WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Body found near the sandbar and they believe it’s Raegan

4Waters

Reaction score
Can someone tell the story of what happened to this poor girl and her family? I can't imagine......just can't. God bless them.
Here is the thread

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can someone tell the story of what happened to this poor girl and her family? I can't imagine......just can't. God bless them.

Two years ago there was a head on accident up somewhere between pirates and topock Between a large Vee bottom and a deck boat. Multiple people were killed, and several ended up in the water. a few were recovered in the following daya and even week, but one has been missing for two years.

several search parties and even professionals were brought in from around the country and she was never found until now.

rrrr

Reaction score
I am wondering if the increased boat traffic recently dislodged her from Where she was originally.

After 22 months, the remains were skeletal. They weren't going to be moving.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Has it been actually confirmed that it is her? I have only seen speculation

HCP3

Reaction score
Has it been actually confirmed that it is her? I have only seen speculation

Her sister confirmed it on her Instagram. I don't use Instagram as a news source, but given that her sister posted it I tend to believe the family received confirmation from the powers that be. RIP.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
She has not been forgotten. A young girl I never met, a sister, a daughter or friend of so many that love and miss her. I am happy to hear that she has been recovered.

Honestly, my mind wonders when I am up river as I think of her often. We can only hope and pray for the family today that this helps bring some closure as it also brings things back to reality.

Rest peacefully Rae!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havasuhusker

Reaction score
From Moabi/Topoc area to just past Blankenship Bend is quite a bit of distance for a body to travel w/out being seen. I'm no expert just seems crazy to me. Nonetheless, I know people spent countless hours searching for her and I know the family and boating community appreciates all the efforts made. I know I'd want my son to be found if I was in this situation, no matter how long it took.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
From Moabi/Topoc area to just past Blankenship Bend is quite a bit of distance for a body to travel w/out being seen. I'm no expert just seems crazy to me. Nonetheless, I know people spent countless hours searching for her and I know the family and boating community appreciates all the efforts made. I know I'd want my son to be found if I was in this situation, no matter how long it took.

I would agree, lots of currents and eddies along the shoreline with tons of hidden places and the constant daily changes of waterlines.

Just a thought for some that don’t know,
I don’t recall the exact time frame, however if I recall it was several days later after the incident that one of the victims was located as far south as the river mouth leading into lake havasu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bk2drvr

Reaction score

The accident happened at night around 8pm which means that at an approx 2-3mph river current would have her in that area before sun up. Its possible she made it most or all the way to that vicinity during the night time hours.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

When the accident first took place they found one person immediately near the scene at the bridge. One a little further and another one down at the mouth of the river in the following days if memory serves..
At the time she could have been anywhere in that stretch of river and possibly all the way out in the lake. We had bet that she was still in the river in our search.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
When the accident first took place they found one person immediately near the scene at the bridge. One a little further and another one down at the mouth of the river in the following days if memory serves..
At the time she could have been anywhere in that stretch of river and possibly all the way out in the lake. We had bet that she was still in the river in our search.

I'm sure there are so many thoughts right now...and I hope not too soon... but I am curious (respectfully curious), where she was found (not to say that recently she could have been dislodged and then have current move her from wherever she has been), how did we miss her during the searches we made with groups of paddleboards, jet skis boats and drones? Not to mention, a group of rdp inmates and all the tech stuff that came to help with the search.

just happy she has been found!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm sure there are so many thoughts right now...and I hope not too soon... but I am curious (respectfully curious), where she was found (not to say that recently she could have been dislodged and then have current move her from wherever she has been), how did we miss her during the searches we made with groups of paddleboards, jet skis boats and drones? Not to mention, a group of rdp inmates and all the tech stuff that came to help with the search.

just happy she has been found!!

She was found south of Blankenship bend which is the bend just south of the sandbar.

I am thinking somehow she was dislodged and moved from the current, but have no idea the state of theremains so have no basis for that thought process.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
She was found south of Blankenship bend which is the bend just south of the sandbar.

I am thinking somehow she was dislodged and moved from the current, but have no idea the state of theremains so have no basis for that thought process.
I don't think you would want to know either. Glad they found her and the family can close that chapter. RIP

FreeBird236

Reaction score

I feel somewhat uncomfortable even discussing or speculating, but would like to know why the authorities felt they could notify the family even though positive I.D. may take weeks. There must be something that convinced the authorities, and enough for the family to make the announcement. Again happy she was found, may she rest in peace.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I feel somewhat uncomfortable even discussing or speculating, but would like to know why the authorities felt they could notify the family even though positive I.D. may take weeks. There must be something that convinced the authorities, and enough for the family to make the announcement. Again happy she was found, may she rest in peace.

Maybe tattoo(s)?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Could he anything from a necklace to clothing etc.

Well that and I don’t think there is anyone else missing in the river for approximately two years that fits the description?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The family was notified on Saturday, but she was found on Thursday evening. I would think her still being listed as missing, they could have had a file with dental records. She had posted pics earlier the day she passed, also showing what jewelry she had on, and her suit colors.

I'm glad she was found, but very sad that we and others didn't find her sooner. Was it just a weird deal where someone plowed through just the perfect section of reeds? Did the current move just enough sediment and her along with it?

That wreck is what brought me here to RDP. I launch at Moabi, and have kids. This site was always steps ahead of any news source, people knew the victims, and we all could feel that loss to some extent. She was a girl I never met, nor knew of previous to her passing, but still someone I thought about often. I am thankful it wasn't my daughter, or a friend's daughter...but still sad that she was someone's little girl.

guest hs

Reaction score
I’m no expert but would her skin still be there if she had been sitting in cold water so long?

2Driver

Reaction score
Lots of things to wonder about in regards to what happened from point A to point B.
IMO, the only thing that matters is the family can now put a very difficult part of this ordeal to rest.