WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bob Leach to be the GM of Interceptor Boats!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
The main problem for DCB and Nordic is when it comes to the finished product.. the buildings they are in are short on height. When you add the tower snd the upper controls etc shit gets pretty tall pretty quick. Lol
Friend of mine just posted that exact thing about his Mystic CC he just bought lol
4DE38943-45C1-4902-A2C1-2F88A9C41A3C.png

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I wonder this as well, have been hearing about a CC coming out soon from a few of the west coast guys, but they don't ever seem to materialize. Wasn't Baron doing one as well? DCB has concept drawings up

Because a CC is almost useless in Havasu, and a new CC MFG would have to spend way too much to compete with what is already out on the market.

Why waste the time and money when you can just pop another deck or cat out of molds you already have, and you have a year or two worth of pipeline in orders of current models.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is breaking their necks when a CC with triples or quads pulls up in Havasu. With the recent explosion of outboards, and the popularity of "bring the party" people movers, seems like a match made in heaven.

The only people that buy them are guys that own or owned big DCBs etc.. A CC to them is a miracle because the can sit comfortably, walk around on deck, bring a group of people along, and the boat rides nice and maintains a reasonable speed. A big DCB is a go fast boat with 0 practicality. Coming from that, they can deal with the compromises of a CC in Havasu because a DCB compromises everything for carrying passengers, beaching and getting in and out of the boat in a Havasu setting.

A CC is to the big DCB owner what a pontoon is to you and me.

The big exception is if you are buying a boat to also use in the ocean.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Because a CC is almost useless in Havasu, and a MFG would have to spend way too much to compete with what is already out on the market.

Why waste the time and money when you can just pop another deck or cat out of molds you already have, and you have a year or two worth of pipeline in orders of current models.

You say useless because you haven't been out in one.. Go out in one and you will change your tune pretty quick. I know I did. The beach access is something fairly easily solved if someone was to think outside of the box a little.

RD

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Most of them. Dave has shot a couple when I’m either busy or limping, lol.
Is doing😉
And it’s giant!

Awesome, I've seen some of the videos pulling out their 290 and they sure look shiny almost like it has been buffed out already.

hallett21

Reaction score
You say useless because you haven't been out in one.. Go out in one and you will change your tune pretty quick. I know I did. The beach access is something fairly easily solved if someone was to think outside of the box a little.

RD

Learn how to anchor and throw a stern line [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
By the way it turns out both Nordic and DCB have 14' doors so they are good on that front. I can't remember who told me that was a problem, but I wish I could.

RD

Done-it-again

Reaction score
The question I have is where would people in the west use these big center consoles? Not being a beach person I don’t know but does the West Coast have an intercoastal waterway that I’m unaware of with white sandy beaches?

They wouldn't, no place to use them other than moving 40-50 mph in the pacific going from Dana point to San Pedro and in between. Again, the West Coast has swells vs Florida, not going to be going to fast most of the time. Unless Santa Ana winds are blowing off shore making the swells disappear.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

RD

There is nothing wrong with the boat on the water, that is not the problem. It is getting in and out of the thing to take a dip or when you beach it. Plus there is very little shade. These are all non starters for 90% of potential buyers. Yes these problems can all be solved, but why bother? You can just buy a custom deck boat or pontoon that solves all those problems.

If you don’t want a V because you have mobility issues or people in your group have mobility issues, you don’t solve them by getting a CC. Sure someone “could think outside the box” but why spend the extra time and money to develop something with little demand when you have a product like a deck boat or toon that does not have that problem to begin with, sells well already, and you have a year or more worth of orders in backlog, or can’t keep them in the showroom.

If this out of the box thinking was so prevalent, regular V bottom boats would be being built and selling better.

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Awesome, I've seen some of the videos pulling out their 290 and they sure look shiny almost like it has been buffed out already.
His molds are really nice.
Shiny nice molds make shiny nice boats.
DDB57EEF-9062-4AAD-AC01-7E7DA98711F3.jpeg
F6DC7801-04B9-4FE7-8FA0-7101AD0B6A22.jpeg

This one was just pulled a few days ago.
Is raw out of the mold. You can see it’s still rough along the trim line, but has a wonderful shine to it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the boat on the water, that is not the problem. It is getting in and out of the thing to take a dip or when you beach it. Plus there is very little shade. These are all non starters for 90% of potential buyers. Yes these problems can all be solved, but why bother? You can just buy a custom deck boat or pontoon that solves all those problems.

If you don’t want a V because you have mobility issues or people in your group have mobility issues, you don’t solve them by getting a CC. Sure someone “could think outside the box” but why spend the extra time and money to develop something with little demand when you have a product like a deck boat or toon that does not have that problem to begin with, sells well already, and you have a year or more worth of orders in backlog, or can’t keep them in the showroom.

If this out of the box thinking was so prevalent, regular V bottom boats would be being built and selling better.

I'm not lookin to have a rack storage debate... but the reason I wanted a CC is because they are giant flat platforms to walk around on.. The Shade deal depends on the CC. Getting in and out of them in the water some of them have real easy access (Dive doors etc..). some of them have janky little ladders.. Trust me if I owned one, it would be just short of an escalator getting in and out. The beach access could be solved simply with a Dive door up near the front. The boat splits half way down and then the door goes down and has a ladder integrated into the inside of it. When they do that near the back the doors actually go down into the water and you can swim up and walk up the ladder pretty easily.

RD

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

RD
That's what nick barron did, I still think the beach door is a bitchin idea

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm not lookin to have a rack storage debate... but the reason I wanted a CC is because they are giant flat platforms to walk around on.. The Shade deal depends on the CC. Getting in and out of them in the water some of them have real easy access (Dive doors etc..). some of them have janky little ladders.. Trust me if I owned one, it would be just short of an escalator getting in and out. The beach access could be solved simply with a Dive door up near the front. The boat splits half way down and then the door goes down and has a ladder integrated into the inside of it. When they do that near the back the doors actually go down into the water and you can swim up and walk up the ladder pretty easily.

RD

I’m aware of all that, but all of that is the huge compromise that is completely solved by a deck or toon. No one wants to pay $300K-$350k for a CC when they can buy a $200k-$250k deck boat or Pontoon that fits their needs perfectly and rides well.

This is why they will never really takeoff in Havasu, except as the pontoon boat for the rich. Again, that is all null and void if you are looking for a dual purpose ocean and lake boat.

I don’t want to go round and round either, but if they were gonna be the next boating trend in Havasu, we would know it by now.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
His molds are really nice.
Shiny nice molds make shiny nice boats.
View attachment 934935 View attachment 934937
This one was just pulled a few days ago.
Is raw out of the mold. You can see it’s still rough along the trim line, but has a wonderful shine to it.
That's the one I saw a video of popping from the mold.... Great shine to it like said.

hallett21

Reaction score
Did I miss where the Barron CC ended up? Last photos I saw it was popped and being mocked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk