WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bob Hope Honorary Veteran...the Only One

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Just finished watching a documentary film called "The Secret Life of Bob Hope" and within it, I discovered that he was awarded the only "Honorary Veteran" of this country for all that he did over the years entertaining our troops abroad.

It lengthy...1:30 but worth your time if you enjoyed him while growing up.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Who???

I'm just messing with you, you old fart.;)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Who???

I'm just messing with you, you old fart.;)

When you stop and think about his contribution to war efforts spanning World War 2, Korean Conflict, Vietnam War, Middle Eastern Conflict...60 years worth...it is incredible.

rrrr

Reaction score
Good thread topic.

Hope traveled over a million miles to entertain the troops. There were dozens like him...Frances Langford, Jerry Colonna, Marlene Dietrich, Jack Benny, James Cagney, and Humphrey Bogart to name few.

But Bob Hope was the hardest working out of the group. His shows boosted the morale of our troops all around the world, and did it over a span of five decades.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My brother's foundry was commissioned to do the Hope bronze memorial by the Midway in San Diego. There is a representation of every branch and type of service members he entertained. Regular military, reserves, Nurses, etc. if you get up close you can hear Bob's voice from actual shows. Pretty cool.

image.jpg

image.jpg

rrrr

Reaction score
That's really cool. I didn't know that memorial existed.