WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Body Found near Thompson Bay

just_floatin

Reaction score
Sad news. Wife just got off the water minutes ago. Fellow paddlers found a body near Jet Ski Cove and called the sheriff. I am sure details will follow. ☹
2CA7FD71-3D94-411D-A400-631273191E25.png

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Could be something harmless, lots of homeless down there, somebody taking a bath and something went wrong medically or they went out too deep.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

just_floatin

Reaction score
As dumb luck would have it, I know the LHC resident and just left his signifacant others home to pay my condolences. While I am not at liberty to state the details out of respect, I will state this. Please hug your loves ones and friends, tell them they are important and matter. Recognize the signs of depression and do not be afraid to step in. This just sucks. I am so done with 2020.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
As dumb luck would have it, I know the LHC resident and just left his signifacant others home to pay my condolences. While I am not at liberty to state the details out of respect, I will state this. Please hug your loves ones and friends tell them they are important and matter. Recognize the signs of depression and do not be afraid to step in. This just sucks. I am so done with 2020.

Sorry for your loss. Your words are a reminder of what matters in life.

cole_skier

Reaction score
As dumb luck would have it, I know the LHC resident and just left his signifacant others home to pay my condolences. While I am not at liberty to state the details out of respect, I will state this. Please hug your loves ones and friends, tell them they are important and matter. Recognize the signs of depression and do not be afraid to step in. This just sucks. I am so done with 2020.

So sorry for your loss. Lost my father in April and my mother is in a memory care unit have not been able to hug her in over 7 months. 2020 can kiss my ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Lost my father in April and my mother is in a memory care unit have not been able to hug her in over 7 months. 2020 can kiss my ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. So sorry.
Debs dad passed 2 months ago. We pulled him and took him home.
There are some things worth doing regardless of consequence. Hugging ones mother qualifies.

buck35

Reaction score

Sad to read this and so sorry for the loss of a friend. May he/ she rest in peace.

rrrr

Reaction score
While I was obviously aware that suicide placed a burden on family survivors, when it happened to my family, I realized how clueless I was.

The loss of my nephew at sixteen caused indescribable grief. The immediate pain was suffocating. I was stunned, and had no idea how to comfort my brother, his wife, and their other son, who was nineteen. My Dad was inconsolable. My sister shut down. My wife and I cried together off and on for weeks, and could not begin to understand what had happened.

To this day, I cannot fathom the grief Andrew's parents have had to deal with. They went to counselors for over two years. Involvement in suicide prevention organizations has helped. Their church and their strong faith in God was a foundation for recovery.

But they still have to deal with the ugly, raw wound. Last May, I sent my sister in law a text on Andrew's birthday, which simply said 'I love you'. Her reply said that the end of the school year had been very hard, because Andrew's friends were graduating from high school and making plans to attend college.

Suicide places a burden on the survivors that fades over time, but will never go away.

I feel strong empathy for anyone who has to face that dark realization.

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
According to the small fraction of the article I'm allowed to read in today's Havasu Herald, the body was that of Peter Patel, 64, the owner of the Island Inn and Sam's Beachcomber Resort. Seems some major financial and business problems got the best of him.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Sucks to see this, sad that anyone can be so depressed or stressed out by life that it ends this way. Prayers for his family and the loved ones left behind.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
According to the small fraction of the article I'm allowed to read in today's Havasu Herald, the body was that of Peter Patel, 64, the owner of the Island Inn and Sam's Beachcomber Resort. Seems some major financial and business problems got the best of him.
It’s really tough to get out of your own head sometimes. Mental health is no joke and talking to someone doesn’t mean you’re weak. I

Taboma

Reaction score
This gentleman's business dealings, especially the rather ruthless bidding war he instigated for the takeover of the Beachcomber Resort's AZ State Concession lease a few years ago, left a lot of financial ruin for some very good people in it's wake. Many occupants of numerous years were forced to sell their park models for scrap value, unable to pay the new rent scale.
Mr Santiago who'd owned the Beachcomber for so many years, personally cared about the resort and it's occupants. Nobody cheered when the resort changed hands, especially when the monthly rent more than doubled due to the ridiculous lease inflation burden placed on the resort.
I'm not speaking ill of him, I didn't know nor had ever met the man. I realize business can be ruthless and uncaringly pragmatic, but this news won't sadden all who read it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Wonder if beach comber prices will go down, the rent
the island inn looks like a haunted hotel

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
His family members own a couple hotels in the city a couple of Invester I work with inquired about the island just 4 months ago

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Put outline.com/ in front of the url to read the article

The body found in Thompson Bay has been identified as long-time Lake Havasu City businessman Pishit Patel – who owned Island Inn Hotel and Sam’s Beachcomber RV Resort.

Patel, 64, known as Peter by many in Havasu, was identified by the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office as the deceased male found off the shoreline of Rotary Park on Thursday morning. According to the press release the Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate the “apparent drowning,” but the official cause of death is pending an autopsy by the Mohave County Medical Examiner. The Sheriff’s Office said there were no suspicious circumstances observed.

A longtime friend, George Sharma, said Patel appears to have taken his own life. He said a friend of Patel found his cell phone, smart watch, and a note in his home on Thursday morning after Patel went missing on Wednesday.

“I’ve known him for 28 years,” said Sharma, who is a developer with Desert Resort Properties. “We met over different business opportunities and from there on our friendship grew. We have been every good friends throughout this period and stood by each other in the good days and the bad days – in the previous recession in 2007 and 2008. This time, I don’t know what happened - he couldn’t handle it.”

In addition to the Island Inn Hotel and Beachcomber Resort, Sharma said Patel also owned several storage units in Havasu as well as several hotel properties in Williams and a Marriott in California.

“He was the hardest worker,” said Melinda Broadstock, who said she has been friends with the Patel family since meeting Peter 15 years ago and also did business with him. “He always told me how he rode a bicycle around in India. He was from a middle class family and was in sales. He came over here with $1,000 and moved to the East Coast first, and from there just kept working super hard.”

Mayor Cal Sheehy said he can’t remember a time before Patel was in Havasu, describing him as a leader in Havasu’s hotel and hospitality industry and a respected member of the community.

Mike Vaishnav, owner of Travelodge, said he didn’t know Patel well but said he was well respected amongst hoteliers in town and had a reputation as a helpful and kind person.

“He was kind of like a fatherly figure in this town for the hotel business,” Vaishnav said. “He helped a lot of people with their hotels.”

“I will always miss him as a good friend and good company,” Sharma said. “Over 28 years we did a lot of things together so it is difficult to pinpoint one thing, but one of the major things we did was eating good quality food.”

Sharma said Patel particularly loved high quality seafood. Although they would occasionally go to restaurants, Patel preferred to cook the food himself after ordering fish or kobe beef directly from the supplier.

Broadstock said she played many games with him over the years and one thing that always stuck out was his willingness to play a game of tennis with anybody – regardless of skill level. Patel also donated money for multiple water fountains at the high school tennis courts in town.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Some of my customers are named Patel here in Kingman. Hotel and restaurant owners. Not sure if related. Patel is a very common Indian name like Smith is here.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Some of my customers are named Patel here in Kingman. Hotel and restaurant owners. Not sure if related. Patel is a very common Indian name like Smith is here.
I believe Peter’s son resides in Kingman.

Taboma

Reaction score
I believe Peter’s son resides in Kingman.

His brother and sister are in the hotel/motel business as well and were investors with Peter on Sam's Beachcomber. Also some inter-family litigation going on regarding their partnership.