WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bourbon

dave29

Reaction score
Just read about a Bourbon rated 98 points that supposedly is tastier than Pappy. It's called "Black Maple Hill 21". Anyone tried it? Anyone know where to get a bottle? Everywhere I looked online, backordered.
Thanks
dave29

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Have not. However, check out Garrison Brothers in Texas.

Micro distiller getting bigger by the hour. Good stuff. If you can get your hands on their cowboy bourbon it is supposed to be awesome. But like Pappy if you buy at retail you can turn sound and make 6-700 bucks easy reselling.

dave29

Reaction score
I'm on my second bottle of Garrison Brothers. A bartender at the Sanctuary in Az. introduced me to it. Great stuff. I also like Blanton's. I have a 20 Pappy tucked away for the end of the world party. Hopefully someone know's how to get a bottle of the Black Maple.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I'm on my second bottle of Garrison Brothers. A bartender at the Sanctuary in Az. introduced me to it. Great stuff. I also like Blanton's. I have a 20 Pappy tucked away for the end of the world party. Hopefully someone know's how to get a bottle of the Black Maple.

Oh cool. I went to the distillery in Texas. Was a great experience.

Sorry can't help with the Black Maple.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Unrelated really, but my wife inherited a bourbon from her dad that he had since the 70's.

It is a bittersweet smile every time I open the cabinet and see it sitting there.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'll have to try to find some and give it a taste.

Blantons is hard to beat, I like it over ice and give it about a minute to settle.
Willet is my "go to" bourbon.

Jeffersons, Angels envy, rock hill farms single barrel all very good in my book.

dave29

Reaction score
Unrelated really, but my wife inherited a bourbon from her dad that he had since the 70's.

It is a bittersweet smile every time I open the cabinet and see it sitting there.

Maybe you should give it a try.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My old man in law's, RIP bottle is Old Weller 107. Bottle is from the 70s

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I got a sealed bottle of crown royal from 1964. Been stored in a closet in a climate controlled house it's whole life. I wanna open it and try it, but at the same time I want to save it.....

Hmmm

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I'm already on the hunt. Have connections. :cool

Pappy is more hype than good... Just because it is rare does not make it good.

It's subjective to a point, but consensus is pretty much in that Pappy is one of the best Bourbon's put out by Buffalo Trace distillery, that's why the original offerings got bought up so quickly starting the fever pitch to get ahold of the bottles. The quality of the product led to the hype.

If you are looking for something that is excellent and easy to find there are several other bourbon's put out by Buffalo Trace. The Colonel EH Taylor is excellent in all of it's variations (Rye, Small Batch, and Barrel Proof). Also Eagle Rare. Buffalo Trace makes Blanton's and Weller as well.

prosthogod

Reaction score
I got a sealed bottle of crown royal from 1964. Been stored in a closet in a climate controlled house it's whole life. I wanna open it and try it, but at the same time I want to save it.....

Hmmm

Aging is completed in the barrel. If anything it may have become worse if any air leaked in.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I'm already on the hunt. Have connections. :cool

Pappy is more hype than good... Just because it is rare does not make it good.

Kinda how I feel about JW Blue Label... Just because it is expen$ive does not make it good.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
My favorite is still Woodford Reserve Double Oaked...in fact I probably like it a little too much! :drink

A couple...or 3 fingers and 2 small ice cubes and I am a happy camper.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
Kinda how I feel about JW Blue Label... Just because it is expen$ive does not make it good.

I have to disagree with you about Blue Label. I think it's great! Is it worth the money...probably not. But it's a treat to have in the decanter for the occasional taste.

By the way it's on sale at Costco right now for $125 I believe.

Aging is completed in the barrel. If anything it may have become worse if any air leaked in.

Yepers. Whiskey is not like wine. It only ages in the barrel. That's why some whiskeys can be so expensive. A 50 year scotch has been sitting in a barrel in some whiskey makers cellar for 50 years before it was bottled. That's a lot of time to sit on a product before it makes you any money.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432064255.643233.jpg

I may have a problem.....

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you about Blue Label. I think it's great! Is it worth the money...probably not. But it's a treat to have in the decanter for the occasional taste.

By the way it's on sale at Costco right now for $125 I believe.

Yepers. Whiskey is not like wine. It only ages in the barrel. That's why some whiskeys can be so expensive. A 50 year scotch has been sitting in a barrel in some whiskey makers cellar for 50 years before it was bottled. That's a lot of time to sit on a product before it makes you any money.
Couple things.I dont remember what color JW i had.Def not Blue.Red or Black? So smooth and good? Never had it again. lol I saw that Crown now has a "Regal Apple" That sounds very good to me..

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Couple things.I dont remember what color JW i had.Def not Blue.Red or Black? So smooth and good? Never had it again. lol I saw that Crown now has a "Regal Apple" That sounds very good to me..
Green, you couldn't get it here for a long time but it has been imported for a couple of years now.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
If you are near Louisville, hit the Bourbon Trail......
Think wine tasting, only Bourbon.
Great experience.
Maker's Mark distillery is awesome.

Deangang

v-drive row member
Reaction score
My favorite is still Woodford Reserve Double Oaked...in fact I probably like it a little too much! :drink

A couple...or 3 fingers and 2 small ice cubes and I am a happy camper.

That is a great bourbon neat or over ice :thumbup:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Did someone say Bourbon?
ATTACH]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436800330253.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436800330253.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 12