WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bought a couple re-issued old school skateboards.

Tank

Reaction score
Those pics are fucking awesome!!! Tha me for posting. That place is pretty sick. How often they do these get togethers?

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Those pics are fucking awesome!!! Tha me for posting. That place is pretty sick. How often they do these get togethers?

It was pretty sick to see all these guys together again in one place laying it down, this was the 35th anniversary of the pipeline skate park to honor the Hoffman family (owners of the pipeline). At any given time you can find a session going down in the park, you never know who will be there. If your feeling frisky you can order up some reissued pads and come down and skate:D I go skate it once in a while but at this stage in the game I just carve, can't risk getting injured LOL. It's a great spot for sure, there is also a combi pool at vans in orange, super sick and quite literally the perfect transitions. The combi is big big big, and someone is always there getting after it.

Here's some OG shit.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=n1TS...=/watch?v=n1TSEvM3AS8&feature=player_embedded

Combi pool at the block.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RHqu0JgEfoA

Tank

Reaction score
It was pretty sick to see all these guys together again in one place laying it down, this was the 35th anniversary of the pipeline skate park to honor the Hoffman family (owners of the pipeline). At any given time you can find a session going down in the park, you never know who will be there. If your feeling frisky you can order up some reissued pads and come down and skate:D I go skate it once in a while but at this stage in the game I just carve, can't risk getting injured LOL. It's a great spot for sure, there is also a combi pool at vans in orange, super sick and quite literally the perfect transitions. The combi is big big big, and someone is always there getting after it.

Here's some OG shit.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=n1TS...=/watch?v=n1TSEvM3AS8&feature=player_embedded

Combi pool at the block.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RHqu0JgEfoA

That's really cool. Being from Ventura county I beer made it down that way when I skated. Seemed like a world away. I was happy with the half pipe at the end of the street all the local kids built. Seemed like a monster back then but in reality it was most likely pretty small. :D

Lue

Banned
Reaction score
You should of kept the PK Ripper Tank, that would have been a proper collection of your youth toys. :thumbup:

Tank

Reaction score
You should of kept the PK Ripper Tank, that would have been a proper collection of your youth toys. :thumbup:

Ha! Surprised you remember that.

A buddy owns it. I have the right to buy it back any time. ;) But it just sat in my garage getting corroded. He was always asking me to buy it so I let him. Bikes just take up too much room. Still have a redline, Patterson and profile hanging. :D

Tank

Reaction score
Hung the boards in the living room! Wife actually let me. :D

Think I'll add a Hasoi to the line up. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369409059.951911.jpg

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Looks good. I've been trying to convince my wife to let me hang one of my vintage surfboards above the wall unit in the living room. Not happening. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Looks good. I've been trying to convince my wife to let me hang one of my vintage surfboards above the wall unit in the living room. Not happening. :(

We have a 9'6" wood Hobie hanging just to the left of the skate board over a slider that goes out to the patio. It's never been wet or waxed. Straight wall art! My wife actually said the skateboards go with the surfboards and to put them in the living room when I mentioned I wanted to put them in the guest room.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Post a picture of that Hobie, I'd love to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
I will tonight. Not at home right now.
Also just put up some teak board hangers so it looks pretty nice.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
Wow, very nice. Who shaped it, Terry Martin (R.I.P.)?
Looks like a Martin/Brawner piece of art.
Beautiful board.

Tank

Reaction score
Wow, very nice. Who shaped it, Terry Martin (R.I.P.)?
Looks like a Martin/Brawner piece of art.
Beautiful board.

It's actually a laminate foam core re-issue. I'd have to take it down and flip it to see who shaped it. It's still ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369514180.337708.jpg about 15 years old.

Tank

Reaction score
Picked up another skate for the wall.

Hasoi hammerhead. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378139427.907570.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Added to the wall. I may have a problem. :D ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403286035.361090.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403286057.931272.jpg

elcajones

Reaction score
Ha! Old school? Anyone remember Black Knight?...3/4 inch pine board with sheet metal trucks and rock wheels. Of course I couldn't leave shit alone, put some chicago trucks on it from a pair of roller skates, then urethane (open bearing) wheels when they came out.

I still have my Oak board with the Maha rubber tip, Gullwing !V trucks and Krytonics wheels...

Ha! I had one of those. Thanks for the memory jolt.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
Holy crap!! I stumbled onto an old Sims bd on eBay and wondered if I could get a copy of my old G&S fiberflex!!! I should of collected vintage skateboard parts instead of worthless v-drive boats and parts😩😩😩🤦‍♂️