WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bombing runs in the desert east of Havasu?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Talk to buddy who is a Marine ATC in Yuma, they are doing dog fighting practice above Havasu, the booms are sonic booms.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Wish I had the phone ready last week...we were outside the mall and one of those planes that take off vertically (the name escapes me) took off from havasu airport and flew right over behind Walmart. Was pretty cool. Never saw one in person before.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wish I had the phone ready last week...we were outside the mall and one of those planes that take off vertically (the name escapes me) took off from havasu airport and flew right over behind Walmart. Was pretty cool. Never saw one in person before.
Harrier

Dmangus

Reaction score
I also saw that plane. Pretty cool

The Prisoner

Reaction score
25FEDBCC-B88D-4715-9A91-142F11299D16.jpeg
Almost forgot. Took this pic at windsor beach Saturday. Whatever the hell this copter is

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The boys playing high atop havasu all day today are a marine attack squadron our of South Carolina flying f35’s.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
It’s a big combined training exercise that is going on for a couple weeks starting last week.

We were camped out in the desert just outside 29 palms over the weekend and got to watch Ospreys fly low and slow all around us for two days. Fighter jets flying all night from camp Wilson. My Marine BIL confirmed as he stationed at MCAGCC

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Pretty much all of western AZ is a practice range. YPG, KOFA, Barry Goldwater, MCAS yuma etc.

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
WIT was in Yuma the other day and might still be here, they are playing war games over the bombing ranges. I hear booms all the time and live in the flight path coming back in to MCAS yes they are loud but its also a sound of freedom we should never have to live without!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Just had a couple of those big Army double rotor helicopters pass through Kingman. Looks like headed to Vegas. Like Red Dawn. :D

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score

Marine F-35 if it was a jet.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I was stationed in Yuma 92-94. 2x a year, in the spring and fall there is an exercise called Weapons and Tactics Instructor Course (WTI). https://www.dvidshub.net/feature/WTI
I've watched a dogfight overhead on Easter morning one year and have provided communications support for the HAWK missile (predecessor to the Patriot) live fire exercises and have some really cool video of that.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was stationed in Yuma 92-94. 2x a year, in the spring and fall there is an exercise called Weapons and Tactics Instructor Course (WTI). https://www.dvidshub.net/feature/WTI
I've watched a dogfight overhead on Easter morning one year and have provided communications support for the HAWK missile (predecessor to the Patriot) live fire exercises and have some really cool video of that.

My buddy at Yuma is a air traffic controller and he said it’s WTI that’s going on above havasu.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I was medgroup at Luke in those years. We provided coverage with an ambulance. :)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Marines can ONLY drop ordnance in Chocalate mountains. I get to go out there and help their EOD crew get rid of the dropped stuff that doesn’t go off.
Basically shoot it first with .50 cal, then go hands on if that doesn’t work. Good times

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Marines can ONLY drop ordnance in Chocalate mountains. I get to go out there and help their EOD crew get rid of the dropped stuff that doesn’t go off.
Basically shoot it first with .50 cal, then go hands on if that doesn’t work. Good times
So, the mother in laws house is out?:D

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
One time I was driving up the 93 to Kingman and I was between Wikiup and the 40 and one of those V 22 ospreys flew from my right to my left right in front of me probably 200 feet off the road. Scared the shit out of me and when I look to the left he was carving right through the canyons real low just off the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSR

Reaction score
Metris Global has been organizing some training operations in the area for the Marines and Airforce PJ’s for the last couple weeks. I did some work with them last week. Pretty cool stuff. Not sure about bombers, but I know they’ve been using 2 Ospreys and a C130.
http://metrisglobal.com/specialized-training-and-tactics/

HCP3

Reaction score