WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boys and their RC Toys

3.Slow

Reaction score
@Riley1 and I took the boys out to a field to drive their Raptors
20180818_103624.jpg

all was going good until dad(me) got ahold of the truck and thought I was gonna fly off a sweet jump and crashed it straight into a branch laying on the ground
20180818_103647.jpg

now it's off to the hobby shop for some parts

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Looks like fun. BPracing1127 and I were just at Revelation Raceway in Montclair earlier today.

3.Slow

Reaction score
Looks like fun. BPracing1127 and I were just at Revelation Raceway in Montclair earlier today.
The boys are anxious to take their trucks to an actual track, just worried it might turn in to a demolition derby, the dont hit each other on purpose, but on a tight course I know it will happen, a lot. lol

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
The boys are anxious to take their trucks to an actual track, just worried it might turn in to a demolition derby, the dont hit each other on purpose, but on a tight course I know it will happen, a lot. lol
I think you would be surprised, if they have a direction to follow and stay on the course I think they will do better than you think

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.Slow

Reaction score
I think you would be surprised, if they have a direction to follow and stay on the course I think they will do better than you think
Is there certain day/time you would recommend taking young inexperienced drivers?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Is there certain day/time you would recommend taking young inexperienced drivers?
We have been going early in the morning. No one really there. About noon or so the 1/8 buggies start coming in. Just check the race day schedule. It’s 15 bucks I believe per driver. Pretty relaxed in the am. Lots of people willing to help them learn.

tkrrox

Reaction score
My son and I have slash 4x4. (My daughter has one too but she just likes to go in circles)Done quite a bit to them and first we made a real simple track in the dirt to get used to throttle and steering. After about 3-4 sessions we chatted with the dude at the track and went when it was least crowded. He digs it and really surprised me. 9yrs and he stays right with me. Long story short he have started going when more people are there to learn and get ideas of pace and the slash 4x4 does not hang with the losis and teknos. They scoot. I just put in a new motor so we will see how it does now. Thinking if we get anymore serious we will get teknos and use the slashes for desert and bashing.
IMG_7067.JPG
IMG_7075.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

welldigger00

Reaction score
Best damn learning tool you can give a kid. My boy has gone through about 10 of them since age 8. He works for a garage in town now, and is headed to a tech school after high school at the end of this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Saw this pop up in a local exchange. Can get for $100.

Worth it?? Boy wants one for his B day

Screenshot_20180819-145854.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tkrrox

Reaction score
Best damn learning tool you can give a kid. My boy has gone through about 10 of them since age 8. He works for a garage in town now, and is headed to a tech school after high school at the end of this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. My son has rebuilt the whole front end, changed tires, rebuilt the shocks, and regeared it all be himself. It’s great for getting them to figured out the mechanics of things. Also I make him do chores for all parts and track fees (I match his $$)so he is learning about work and life at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro