WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bought a new Nordic Rage WTOB

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The family and I went to the Fred Hall show last week and Thane from Nordic made me a deal on the boat that I could not pass up. Overall, the Rage walk through open bow will fit our families boating style perfectly and the build quality/customer service with Nordic are second to none which sealed the deal. We will be picking the boat up in Havasu in the next couple of weeks and I need some guidance from RDP members on outfitting the boat with everything we need. I need suggestions on what to buy and where for all the gear for the boat, from anchors to vests and spares. Any help would be much appreciated!

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
The family and I went to the Fred Hall show last week and Thane from Nordic made me a deal on the boat that I could not pass up. Overall, the Rage walk through open bow will fit our families boating style perfectly and the build quality/customer service with Nordic are second to none which sealed the deal. We will be picking the boat up in Havasu in the next couple of weeks and I need some guidance from RDP members on outfitting the boat with everything we need. I need suggestions on what to buy and where for all the gear for the boat, from anchors to vests and spares. Any help would be much appreciated!

Slide anchor
Box anchor with 10' of chain
You can never have too many lines
Bumpers
A tow line
Ski/swim flag
Towels to cover your seats
A small battery jumper or jumper cables
Oar
Fire extinguisher
Nice life vests for your family and then a bunch or the orange ones for guests
Drink coozies

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I would recommend a box anchor and a shore spike for the boat. The box anchor folds up nicely and shore spike is also very effective and portable.

JD D05

Reaction score
Congrats! I have several friends with Rage's, it is the most that got me into powerboating. States have different rules for equipment but here is what I know.

Get everyone fitted for a jacket.
A throw preserver thingy.
fire extinguisher , if no halon system
Maybe a paddle
Air Horn
Ropes
slide anchor is nice
reg anchor
buoy's

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Slide anchor
Box anchor with 10' of chain
You can never have too many lines
Bumpers
A tow line
Ski/swim flag
Towels to cover your seats
A small battery jumper or jumper cables
Oar
Fire extinguisher
Nice life vests for your family and then a bunch or the orange ones for guests
Drink coozies

I would recommend a box anchor and a shore spike for the boat. The box anchor folds up nicely and shore spike is also very effective and portable.

What size slide & box anchor and where is the best place to buy them?

JD D05

Reaction score
I suggest soft side cooler...They don't slide all over. Also good to have extra oil for the motor and the drive and trim.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I would also recommend putting together a detail and wipe down kit for keeping the boat clean besides all of the above already stated, also, we need to see pics of the boat, and congrats! :thumbsup:thumbsup

JD D05

Reaction score
I would also recommend putting together a detail and wipe down kit for keeping the boat clean besides all of the above already stated, also, we need to see pics of the boat, and congrats! :thumbsup:thumbsup

Yes lots of microfibers

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Boat is built or still being rigged? I had a 22 Sprint which is similar.. and I'm real good at spending other people's $$. :D

AJ13

Reaction score
I will tell you know thing to watch out for.
Do not crack the windshield. My windshield cracked on the way to the river a month ago.
Just for half the windshield is $2250.00.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

milkmoney

Reaction score
Congrats on ur new sled. Many years of enjoyment to you and ur family. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Boat is built or still being rigged? I had a 22 Sprint which is similar.. and I'm real good at spending other people's $$. :D

I bought the actual boat that was in the show, but I asked Thane for some more custom options ie; swing away tongue, Vessel View 702 and a few more things.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
A small toolbox dedicated to the boat to keep in the boat. Including stuff like a spare water impeller (if applicable) drain plug (s), Fuses, hand tools, spare key, belts, etc..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I bought the actual boat that was in the show, but I asked Thane for some more custom options ie; swing away tongue, Vessel View 702 and a few more things.

LED lighting on the floor of the open bow and on rear seat base. LED mood lighting in all the cut outs and engine bay.. Two Kicker L7's under each dash, and enough kids and highs to keep up with them.. Dana or Livorsi tabs. drive shower / hydraulic steering.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
LED lighting on the floor of the open bow and on rear seat base. LED mood lighting in all the cut outs and engine bay.. Two Kicker L7's under each dash, and enough kids and highs to keep up with them.. Dana or Livorsi tabs. drive shower / hydraulic steering.

