WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bourbon Thread - Reviews

SixD9R

Reaction score
Picked up a bag of beans last weekend, thought you might like. Definitely has a bourbon flavor and aroma.

IMG_8310.jpeg

IMG_8311.jpeg

IMG_8312.jpeg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
My father sent me these. Love the 1920 era bottles.

The guy who started Bhakta sold his stake in Whistle Pig for this new venture . Check out the web link below.

The Whiskey is quite tasty as well. Would love to try the others, but it gets pricy.

IMG_9720.jpeg

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Ive been meaning to post this since Super Bowl, but work got in the way.
My parents stayed with us for the better part of the week leading up to Super Bowl to watch the kids because of some issues going on in my wife’s family. My stepdad loves old fashions, so I decided to try a Clarified Old Fashion recipe I had. It was a big hit so I made a bottle for the Super Bowl. Again, a huge hit. I urge anyone who likes them to try it out. I screen shot the recipe below. I didnt add the citric acid. I made my Demerara syrup 1:1 out of turbinado sugar.
Also, I didn’t use Kentucky Owl. I just had an empty bottle! I used a $20 of Old Forester and a $20 of Bullit. I mixed it all, and let it sit over night. I then strained it through 2 coffee filters.
The drink is amazingly smooth and brings out different flavors. Even the women liked them.
If you have instagram, look up Thirstywhale_
IMG_3156.png
IMG_3188.jpeg
IMG_3189.jpeg
IMG_3191.jpeg
IMG_3192.jpeg