhaust and bravos. Single step hull. 4 blade bravo props as well. Myco Trailer. Looks amazingly clean and the broker says even cleaner in person.

I am forever a (I mean life long) optimist, so I am starting to get stoked but, I guess it remains to be seen..
Is it the one Scott from advantage has for sale? If so it’s a nice looking boat…

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
America First CU is who I use. They will loan on anything no matter the age as long as it books on NADA. They can usually wrap up a loan in a couple days, with no survey. The guys selling loans that aren’t a bank take 2/3 weeks, a survey, a fuck ton of paperwork, and they are making money along with everyone in the chain. I’ve been offered kick backs from a couple that are listed here. I don’t think you’re getting the best deal when three people are getting paid to sell you a loan and it takes three weeks to close. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Paul is in point with this one, I've used america first in the past and they were great they are based out of Utah

Western Flyer

Reaction score

Check the transom REAL thoroughly.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Check the transom REAL thoroughly.
Moisture content / dry rot and soft spots (at various locations) were the reason my last two purchase attempts didn’t work out. While Fountains have a somewhat notorious reputation for this, it is fairly universal amongst older boats.

Seems to me that even composite transom/stringer material is subject to failure (structural anyway) although I suspect it’s harder to identify if the glass isn’t ruptured.