WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boxed Tri-5 Frame and 4link value

SHEP

Reaction score
My brother has a frame he was going to use for his 55 Chevy but decided to go another route. We are trying to get an idea of what it worth before I post it in the classified section. He has all the brackets and a brand new 4link in the box as well that'll go with it. Very straight frame with no issues.
Frame1.jpg
Frame2.jpg
Frame3.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures but it's all we have until we head out there again. It's located in Havasu so we are trying to avoid having to bring it back to So. CA.

Thanks for the input.

SHEP

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
For reference, if it can be, I sold a fully boxed frame with front suspension done (Porter Built lowering kit) for a 68' C-10 short bed for $5k. It came with most body parts as well but all had some rust and some work needed and everything was disassembled. No drivetrain or interior. I don't put much value on the body parts that went with it that's why I see it as a possible comparison. Obvious biggest difference is model but C-10's are hot now so maybe that is close to or equal to that of a tri-5. Good luck on not bringing it back to Socal. I sold mine in Socal on craigslist. Had 6 or 8 calls and only 1 guy showed up. Projects are tough, I think I got lucky. My brand new front end was probably equal to that of your rear 4 link.

Anyway, just some food for thought. Good Luck.

SHEP

Reaction score
For reference, if it can be, I sold a fully boxed frame with front suspension done (Porter Built lowering kit) for a 68' C-10 short bed for $5k. It came with most body parts as well but all had some rust and some work needed and everything was disassembled. No drivetrain or interior. I don't put much value on the body parts that went with it that's why I see it as a possible comparison. Obvious biggest difference is model but C-10's are hot now so maybe that is close to or equal to that of a tri-5. Good luck on not bringing it back to Socal. I sold mine in Socal on craigslist. Had 6 or 8 calls and only 1 guy showed up. Projects are tough, I think I got lucky. My brand new front end was probably equal to that of your rear 4 link.

Anyway, just some food for thought. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info.

jasonwtc

Reaction score
about 2 years ago i saw a factory boxed 56 frame with front and rear factory suspension, rear end, rims and tires and guy wanted $1500 located in huntington beach. he had switched to a aftermarket frame and wanted to get rid of it. i think as frame swaps become more popular they will get cheaper and cheaper. not sure how much yours is worth start price high and adjust down every couple weeks until it sells

JayBreww

Reaction score
Honestly it's pretty abstract.. I personally wouldn't have any idea of what it's worth? If it comes with the 4 link etc? I would think maybe a grand or two?

RD

I’d pay a grand, could put it to use
IMG_0322.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
My brother has a frame he was going to use for his 55 Chevy but decided to go another route. We are trying to get an idea of what it worth before I post it in the classified section. He has all the brackets and a brand new 4link in the box as well that'll go with it. Very straight frame with no issues.
View attachment 725383 View attachment 725384 View attachment 725385

Sorry for the bad pictures but it's all we have until we head out there again. It's located in Havasu so we are trying to avoid having to bring it back to So. CA.

Thanks for the input.

SHEP

Maybe @bonesfab can help you out figuring out a price.

SHEP

Reaction score
I’d pay a grand, could put it to use View attachment 725456

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located? My brother will be in Havasu next week if you'd like to take a look. Shoot me a PM if you're really interested and we can work out the details. Would rather it go to a member and not deal with the hassle.

Last edited: