WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

BobbyV or anyone else in Town - Single RV garage size question

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Looks like we can have a garage about 14’ in width on our property. I will be in town tomorrow and then for Memorial Day weekend and the following week. I’d like to know if anyone has a garage about the size that I could stop on by to check out if it is worth working with the size or if I need to move the master bathroom to make bigger. I know that BobbyV has one about the size if he or anyone else that would let me check it out I’d be very greatful.

Thanks in advance!!!!

RCDave

Reaction score
Looks like we can have a garage about 14’ in width on our property. I will be in town tomorrow and then for Memorial Day weekend and the following week. I’d like to know if anyone has a garage about the size that I could stop on by to check out if it is worth working with the size or if I need to move the master bathroom to make bigger. I know that BobbyV has one about the size if he or anyone else that would let me check it out I’d be very greatful.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Standard RV width is 102" or about 8.5 feet. Many RV's have multiple slides these days on both sides of a coach. Standard drivers slide is 3' and passenger 1.5-2.5 feet. So by the time you extend the slides in a 14' wide interior dimension garage, its not wide enough, nor would you want to walk around the coach with the slides extended.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Standard RV width is 102" or about 8.5 feet. Many RV's have multiple slides these days on both sides of a coach. Standard drivers slide is 3' and passenger 1.5-2.5 feet. So by the time you extend the slides in a 14' wide interior dimension garage, its not wide enough, nor would you want to walk around the coach with the slides extended.

Thanks that is helpful information. At least with the size an RV could fit but not open up the slides. The main goal for the garage is for boat storage. I’d like to be able to fit an RV for resale purposes.

FishSniper

Reaction score
Thanks that is helpful information. At least with the size an RV could fit but not open up the slides. The main goal for the garage is for boat storage. I’d like to be able to fit an RV for resale purposes.
When we were shopping around we looked at a few RV garage homes with different widths. The one we ended up buying is about 18 and a half feet wide and it’s great to have that extra space. I also am only currently using it for boat storage but wanted the RV garage for the future and/ or future resale. We’ll be in town this weekend if you wanted to take a look.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!!!!

Looks like I will be coming in town Friday afternoon. I will know more on Thursday. I have the blue prints and the list of sub contractors I used about 16 years ago.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
That is great Bobby!!! I will check in with everyone in a few days....

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
10 feet is all you really need for a RV, everything beyond that is just gravy for convenience and opening slides. Ours is 26 wide so we can put a boat and a pusher side by side and open the slides.

Blown Lavey

Mid week boating anyone..
Reaction score
10 feet is all you really need for a RV, everything beyond that is just gravy for convenience and opening slides. Ours is 26 wide so we can put a boat and a pusher side by side and open the slides.
Is that # inside clear space, or outside wall to wall. I’m going through drawings on a 30 x 65 rv garage right now and hoping it will be enough room to walk around and between the boat and the coach with slides out, and access baggage doors.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
14’ width is fine for the RV. The only issue is you may have to go with a 10’ door? That can be a little tight.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!!!!
Come check mine out it 15 wide with 12 wide door

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Dont go anything less than a 12 foot wide door if you can help it. You will cuss anything smaller forever but it will work with a 10 foot wide door.

Reactions: Wmc

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Dont go anything less than a 12 foot wide door if you can help it. You will cuss anything smaller forever but it will work with a 10 foot wide door.

Thanks for the suggestion. One plan is to change up the double door making half of it a single and the new RV will become the double door. This will taker more to build but allow a wider opening to maneuver larger vehicles.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The RV has to be less than 102” so a 10 foot door will work but that’s gonna be pretty stressful backing in.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Mine is 12'4" wide x 47' deep Inside measurements. I put a 24' tri-toon with bimini up and have enough space behind for my small workshop. It's tight on one side but we move it all the way to the offside of the other garage and gives us enough room to get to that side easily. We're on the North side, right off LHB if you want to take a look.
When we put the boat away the wife talks me in with our phones. No problems at all. Neighbors are always impressed.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
14’ width is fine for the RV. The only issue is you may have to go with a 10’ door? That can be a little tight.
My RV garage is 13’-3” inside with a 11’ wide door. No issues at all,

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!!!!
the rv garage I'm building is poured right now... 87 nelson lane .. it's 15', plenty big for storage... but not to live in the rv and have pops on both sides...12' door is minimum ... rv's have 2' of mirrors... so un less you wanna fold mirrors in each time you have to have 10'6''... , with 6'' clearance... that's 11'6''... sounds like you can go a 12' wide door, so 14' is plenty big..i keep my rv in a 12' wide in vegas...opening the side door just makes it... but if you get off to one side too much the door won't open..I can get into the side compartment... but it's tight...so again...14' will be fine..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
my rv is 10'4'' out side wide...so it would not fit in a 10' door as the mirrors don't fold in....my little rv would fit though...10' is tough to back in a tri toon... I think both mine are 9' wide.. with 8'6'' wide trailers.... 6'' is real small to work with....lol

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Very grateful of Scott’s (Havalife) generosity. He spent time with us and showed a couple of homes and RV garages. It was just what we needed to see. Thanks again for everyone’s input!!!!!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Very grateful of Scott’s (Havalife) generosity. He spent time with us and showed a couple of homes and RV garages. It was just what we needed to see. Thanks again for everyone’s input!!!!!
Glad you got it figured out. I will be in town this Friday and Sat. if you need to see anymore garages.