WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Body found near the sandbar and they believe it’s Raegan

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Wow, if so I would think it would be some closure for the family.
RIP young one...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Wow, such a sad story.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I was poking around with my goggles this evening and thought about her. So glad I didn’t come across her. That said, I hope it’s her.

charlyox

Reaction score
I hope the family gets some closure. It has been almost two years. My heart goes to the family and friends. RIP Raegan. 🙏

Boat 405

Reaction score
Let’s hope it’s her for closure. I can’t imagine what condition the body is in after almost two years.

HCP3

Reaction score
So sad, but hopefully this helps the family.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
So very sad and hopefully the family can lay her to rest.

calkid

Reaction score
Based on the quote on Scanner Feed it looks like the Family was notified. Don't know if the comment was from a sister, cousin, friend or?
Rest in peace Raegan.
Screenshot_2020-07-05-08-34-12.png

Wedgy

Reaction score
Rest in Peace and Love Reagen Vaya con Dios

sintax

Reaction score
oh man thats heavy. We ended up at pirates a week after the search efforts ended. Needless to say she was on our minds that whole trip. It really puts things in perspective when you're out enjoying your vacation thinking about someone less fortunate. Glad she was found and is making her way home.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Such a sad deal all around.. hopefully finally some closure for the family. Imagine how traumatizing it would be for the ones that stumbled across the remains. So sad. Rip

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
So sad, but hopefully will help the family begin to heal. 😔

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Havasu Scanner posted this at 11:13PM Saturday, Jul 4. "Missing boating victim Raegan Heitzig has been located according to a close friends post". Story stated San Bernardino County Sheriffs located the body near the Sandbar. But, it did not say when that discovery was made. I agree, if they had just located the remains, it would take some time to determine ID. For the family's sake, I hope it is true.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Did a boater find the body? Or sheriffs?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Based on the quote on Scanner Feed it looks like the Family was notified. Don't know if the comment was from a sister, cousin, friend or?
Rest in peace Raegan.
View attachment 896064
From what I remember of the info from when this happened, I believe this post is from her sister/step sister. She was the one kind of speaking for Raegan's Mom at the time. For her to post that when she did, the family was notified beforehand...as they should have been. I would assume she was discovered earlier in the day by boaters, and reported to LEO.

Wow, sad but relieved for the family. This chapter finally ends...

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Glad for her family that they may finally have closure. Since I’m not too familiar with havasu’s geography, can someone point out on a map where “the sandbar” is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yz450mm

Reaction score
Glad for her family that they may finally have closure. Since I’m not too familiar with havasu’s geography, can someone point out on a map where “the sandbar” is?

Screenshot_20200705-115354_Maps.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Thanks. Do people normally hang out there?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Is Blankenship Bend the Sandbar, or the area above in the gorge?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The article I read said “near a sandbar” if it was south of Blankenship bend it was way south of the sandbar by 1/2 mile or more.

I am Very happy she is able to be returned to the family. I am surprised they found her. When we went out we did what I thought was a very thorough search from the bridge to the mouth of the river.

I am wondering if the increased boat traffic recently dislodged her from Where she was originally.

calkid

Reaction score
The article I read said “near a sandbar” if it was south of Blankenship bend it was way south of the sandbar by 1/2 mile or more.

I am Very happy she is able to be returned to the family. I am surprised they found her. When we went out we did what I thought was a very thorough search from the bridge to the mouth of the river.

I am wondering if the increased boat traffic recently dislodged her from Where she was originally.
Wondered the same things. You guys seemed to do a very thorough search and the use of PWC's allowed close contact with the reed areas. It's been super busy since Memorial Day and lots of big, tritoon, wakeboard and other large craft. She possibly was dislodged and moved to where she was found. Prayers to her Family, friends and for those that found her.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Sad, yet great at the same time....

I have not been upriver since that happened without constantly thinking about it, and having a more watchful eye than normal. I am happy that they found her!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sad, yet great at the same time....

I have not been upriver since that happened without constantly thinking about it, and having a more watchful eye than normal. I am happy that they found her!

everytime I went up River I’d think about it as well.
Imagine being the boater to find her. :/

That was part of the reason myself and others went out on a multi day search for her.. we wanted to find her to get the family closure, as well not have some other family with kids get scarred for life in doing so.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
everytime I went up River I’d think about it as well.

