WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bow runners/long towels etc

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I know back a few years ago someone made long narrow runners for closed bow boats. Or maybe it was a towel of some sort for walking on and off the boat. Does anyone know where these can be purchased?

My Howard 28 Bullet is a closed bow and it’s slippery AF. I also often have kids with me so I don’t want them to slip or walk up the bow with sandy feet.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I also have this same problem. But I did something that will probably get disapproval from the inmates:

I have a 29' Laveycraft NuEra. I ordered GatorStep to go right down the center of the bow. Getting it installed late February/early March.

But I also have two rails running parallel down the bow. So it will probably look alright between the rails.

Halvecto

Reaction score
I keep a thin oversized neoprene yoga mat rolled-up under the bow. Works great for when the kids want to get their vest/ski on and have the handles to slide in from the bow.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I saw a guy once with a custom bath mat runner, but those are really expensive. I just bought a few and lay them end to end out end on the deck. Very cushy and rubber back so no slippage.

Also, finally got smart and followed the race crew guys- bought some water yoga shoes for walking on the deck.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I had some drawer liner I could roll out and put a towel on when I had a closed bow boat.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I use bath mats, rubber backing, won't hold water, and have enough weight they won't blow away

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Seas

Reaction score
For our 28' Bullet my wife made our runner by having our dry cleaners stitch 3 large bath sheets together (could use beach towels), then stitch non-skid drawer liner (like used in motorhomes) on the bottom to help keep it from moving or slipping (I wax the hell out of the bow and it is slippery underneath!). She then stitched webbed loops on each corner at the bow that we attach plastic suction cups to to adhere it to the hull under the rub rail (or you could make one long strap to go thru the bow eye) and 2 velcro straps to loop around the windscreen bases at the cockpit end. To help keep the runner from billowing up in the wind, she made another long strap (fleece backed) with velcro on each end to lay across the runner and loop thru the cleats on each side of the bow. Easy to use and store inside the cabin, just make sure there is no sand or grit on either the bow or on the runner when you lay it out. We are still careful walking on the runner in case it moves. I told my wife that she should have marketed them!
PB010232.jpg