You are good at spending other peoples money!! :yikes

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Photos courtesy of RD.

Nordice Rage 5.jpg Nordice Rage 4.jpg Nordice Rage 3.jpg Nordice Rage 2.jpg Nordice Rage 1.jpg

rvrrun

Reaction score
That's a damn nice looking boat, I love the colors.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Very nice. It looks like the one they had at the LA show.

I had good experience with TOP KNOT for all my lines.
Picked up orange vest from west marine on sale. Fenders from bass pro
Sand spike and other stuff from tillys marine In Norco.

Andy01

Reaction score
Wow very nice, great color combo.

I'd do a medium or small box anchor and they are located in Havasu. I'd go direct to them if you could. Buy one of there anchors, bags, and 100 foot white rolls of rope. Won't take much to hold your boat unless you are going somewhere with a strong current. The large is a pain in the ass.

If you need a quote on insurance let me know.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Awesome gel and interior, that's a real head turner, I am hoping this same layout is in my future soon enough, lime with grey and black I think :D Nice looking ride. :thumbsup

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Wow very nice, great color combo.

I'd do a medium or small box anchor and they are located in Havasu. I'd go direct to them if you could. Buy one of there anchors, bags, and 100 foot white rolls of rope. Won't take much to hold your boat unless you are going somewhere with a strong current. The large is a pain in the ass.

If you need a quote on insurance let me know.

Thanks, I will call you shortly.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Love the colors. Very nice. Nordic puts out a good product [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

Dirtbag

Reaction score

the rdp braintrust helped me out when i built my boat with a great list!....let me try to find it

Dirtbag

Reaction score
the rdp braintrust helped me out when i built my boat with a great list!....let me try to find it

heres the list and the thread..

8 Orange Life Vests
4 Ski Vests
6 FENDERS for docking and tie ups
Oar
Flag
(6) Dock Ropes (25 ft ea)
(2) Tie Downs for back of boat to trailer (talk to Bob about Install) BoatBuckle!!!!!! Awesome
(2) Throw Cushion + 50 foot rope
First Aid Kit
Box Anchor
Slide Anchor
Anchor rope (100 ft?)
Small tool set
Ski Rope
(2) Fire Extinguishers
Shore Spike
Horn
Spotlight
Power Air Pump
Engine oils fluids
Cleaning materials on board
teatherball to attach to anchor.
Softside Cooler (from Bob) AO Coolers are the Best!
Plastic storage containers
Plastic storage container (foot wash)
Possible Need for extra Charger (JIC) Antigravity
Towels Plus
Spare Prop
Prop Wrench
Block of Wood
Flare gun?
Whistles x2

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?158827-Outfitting-a-new-boat

Dirtbag

Reaction score
after having the boat out a few times now.....

the boatbuckles are one of the coolest and easiest things ever. So glad someone mentioned them to us.
Cleaning materials for when the boat is chillin in the channel or parked is a must have.
a towboat usa membership for 70 bux a year....must have

Enen

Reaction score
I will tell you know thing to watch out for.
Do not crack the windshield. My windshield cracked on the way to the river a month ago.
Just for half the windshield is $2250.00.

No shit! I cracked Blubyu's windshield at DS a few years ago. Felt like the bill should have come with a jar of vaseline and a cigarette.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
14 Life Vests - Costco
4 FENDERS for docking and tie ups- Size?
Oar wood or plastic?
Ski Flag
(4) Dock lines (15 ft ea)
(1) Throw Cushion
First Aid Kit- ?
Box Anchor- Slide Anchor Small Stainless
Slide Anchor- Slide Anchor Small or Large?
Anchor rope with shackle (3/8ths x 100 ft?) -Slide Anchor
Small tool set-?
Ski Rope
(2) Fire Extinguishers engine & cabin- Nordic
3 person tube- Costco
Power Air Pump- Costco

Cleaning materials on board
Ball float to attach to anchor.
(2) Softside Coolers
Plastic storage containers
Battery pack jump starter- Anti-gravity XP-10
White Towels- Nordic
Engine & drive oil & filters ?
Spare Prop & mount- ?
Prop Wrench
Trailer lug wrench & ramp
Spare Bilge plugs

JD D05

Reaction score
Always good to have an extra prop. Do you plan on boating at different elevations? I run 30's at Powell but 32's at havasu. With that said my 30 are fun in havasu to but 32's up here suck.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I just picked up a couple large neoprene vests from Costco today. The large sizes were $40 with smaller sizes less. They're pretty stocked right now.
View attachment 546079

I just got back from Costco and bought those same vests in all sizes, smoking deal! Also bought a 3 person towable tube with pump and rope they had for $199.00.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I was told by family members a large box anchor, but that sum of a bitch is heavy. They mentioned that the small/med doesn't set as fast and loosens up anchoring up on the river when the winds come up while camping at pirates. I also picked up a large spike as well, cause a med wasn't available... This is for a hallett 240

I picked up the 7/16 boat package......
http://www.mooringlines.com/boat_packages.htm

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Always good to have an extra prop. Do you plan on boating at different elevations? I run 30's at Powell but 32's at havasu. With that said my 30 are fun in havasu to but 32's up here suck.

Yes, we are planning a trip to Powell and New Melones. I need to run the boat first and see how the prop on the boat now performs, before I buy a spare.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I was told by family members a large box anchor, but that sum of a bitch is heavy. They mentioned that the small/med doesn't set as fast and loosens up anchoring up on the river when the winds come up while camping at pirates. I also picked up a large spike as well, cause a med wasn't available... This is for a hallett 240

I picked up the 7/16 boat package......
http://www.mooringlines.com/boat_packages.htm

Thank you for the link, just what I was looking for. I am thinking I should buy the medium slide anchor as the large is 40" long and will be a PITA to store in the boat.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
after having the boat out a few times now.....

the boatbuckles are one of the coolest and easiest things ever. So glad someone mentioned them to us.
Cleaning materials for when the boat is chillin in the channel or parked is a must have.
a towboat usa membership for 70 bux a year....must have

WTF is a boatbuckle?

No shit! I cracked Blubyu's windshield at DS a few years ago. Felt like the bill should have come with a jar of vaseline and a cigarette.

Well if that one didn't.. I'm pretty sure your next fiberglass bill on your Schiada will because Thane and John read all these threads. :D BOHICA!

Yes, we are planning a trip to Powell and New Melones. I need to run the boat first and see how the prop on the boat now performs, before I buy a spare.

You will be running a 26 Bravo if I had to guess.. 24 at Elevation. Hard to say though if you put as much shit in the boat as some of these guys are suggesting? Good god.. LOL Spare Props?

Enen

Reaction score
Well if that one didn't.. I'm pretty sure your next fiberglass bill on your Schiada will because Thane and John read all these threads. :D BOHICA!

LOL. I wasn't knocking on those guys. I'm stoked at the work they have done on my boat so far. Just saying I was shocked at how expensive the windscreen was. Bottom line, I broke it, and paid for it whatever it cost. Stop trying to stir up shit Johnson.. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
LOL. I wasn't knocking on those guys. I'm stoked at the work they have done on my boat so far. Just saying I was shocked at how expensive the windscreen was. Bottom line, I broke it, and paid for it whatever it cost. Stop trying to stir up shit Johnson.. :D

lol...

rvrrun

Reaction score
WTF is a boatbuckle?

You will be running a 26 Bravo if I had to guess.. 24 at Elevation. Hard to say though if you put as much shit in the boat as some of these guys are suggesting? Good god.. LOL Spare Props?

Boatbuckle is a retractable tie down for the d rings on the transom to the trailer. I love them.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
As I understand it, some sun tan lotions stain upholstery. Which ones should I have on the boat and which ones should I not allow? Is there anything I should put on the upholstery now while the boat is new to prevent any staining?