WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bomb in Dowtown LA today

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Nothing on the radio or tv, but around Temple and Los Angeles, tons of LAPD and Bomb Squad around 11 am. Then aroun d 145 or so boom! ST
till nothing in the news.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
I believe the Federal Building is in the area. I was walking north of Temp,e on Main and it was loud as the sound funneled through the buildings. Still nothing in the media.

4Waters

Reaction score
I believe the Federal Building is in the area. I was walking north of Temp,e on Main and it was loud as the sound funneled through the buildings. Still nothing in the media.
Well here he is on Temple.

(From Current Situation thread)

1FFC7C1B-157C-450B-8D43-3FA8B6E68D28.jpeg

LowRiver2

Reaction score
A male Blk. Walked up with a 70’s era samsonite suitcase, looked around, set it down and walked away looking back at the suitcase as he walked away according to witnesses. He wasn’t in typical homeless garb , it was in front of the federal building, so the threat assessment (how we decide render safe procedures) went higher. X-ray of the suit case revealed things enough for us senior techs to not let our rookie tech open it semi remotely.
We used the Robot with a counter charge but there was an issue with its ignition.
I jumped in the suit and un screwed the ignition and hooked up another blasting cap into the counter charge and , poof, problem solved. The contents were not criminal in nature but you would be amazed how certain items can be considered troublesome for a Bomb tech when combined in a tight container space.
No damage to surrounding area, that’s a small amount C2 pushing water at about 19k feet per second.

Well duh, you old timer RDP’s know I’m a little “different” (PC) lol

3754D607-B173-4EEC-ADE6-989D4226084F.jpeg
I was laughing more at
The rookie tech’s truck: It was sideswiped last week and the city said they wont fix it because it has 150k miles. They sawzalled the bumper and now he rolls pre runner style lol! Gotta love the city

Last edited:

mbrown2

Reaction score
A male Blk. Walked up with a 70’s era samsonite suitcase, looked around, set it down and walked away looking back at the suitcase as he walked away according to witnesses. He wasn’t in typical homeless garb , it was in front of the federal building, so the threat assessment (how we decide render safe procedures) went higher. X-ray of the suit case revealed things enough for us senior techs to not let our rookie tech open it semi remotely.
We used the Robot with a counter charge but there was an issue with its ignition.
I jumped in the suit and un screwed the ignition and hooked up another blasting cap into the counter charge and , poof, problem solved. The contents were not criminal in nature but you would be amazed how certain items can be considered troublesome for a Bomb tech when combined in a tight container space.
No damage to surrounding area, that’s a small amount C2 pushing water at about 19k feet per second.

View attachment 847037 I was laughing more at
The rookie tech’s truck: It was sideswiped last week and the city said they wont fix it because it has 150k miles. They sawzalled the bumper and now he rolls pre runner style lol! Gotta love the city
My Friday's at work are so boring.... sounds a nine lives kind of job! 👍

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. We were at an event on the south lawn. Traffic was a mess. Sure was loud. Glad all are safe.

jet496

Reaction score

Crazy mofo doing that kind of job. I'm glad someone's willing though, because I just aint got it in me.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
jeeze louis.... be safe!!

T&Y has it right when he jokes I’m a “third responder” lol!. We get to train it through enough to make it work (or fix it to work in this case) so it’s second nature when it happens.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. We were at an event on the south lawn. Traffic was a mess. Sure was loud. Glad all are safe.
Chief of Police Office called on scene asking WTF ?! After we took the shot. “Well, you knew we were there” was my Lt.’s reply. We worked as Sergeants together years ago, he’s a solid supervisor

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Saving the taxpayers money😅

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Chief of Police Office called on scene asking WTF ?! After we took the shot. “Well, you knew we were there” was my Lt.’s reply. We worked as Sergeants together years ago, he’s a solid supervisor

Thank you for what you do, a good buddy and RDP inmate works in that building, he’s a half bubble off for protecting the lapdog apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Large balled member

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Damn Low River 2..... we sure have some interesting cats on this forum. Thanks for what you do keeping us average pussies safe.... major balls career choice! for sure. Very impressive.