That was part of the reason myself and others went out on a multi day search for her.. we wanted to find her to get the family closure, as well not have some other family with kids get scarred for life in doing so.

yeah that has to be a shitty day for sure

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Yeah we detailed the shit out of that area. I'm not a Havasu expert by any means, but that one article says she was found 1/2 mile south of Blankenship bend which I'm assuming might put here in the same area they found the third body near the mouth of the lake. There are so many places she could have been this whole time, I'm just glad they were able to find her and put an end to this for the family. Sad deal for sure.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yeah we detailed the shit out of that area. I'm not a Havasu expert by any means, but that one article says she was found 1/2 mile south of Blankenship bend which I'm assuming might put here in the same area they found the third body near the mouth of the lake. There are so many places she could have been this whole time, I'm just glad they were able to find her and put an end to this for the family. Sad deal for sure.

Its a long way from the mouth of the lake, but also quite a bit further down river than the sandbar, lots of weird currents on that bend, could have had something to do with her ending up there, it always feels like my boat is going to flip making that turn.

Singleton

Reaction score
Its a long way from the mouth of the lake, but also quite a bit further down river than the sandbar, lots of weird currents on that bend, could have had something to do with her ending up there, it always feels like my boat is going to flip making that turn.

that turn is a PIA going either direction.
i can feel my boat move when I get to that section of river no matter how fast or slow I am going.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Sad deal, but glad it to hear this part is over for her family's sake. Just tragic.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I'm going to try and tread kind of lightly with this post but, everybody is talking about closure and I'm not sure that is a good thing. I don't know what well someone would go to to draw the strength to deal with the death of a child (even an adult one) but the family has had two years to move on and come to accept fate on their own terms. For me I think I would have to believe that she was lost to the currents and sleeping peacefully at the bottom of the lake but that is just how I think I would try to deal with it. Finding the remains this long after the incident and then having to deal with it would just open all the old wounds and perpetuate the nightmare.

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
I'm going to try and tread kind of lightly with this post but, everybody is talking about closure and I'm not sure that is a good thing. I don't know what well someone would go to to draw the strength to deal with the death of a child (even an adult one) but the family has had two years to move on and come accept fate on their own terms. For me I think I would have to believe that she was lost to the currents and sleeping peacefully at the bottom of the lake but that is just how I think I would try to deal with it. Finding the remains this long after the incident and then having to deal with it would just open all the old wounds and perpetuate the nightmare.
I can't say for sure since I have never been in this situation, but I think I would appreciate knowing and having closure vs always wondering............ tough call as it is very sad either way..........

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I have kids. I'd want to the remains (whatever condition) for closure. For me, as a parent, I'd want to make sure she was properly handled and brought to her final resting place. As a parent your natural instinct is to protect, this applies even in this situation. The last thing I'd want to be left wondering about is the numerous scenarios that could exist underwater.

golakers

Reaction score
I have kids. I'd want to the remains (whatever condition) for closure. For me, as a parent, I'd want to make sure she was properly handled and brought to her final resting place. As a parent your natural instinct is to protect, this applies even in this situation. The last thing I'd want to be left wondering about is the numerous scenarios that could exist underwater.
X2

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I can't say for sure since I have never been in this situation, but I think I would appreciate knowing and having closure vs always wondering............ tough call as it is very sad either way..........
I guess that it comes down to a question of philosophy and faith.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm going to try and tread kind of lightly with this post but, everybody is talking about closure and I'm not sure that is a good thing. I don't know what well someone would go to to draw the strength to deal with the death of a child (even an adult one) but the family has had two years to move on and come accept fate on their own terms. For me I think I would have to believe that she was lost to the currents and sleeping peacefully at the bottom of the lake but that is just how I think I would try to deal with it. Finding the remains this long after the incident and then having to deal with it would just open all the old wounds and perpetuate the nightmare.

I completely understand what you are saying.. On the inverse there is also a reason we go back over seas to recover remains of our soldiers.

Taboma

Reaction score
that turn is a PIA going either direction.
i can feel my boat move when I get to that section of river no matter how fast or slow I am going.

In 83' when there was flooding downriver and you could drive a houseboat up the Grand Canyon on Mead, the current on the river from Davis into Havasu was hauling ass.
So swift that in several places there were actual whirlpools. Wife and I were in our Zodiac (Dingy from our sportsfisher) exploring and those things were powerful and spooky as shit. Around mid-bend at Blankenship there was a huge one near that rock outcropping on the CA side. I finally got up the courage after testing the perimeter strength to drive through it -- holy shit, spun our asses around and I had to power out. Then it became a great game to hear my wife scream. :eek: 😂

Duramax

Reaction score
Can someone tell the story of what happened to this poor girl and her family? I can't imagine......just can't. God bless them.