WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Brain trust advice…

MeCasa16

Reaction score
C8BE7CE8-B76A-4B81-A380-FCB5C560BF7A.jpeg
F46DC56F-B2E3-4C4C-96B5-E77408195879.jpeg
04155274-1E58-4407-BCB4-2283AC40F6EE.jpeg
E11EC92C-4C10-446C-BFE7-6D70F4DAC822.png
I need to make a life size Barbie box for a bunch of adult women to take pictures in. The better half is having a girls weekend with a Barbie theme. I have the rest of the day to get a life size Barbie box made so they can dress up and have pics taken in it. Or first I was thinking refrigerator box, and I’ll paint it pink. She already ordered the huge decals for the front that say Barbie and Mattel, so I just need the shape made. What would you guys do? It has to be able to withstand white girl wasted ridiculouness.

I’m thinking along the lines of this box, but I could just build the frame for the front too. They can stand in it or just behind it.

How would you guys do it? So many of you are so much more creative and skilled than me. I’d love to hear a few ideas before I go buy some supplies.

If I do go refrigerator box, anyone know where I might be able to get one in Havasu today?

Also, aren’t you all jealous of this setup taking up space in your house? We don’t have kids so she ordered all these this week. Lucky us…

wallnutz

Reaction score
Well first off there better be a whole bunch of pictures come Monday morning! Fridge box might work, but I would go the way of plywood and a couple of 2x4s.
You could always repurpose the wood.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Okay I lied, I got something, but it won't be that strong. Build the frame put of whatever you are comfortable with. Then they sale 8x4 sheets of white blank cardboard for like $30. You can wrap it with that and paint.

The front lip should probably be wood since that's what would take the most abuse.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Sorry, can’t offer help on the construction. Wish you lived closer to me or I would offer up a bunch of Barbie dolls for props. Worked there for 15 years, last job was GM Asia in Hong Kong. This prompted me to fish around in my storage closet and pull a few out. I’ve got boxes and boxes of Hot Wheels and Barbies accumulated over a fun career there.

Good luck on the party!
53D4FA63-E194-46AE-8E3A-289325C1C778.jpeg

TrollerDave

Reaction score
5EE21FAF-46D4-4837-93B9-05F10B3C54E3.png
If you don’t want to get all “Bob the Builder” and make a full out wood structure, Maybe go with a cheap table cloth or sheets for the back ground and sides at least. Just an idea.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
They have 1/4 inch Masonite in 3x8 panels get some 1x4 and frame up a face frame and then box in the back side

it’s going to take a few coats of paint so you better hurry up

we need some pics ! This thread is useless with out pics!!
^^^ This is probably your best bet though.
4822E199-874F-4C49-8BA0-B052AEF416A2.png

MeCasa16

Reaction score
They have 1/4 inch Masonite in 3x8 panels get some 1x4 and frame up a face frame and then box in the back side

it’s going to take a few coats of paint so you better hurry up

we need some pics ! This thread is useless with out pics!!
^^^ This is probably your best bet though.
View attachment 1117506
These are the kinds of ideas I was talking about! This is why I ask the brain trust!

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
I just bought a few panels on Monday

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I was going to say PVC. I just built my kid a princess curtain for her bed using PVC and it worked pretty well You could zip tie cardboard to it and cover the cardboard in fabric.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Instead of making an entire framework, do you have a doorway you could use? Use the top of an appliance box, maybe 8-10" as your "ball containment", then cover the door trim and front of the box with your pink paper. You could use pvc and shower curtain hangers to hold a pink sheet as your backdrop. A half "hula hoop" would work too, so you won't get the angle shadows when taking pics.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
PVC is the winning design with foam board covered in pink wrapping paper

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Instead of making an entire framework, do you have a doorway you could use? Use the top of an appliance box, maybe 8-10" as your "ball containment", then cover the door trim and front of the box with your pink paper. You could use pvc and shower curtain hangers to hold a pink sheet as your backdrop. A half "hula hoop" would work too, so you won't get the angle shadows when taking pics.
That would work great except they want it to be mobile… it’s going to travel with them to willow valley Saturday night.. don’t ask me, I just work here…

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That would work great except they want it to be mobile… it’s going to travel with them to willow valley Saturday night.. don’t ask me, I just work here…
With truck, or SUV for transit? If truck or something, I'd do a wood frame, and then attach the sides with hinges. It could fold flat, but be put up quickly...playing with pvc pipe and drinking can be difficult ;)

MeCasa16

Reaction score
With truck, or SUV for transit? If truck or something, I'd do a wood frame, and then attach the sides with hinges. It could fold flat, but be put up quickly...playing with pvc pipe and drinking can be difficult ;)
With a truck.. it will probably fly out and be in a million pieces before they even hit the 40. 🤣

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
With a truck.. it will probably fly out and be in a million pieces before they even hit the 40. 🤣
I was thinking along the lines of a 40oz of Old English ...just to make all inclusive and shit.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I was thinking along the lines of a 40oz of Old English ...just to make all inclusive and shit.
There was a bar in Chicago I used to go to on Friday’s that had a 40oz King Cobra special for $4. They even served it to you in a bum bag. Nights like that usually ended up that the wiener circle for a chocolate milkshake. If you don’t know what that is, YouTube it…

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
There was a bar in Chicago I used to go to on Friday’s that had a 40oz King Cobra special for $4. They even served it to you in a bum bag. Nights like that usually ended up that the wiener circle for a chocolate milkshake. If you don’t know what that is, YouTube it…
Dayum!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
That’s the place… 🤣🤣 I believe someone would get canceled if they partook in those activities these days…
There are at least 3 customers I would like to talk to like that. 🤪

traquer

Reaction score
@MeCasa16 I'd look on craigslist and offerup to see if anyone was selling some used tradeshow booth pieces. Those are built to be dissasembled and you can just paint over it or apply some new material

Edit: Looks like you already have something, lookin great! IF it's not enough you can add on one of these guys

traquer

Reaction score
Excellent idea on the wrapping paper! Fastest/easiest/cheapest. looks great